ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the reward money only $10,000? I would have thought it would be a lot higher.

That's just it. We don't know if LE was LED to believe the incorrect information or if they mistakenly HAD the wrong information for any number of possible reasons. I just can't assume it's because LE was "lied" to by the parents.
In the video Bowerman says "we learned during the investigation". I am going to go by his latest words. jmo

[video=youtube;FV-h82eVQ1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-h82eVQ1M[/video]

Wow. I thought that photo was DeOrr. I can see why LE checked it out.

Sadly, I'm not sure how WELL they checked it out. I don't necessarily believe he's DeOrr because a few things are "off," imo, but this is a, to my untrained eye and in my opinion, a child who looks fairly neglected, and someone should have checked to ensure he was safe and well-cared for before just turning him back over to the person who left him unattended for several hours. There's no logic to that! And what proof was there that he was her son? Unless a lot more was going on behind the scenes, I think someone really dropped the ball on this one.

FWIW that is the lady's SM name. She didnt create it for this story as far as i can tell. jmo

Agree. The woman is just someone who works at a hotel, and found the child. She contacted LE, took a photo of the boy and posted it on facebook then looked after the child, even changing his nappy, until his mother claimed him and LE sent him off with his mother. The poor woman did everything right, and there is no evidence that she was involved in any kind of hoax or anything! Lots of people use fake names on facebook, it doesn't mean anything. Then the picture went viral, and everyone started saying it was Deorr and making all kinds of accusations about innocent people.

It's just a boy who happens to look quite like Deorr in that picture. Lots of kids look alike at that age, and in every missing person case there are tons of "sightings" by people who are *convinced* that they saw the missing person, all around the world. People have also said that the child looks just like other missing children, even girls. LE and the PI quickly put out statements saying it wasn't Deorr, but the family started getting snotty and insisting on DNA tests. Of course people *want* to believe it is Deorr, because this is his best chance yet of being found alive. But I think it's just a sad coincidence that's been blown out of proportion.

In the video Bowerman says "we learned during the investigation". I am going to go by his latest words. jmo

[video=youtube;FV-h82eVQ1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-h82eVQ1M[/video]

Yes, he said "we learned during the investigation" . . . . How does that translate to the parents lied about when the arrived? You're taking the words "we learned during the investigation" and turning them into something about which we have no knowledge.

this whole kid in california thing is kinda creepy. i mean the description on paper sounds like deorr jr. the picture looks more like deorr jr. than 95% of most other boys at 2 yrs old. i wonder how 'mom' proved he was her son. running around living in hotels? like on the lam or something? what kind of physical changes could a child go through in 2 months (weightloss from malnutrition, stress). i'm pretty sure it's not him because i trust LE handled it correctly, but on the other hand, if i was deorr jr.'s parent i'd be down there right now demanding to see that child! that's just how i am, i'd always be like 'what if?' for the rest of my life if i didn't see the child with my own eyes, you know?

This is the part i don't get. A witness says she saw a man with a child matching DeOrr's description. The baby was crying and the man was buying him candy.

But the parents do not focus on this at all. They instead try to discount it as being either not DeOrr, or the clerk had the wrong time.

But their child is missing and they think someone kidnapped him. So why in the heck would they not assume that this sighting was real and it was ANOTHER man, not DeOrr sr, with DeOrr jr at the store around 6pm?

Why not beg that person who was spotted with a child to come forward? Gaaaahhh this drives me nuts.

Now if he was abducted and hysterically crying, it would make sense for the abductor to stop and buy him candy in order to calm him down.

I do sometimes wonder if he was sold in an illegal adoption scheme. If so, the camping with senile grandpa and his 'friend' who the parents had never met before seems like it could go along with the plan.

The body language and word choices from the father really makes me feel uncomfortable....

I've decided that when I have to choose between what people say and what they do, I'm going to opt for thinking what they do is more representative of their feelings and beliefs. Two opposite things can't be true at the same time and trying to fight that truism makes my head spin.

That may be, but if that's the case, the police need to get on board and back it up. If the police gave a statement that supported the lead, it would certainly make it more legitimate in most people's minds. MOO.

