ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The aunt said a couple of days ago on fb that the police had more pictures of the boy and they could see it wasn't him.
And that they have spoken to a relative of the boy who said that the child is already known to CPS and similar things have happened before.

The bit about the police being unable to find the boy and his mother is untrue, imo.

I am extremely confused because of this. Was this interview today, the date of the article posting? Because there's no way that the PI doesn't know that the family has made a public statement about that boy not being baby D. So why is he saying they're still investigating?

I am extremely confused because of this. Was this interview today, the date of the article posting? Because there's no way that the PI doesn't know that the family has made a public statement about that boy not being baby D. So why is he saying they're still investigating?

To keep Deorr's name in the news. JMO

Thanks for the transcript Rayemonde.

This bit sticks out to me.

Was the bold said by both parties or is this just a dramatic line that Vilt has added himself? Either way this just doesn't ring true at all IMO.

If any of this is true/credible then LE will issue an Amber Alert, right? If they don't in the next day or two....
I question the credibility of a lot of the new details that have come out the past couple days. Something stinks imo. (And it's not me, I just took a shower [emoji14])

I question the credibility of a lot of the new details that have come out the past couple days. Something stinks imo. (And it's not me, I just took a shower [emoji14])

I can"t help but think of this:

"We'll wait until we get the report from the FBI," Bowerman said. "It's going to be critical in this case."

ksl.com Aug 18th, 2015

Since the PI says GGP was neglectful for stepping into the camper I have to assume that he thinks that is when the toddler went missing. Which is brand new info. I was wondering if maybe he went into the camper because he thought the toddler was with the parents. That would just make him confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think GGP never was ASKED to watch the baby, from what I can tell the PI is throwing spaghetti at the walls hoping something sticks, as long as it doesn't stick to the parents. Shameful IMO. Parents are afraid of neglect charges or ? and would throw ggp under the bus. I have Never read where he was specifically asked to watch that baby. This is just turning into a circus IMO

We don't have those types of PIs over here as far as I'm aware, so i don't understand their terms of reference.
Do they act as a legal advisor to their clients ?
Is it normal to use one in such cases? Do they have access to police investigations?

TIA if someone could clarify just what they can do.

Edited to add, I am very glad to read the report from the police about tips. - just as it should be. Imo

A private investigator is an individual who investigates crimes or investigates the identity, business, occupation, character, etc., of a person, or investigates the location of lost or stolen property or people, or investigates the cause of fires, losses, accidents, damage or injury, or secures evidence for use in court. PIs in the US need a license in most states which qualifies that
they have a law degree or completed a four year course in police science or equivalent investigative work, or have an associate's degree in police science, criminal law, or justice. Many PIs are retired military or police. Consequently, Idaho does not require a license.

Your can find out state specifics here if you are keen http://investigator-resources.com/Private_Investigator_License_Requirements.aspx

Didn't the Anthony's have a PI too? I forget his name, but he was pretty much a sham from what I recall.

So, not much! So discouraging. Has anyone been named a POI or suspect? I saw a few pages back talk of sleuthing but never could find who could and could not be sleuthed. Edited to thank you for catching me up! :)

JM & DK & IR are POI. I don't know about GGP.

JM & DK & IR are POI. I don't know about GGP.

They're POI, but we're not allowed to sleuth them because LE said they were only POI because they were there when Deorr went missing.

So what do we think about IR lawyering up (according to the PI)? I feel like we've been handed IR on a plate, but no one's really taken the bait. The past conviction, the strange interview... I thought people would be all over this guy.

So what do we think about IR lawyering up (according to the PI)? I feel like we've been handed IR on a plate, but no one's really taken the bait. The past conviction, the strange interview... I thought people would be all over this guy.
Read your previous post. ;)

I've taken the bait. I am looking at him sideways and have been since day one.

and why would he feel he needed to do this????

and why would he feel he needed to do this????

It may be because of his past record. Sometimes people with a record end up like sitting ducks if they just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time when something goes down. Can't really say I blame him. Then again . . . . ? There may be more than we know. (Obviously there's more than we know since we know nothing). :(

I did note that Vilt was very respectful of the local LE and sheriff during his three-part interview and advised listeners with tips to call either his hotline or the hotline tip number provided by the sheriff.

Some have wondered, as have I, why the family finally decided to use the services of a PI. Perhaps they found themselves at crosshairs with the sheriff regarding his position on an abduction. If what is being said is true and DK DID indeed see a black Jeep Rubicon and did indeed observe a man leering at little Deorr and did, indeed, tell this to the sheriff, then I could certainly understand their frustrations, to say the least. Their son is missing, there has been absolutely NO sign of him anywhere in the areas that were searched by the best of the best, AND they have this information about the truck and the car, which they provide to the sheriff, yet he announces that he does not believe the child was abducted, even though he ALSO said that if the child was up there, he should have been found the first day.

But the sheriff took his stand and dug in his heels and refused to assist in any remedy that would normally have been used when it is believed a child has been abducted. Then, Mr. Vilt paid DK a visit and FINALLY a possible abduction is being recognized.

Just my opinion.

Yes, it does sound like the FBI report is imminent. With LE asking that all tips go through them and requesting the cancellation of the volunteer search it sounds like something has changed in the past week. Maybe the FBI has given a preliminary report of their findings.

O/T - general comment to all reading. WS has an Ignore button. It is a wonderful thing.

Thanks, CNC. I needed that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member