ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please explain to me why some believe the parents MUST HAVE been doing something other than what they SAID they were doing? Something must cause some to think they were either doing something sexual or something illegal (embarrassing). I'd like to know what causes some to think that, because in all honestly, I don't think that at all. I have not seen or heard anything to make me believe they weren't doing exactly what they have said they were doing.

I think the cause for speculation is simple. They are "kids" and not hoity-toity older socialites. I, too, have been wondering why some think they were up to something else other than exploring.

If I was working for the parents doing PR, I would tell them to insist that Deorr got lost. There will be less pressure on you to keep the case in the media as time goes on. Nobody will be asking why you aren't on Nancy Grace. Constantly bring up the "Dingo" case in Australia, where a woman was charged with killing her daughter when it was actually a dingo. If it's ever announced that you are suspects, be like "It's a shame that 35 years later, this is still happening". Talk about all the kids who have been lost in the woods and never found.

That's what I would do too. Because that is what I would honestly believe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I would do too. Because that is what I would honestly believe!!

Yep, why do they even think their child was abducted? It's weird. There's been many cases of kids lost in the woods...is that common for parents to scream (lightly) that they were abducted? I think they think that the public will like them better/be more supportive if they say Deorr was abducted.

Yep, why do they even think their child was abducted? It's weird. There's been many cases of kids lost in the woods...is that common for parents to scream (lightly) that they were abducted?

I don't know except that some have speculated that they believe he was abducted because that is the one scenario that could give them a sliver of hope that he still alive.

I don't know except that some have speculated that they believe he was abducted because that is the one scenario that could give them a sliver of hope that he still alive.

I guess. I don't think there's anything wrong with being realistic. It would be one thing if Deorr was abducted from the bus stop, if even LE was saying he was taken. But there's no evidence of an abduction and the chance that someone stalked them to the middle-of-nowhere campground, and waited for the right opportunity is extremely unlikely. I don't think it's any different than this man I was reading about whose daughter died on a plane crash in 1980 (never found the bodies) but he insists that all the passengers are still alive and being held in camps in Russia. Why do we consider that theory to be "ridiculous" and find him to be very "sad" yet Deorr's parents thinking he was abducted is them being "hopeful"?

I only know what the PI said in terms of why he was conducting the experiment--to prove that the parents weren't involved. You might have other information that points to this being done for other reasons. It sounds like you do. Please share if so. Thanks!

Oh, nothing private. It was posted yesterday. I think it was Bessie (maybe someone else). I'm thinking Vilt said it during the interview on Monday.

I guess. I don't think there's anything wrong with being realistic. It would be one thing if Deorr was abducted from the bus stop, if even LE was saying he was taken. But there's no evidence of an abduction and the chance that someone stalked them to the middle-of-nowhere campground, and waited for the right opportunity is extremely unlikely. I don't think it's any different than this man I was reading about whose daughter died on a plane crash in 1980 (never found the bodies) but he insists that all the passengers are still alive and being held in camps in Russia. Why do we consider that theory to be "ridiculous" and find him to be very "sad" yet Deorr's parents thinking he was abducted is them being "hopeful"?

You make it sound as though the parents believing that their little boy was abducted rather than dead in the woods (maybe NEVER to be found) is a choice they have calculatingly made. It's not. It's the belief that allows them to awake each day with hope that they will see their son again some day, or at the very least, whoever took him is taking care of him, loving him, keeping him warm . . . . Until such day that he is found and returned to them. For God's sake . . . . They can't even GRIEVE!!

IMO

You make it sound as though the parents believing that their little boy was abducted rather than dead in the woods (maybe NEVER to be found) is a choice they have calculatingly made. It's not. It's the belief that allows them to awake each day with hope that they will see their son again some day, or at the very least, whoever took him is taking care of him, loving him, keeping him warm . . . . Until such day that he is found and returned to them. For God's sake . . . . They can't even GRIEVE!!

IMO

The theory that someone went to the middle-of-nowhere campground to abduct a 2-year-old and is taking great care of him is just as ridiculous as the theory that plane crash victims are being held in camps, yet only one of those theories is ridiculed.

I think the cause for speculation is simple. They are "kids" and not hoity-toity older socialites. I, too, have been wondering why some think they were up to something else other than exploring.

I feel like I should respond to this since I mentioned the "embarrassing" in response to someone else's comment ... they're young, they're in love, they're camping ... I think intimacy is the most natural thing in the world under those circumstances. Yes, even on a family camping trip. People have sex. Consensual sex between adults is not embarrassing or abnormal or wrong. And I wouldn't fault or judge them a bit for it, but I also know that it could be embarrassing for them and many people WOULD fault them for it in light of what happened.

