ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just from what people are reporting here, it sounds like the story has changed. MOO

That is what I heard. It's the first time as far as I can remember, that I heard that Isaac, mom and Dad went together to the creek.

Yes Bowerman said that the mother and the father were intermingling with the family friend at a fishing spot when Deorr vanished. That pretty much rules him out completely (unless this whole thing is a family conspiracy, which I doubt).

The EMT bag was "stolen"/taken from one of the searchers vehicles. The sheriff downplayed it as being no big deal and unrelated. For some reason though, when the parents were being interviewed, the subject of the EMT bag was brought up by somebody off camera. Apparently the person prompting them thought it was a big deal. It is odd that searchers would be stealing from other searchers. Once a thief, always a thief I guess.

No polygraph results will be released until they are further scrutinized and analyzed by the FBI.

Tricia needs to interview Bowerman again. I noticed he didn't try to dodge or avoid a single question he was asked. He's obviously totally baffled by this case, but he answers questions directly and he doesn't try to bob and weave when it comes to the details.

Just from what people are reporting here, it sounds like the story has changed. MOO

I'm shocked that IR, LE nor parents have ever stated this. Now I wonder why SB, IIRC, stated in the EIN interview that IR was downstream and parents upstream?

Edit: I should add Wondering25 that I agree with you, but by whom?

I'm shocked that IR, LE nor parents have ever stated this. Now I wonder why SB, IIRC, stated in the EIN interview that IR was downstream and parents upstream?

Maybe because after they mingled for a bit they went their seperate ways to go fish.

jmo.

Maybe because after they mingled for a bit they went their seperate ways to go fish.

jmo.

That is what I thought too. He could have just pointed out a place to fish and then turned and went downstream. Which would still place them in separate spots when Deorr Jr vanished.

That is what I thought too. He could have just pointed out a place to fish and then turned and went downstream. Which would still place them in separate spots when Deorr Jr vanished.
Or I was thinking maybe IR stayed behind to fish and they wondered back to camp.

What happened to the miscommunication between the parents and GGP as to who was watching Deorr? Now, they asked deorr who he wanted to stay with? The parents went off to explore for 10 minutes and now they were with IR? what was the big secret? Or did the story change? JMO

What happened to the miscommunication between the parents and GGP as to who was watching Deorr? Now, they asked deorr who he wanted to stay with? The parents went off to explore for 10 minutes and now they were with IR? what was the big secret? Or did the story change? JMO

Bingo! I thought GGP did not know he was watching Deorr??? Now all of a sudden they ask deorr if he wanted to go with them or stay with GGP.

jmo.

So why wasn't this stated right off the bat? Seriously.... being drip fed changing and/or added details has really hurt this case IMO.

KYPastTracker said:

Given all including GGP and Deorr Jr were within 150ft of each other how far apart could IR and parents be?

They could of asked DeOrr who he wanted to stay with and still of had miscommunication with gramps.
I don't think this info changes much as it just adds to the details.

I have no clue. However, SB said, IIRC, that they(the parents), Deorr Jr, and Isaac, were down at the creek when they asked little Deorr whether he wanted to go with them or stay with GGPA, and the toddler chose GGPA. SB never said anything about the parents telling GGPA so that still leaves a question. Deorr Jr would have had to go back up the bank to the campsite. So, what was said, if anything, to GGPA? I guess we still have no clue.

ETA: listened to the show again and realized that SB did not say that Deorr Jr was down at the creek before going back to GGP. I misunderstood when Sheriff said that "they started down towards the creek" etc before the parents asked Deorr Jr whether he wanted to go with them or stay with GGP. Wanted to correct this. Thanks to TheTruthWillOut for bringing this to my attention. See later posts.

So why wasn't this stated right off the bat? Seriously.... being drip fed changing and/or added details has really hurt this case IMO.

I agree that it has seems that we have been "drip fed" info. I think more details from the beginning would have cut down on the SM gossip that they have had problems with. JMO.

=Given all including GGP and Deorr Jr were within 150ft of each other how far apart could IR and parents be?
Haven't a clue

I don't think the story changed. It was the lack of details that changed. As is typical in so many of these cases here on Websleuths, there is this weird blackout fog that envelops the early stages of an investigation. Many times we are starved for information due to LE secrecy and the "impeding the investigation" B.S. that constantly rears its ugly head. It's only when they hit a brick wall and the case goes cold that LE decides to open up and divulge small details that were currently held "close to the vest", whatever the hell that means.

Tonight in his interview, Bowerman openly discussed some of these confusing details, as if EVERYBODY should already know this stuff. Nobody did, of course. He has access to all the reports and interviews, we don't.
He has access to all the data and investigation files compiled to date....we don't. He's had intimate conversations with both the parents and the other people that were there that day, we haven't. Tonight he came across, to me anyway, as someone who definitely has insider information, but that information has lead nowhere.

I think his reasoning may be....why not just go ahead and lay everything out on the table for everybody to take a look at it ? At this point, what can it hurt ?

I have no clue. However, SB said, IIRC, that they(the parents), Deorr Jr, and Isaac, were down at the creek when they asked little Deorr whether he wanted to go with them or stay with GGPA, and the toddler chose GGPA. SB never said anything about the parents telling GGPA so that still leaves a question. Deorr Jr would have had to go back up the bank to the campsite. So, what was said, if anything, to GGPA? I guess we still have no clue.

BBM.

Say what!? Deorr Jr was at the creek with parents and IR? Tell me this wasn't said on the radio tonight by SB.

BBM.

Say what!? Deorr Jr was at the creek with parents and IR? Tell me this wasn't said on the radio tonight by SB.
There should be a transcript at some point. I'd have to hear it again to say for sure but that's not what I heard or got from it. I thought it was they asked DeOrr if he wanted to come with or stay with grandpa. DeOrr said grandpa and then they left. Gramps was looking or checking on DeOrr and seen DeOrr wonder their direction then Grandpa looked away and when he looked back DeOrr was gone and he just figured he followed after his parents.

BBM.

That was how I understood it. Would have to listen to it again, but I think that is what SB said. Did I misunderstand?

ETA. I posted that right after I heard it and asked if I heard it right.
ETA again. I evidently did misunderstand as I listened to it again. See my later post.

That was how I understood it. Would have to listen to it again, but I think that is what SB said. Did I misunderstand?

Unfortunately the radio wouldn't play for me so I'll have to wait for a transcript or working archive.

Deorr Jr was said to have been left with GGP playing around the campfire so it would be a pretty substantial change.

Did SB say that or one of the grandparents on SM? SB is Sheriff Bowerwman, correct? If so. . .

. . . IR walked the parents upstream of the campsite, left them there, passed back through the campsite to his downstream location and the baby who wanted to stay with GGP went missing in that time. Did I get this right?

Any other hinkey meters fired up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members