IIRC, the sheriff did the exact opposite - he basically scoffed at the idea of chasing the PI's "leads". My favorite is still the tip from the Caribbean.

:sunshine:

Vilt said Kunz's parents left him with his grandfather the morning of his disappearance while they went to scout fishing locations.
“The grandfather could have been distracted,” said Vilt.
As part of the re-enactment, Vilt used a girl around Kunz's age to demonstrate how easy it would be for someone to abduct a child from the remote campsite.
“This gentleman who was camping here went inside his trailer just for a moment and I just walked up and took the child, the child came with me,” said Vilt.
After Monday's exercise, Vilt said he's more sure than ever that Kunz was abducted and that Kunz's parents had nothing to do with his disappearance as some have suggested.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/kunz-family-reenacts-toddlers-disappearance/35281146

But DK did say they went to the store "as a family". That's why it was so important that the clerk saw them with DeOrr, even if it was the wrong time. Did they leave DeOrr with ggp to scout fishing locations, then go to the store "as a family" after that, then leave DeOrr with ggp again? Did IR go with the parents or find a fishing spot on his own?

I just signed on this morning and haven't read all the posts I missed last night but I wanted to add this regarding the boy in CA before I forget. I didn't/don't think he looks exactly like DeOrr but one thing struck me as being really weird. <modsnip>

The parents were scouting for fishing locations? Is that new info - we just heard that they were "exploring" before.

I hope the little girl made it back home safely without being abducted for real! :)

Plus, the parents said they left DeOrr with ggp around his nap time to go exploring - some time around 2 pm. When they left DeOrr with ggp to scout fishing locations, that would have been earlier since it was morning. This story doesn't make sense.

wow.. so they did the reenactment and had someone (the GGP actor) go into the trailer and when he came out the deorr actor had been snatched? So.. does this mean GGP really went into his trailer the day deorr disappeared? jmo

I wonder if the little girl playing DeOrr is related to the PI.

well, by their behavior, the way they have been acting, 911 call, not going in from the of press etc. does not make them look innocent.

Take the timeline for example, We were told they got in on friday when it actually was thursday night. they never bother to correct/address the issue.

And this is the first time i've heard if them going scouting for fishing locations. at first they were just exploring.

jmo

This is the first time I heard it was in the morning rather than in the afternoon. How long was he missing when they called 911 at 2:26 pm? Did anyone go to the store around noon? If so, who went?

This is the first time I heard it was in the morning rather than in the afternoon. How long was he missing when they called 911 at 2:26 pm? Did anyone go to the store around noon? If so, who went?

All the sheriff has EVER said, that I recall, is one trip to the store for which he has a receipt. The only time frame given by EVERYONE (except the new remark by the PI) was that they returned to the campsite at about 1:00 PM. Was a time given as to when they left to go to the store? Given the amount of time it took to drive there and back plus go to the store and maybe eat lunch (the French Fries), would HAVE to mean they left the campsite before noon which would, in fact, be morning.

All the sheriff has EVER said, that I recall, is one trip to the store for which he has a receipt. The only time frame given by EVERYONE (except the new remark by the PI) was that they returned to the campsite at about 1:00 PM. Was a time given as to when they left to go to the store? Given the amount of time it took to drive there and back plus go to the store and maybe eat lunch (the French Fries), would HAVE to mean they left the campsite before noon which would, in fact, be morning.

Here is the quote in question:

"Vilt said Kunz's parents left him with his grandfather the morning of his disappearance while they went to scout fishing locations."

(bbm) This reads as though Vilt is saying not that they left for the store in the morning but that they went exploring/looking for minnows/scouting fishing locations in the morning and that was when they left DeOrr Jr. with ggpa.

ymmv ... moo, imo.

IIRC, the sheriff did the exact opposite - he basically scoffed at the idea of chasing the PI's "leads". My favorite is still the tip from the Caribbean.

:sunshine:

Exactly. LE is not supporting any abduction theory.

The sheriff mentioned the receipt and how it indicated they were at the store at a certain time but he would not say the time. I think he intentionally withheld that information. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member