But I also don't know that I think they WERE doing anything other than looking for minnows or exploring. I have no idea. I am just saying that I can see how people might assume that.

Thank you for your reply, but I respectfully disagree. These are not "kids" by any sense of the word. So I don't accept that as the reason many here choose to believe they were doing something sexual or illegal instead of believing what they have said they were doing. JM is a mother of three and takes care of a man in his 70's. DK is a truck driver and provides for his family. They are not kids. IMO

H
Thank you for your reply, but I respectfully disagree. These are not "kids" by any sense of the word. So I don't accept that as the reason many here choose to believe they were doing something sexual or illegal instead of believing what they have said they were doing. JM is a mother of three and takes care of a man in his 70's. DK is a truck driver and provides for his family. They are not kids. IMO

Well then, why do you think some think they were up to something else?

The reason I think they were either having sex or possibly smoking pot is that if all they were doing was exploring why wouldn't they take DeOrr with them? Especially since they are aware of GGP's mental/physical limitations.

Only following this case for a few weeks and I hope they find this poor boy alive. I will say having a almost 26 month old myself I do not see she would ever wonder away at this age. I have a 21 year old as well, now she would wonder away in a store when she was 5. I just cannot grasp that a 2 year old in the middle of the woods at a campsite would wonder far from someone they knew. If I walk out of the room for a moment my daughter will scream. I am not accusing just baffled.

Only following this case for a few weeks and I hope they find this poor boy alive. I will say having a almost 26 month old myself I do not see she would ever wonder away at this age. I have a 21 year old as well, now she would wonder away in a store when she was 5. I just cannot grasp that a 2 year old in the middle of the woods at a campsite would wonder far from someone they knew. If I walk out of the room for a moment my daughter will scream. I am not accusing just baffled.

Welcome! That's a good insight and something I hadn't considered. Nice to hear a fresh perspective.

The theory that someone went to the middle-of-nowhere campground to abduct a 2-year-old and is taking great care of him is just as ridiculous as the theory that plane crash victims are being held in camps, yet only one of those theories is ridiculed.

Is that your opinion?

H

Well then, why do you think some think they were up to something else?

That's what I'm trying to find out by asking. In a million years "I" wouldn't come up with either of those possibilities so it's truly baffling. Of course there may just be those who, for whatEVER reason, want to believe the parents are guilty of harming their son, and will then judge even a simple search for a fishing spot as something that is more likely "less innocent".

The reason I think they were either having sex or possibly smoking pot is that if all they were doing was exploring why wouldn't they take DeOrr with them? Especially since they are aware of GGP's mental/physical limitations.

They probably wanted to find a place that would be safe for little Deorr and felt that leaving him with GGPA was safer than taking him down by the creek. We have no idea what, if any, limitations GGPA had, IMO

I totally agree that abduction seems very unlikely and we know that the sheriff holds that opinion. Based on what little we know, I personally have no strong instinct about what could have had happened (or not) and I so wouldn't be totally shocked by anything--even stranger danger, though I think that is the least likely of all possibilities.

All that said, I don't know for sure how my mind would work if my son (I have one) went missing. I'm not sure if you have heard of "magical thinking." It was the premise of an amazing book by Joan Didion. But it's also a concept that has always intrigued me. When a person (or even pet) you love dies, I think your mind can start to play tricks on you because you want them back so badly. No idea if that is happening here. But possible. I have personally experienced a touch of magical thinking in two situations.

ETA: you don't have to accept any ridicule. None of us should have to. There's a button for that! [emoji4]

I may have missed if this has been previously posted (if so please forgive)

http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-leads-in-missing-deorr-kunz-case/35276162

"man at a store in Leadore the morning of her son's disappearance. Vilt said a couple reported seeing a similar-looking man July 18 -- first while hiking in the Palisades and later at a convenience store in Swan Valley."

The places mentioned remind me of all of the popular camping/fishing areas in and around the Idaho Falls area. (All that's missing are the cabins in Island Park, or hot springs camping areas)

If there is a stranger abduction - could the focus turn to those areas where someone could have a camp site nearby? Possibly someone who spends summer going to/from campsite areas but lives in IF/Pocatello region? Could this be someone who has tempory (seasonal) job in Jackson Hole during winter months?

Since the sheriff is (apparently) satisfied with the receipt and time stamp, as well as what they bought, shouldn't we also be?

I personally didn't get the impression that the sheriff was especially satisfied about anything to do with this case. He seemed frustrated and very tight-lipped. I think if all the details added up, he would be much more forthcoming and would not have called in the FBI to assist. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics