ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DeOrr would certainly be 'a needle in a haystack'. Amazing seeing those pictures.

Does Vernal Deorr's truck have a back seat? TIA

I was never able to work out what truck he has (year/model) but isn't it what is known as an extended or bonus cab? I think these had either storage or a pair of small child seats turned 90 degrees depending on model?

Can I be cheeky and ask what you are thinking here?

I just came to post about the overhead footage of the campground. That video gives a really good view of the campground and surrounding area.

I know, right? I went to the bookstore today and pored over some Idaho atlases and hiking trail books because I have such a hard time with maps on the internet. I was going to ask you to verify what I was finding, as you seem to know so much about the area.
Now I need to watch the video several times and take some notes.

I was never able to work out what truck he has (year/model) but isn't it what is known as an extended or bonus cab? I think these had either storage or a pair of small child seats turned 90 degrees depending on model?

Can I be cheeky and ask what you are thinking here?

You're not cheeky! I'm just very literal and get stuck on facts like the sheriff mentioning the back seat. I was trying to visualize seeing a child in the back of a truck and wondered if it was a four door truck or a one with a little jump seat like you mention. :blushing:

There's a big difference between dog skin/fur than human toddler skin. We also have no way of knowing if Deorr would have tried to fight back or resist an attack in any way. From that short video, we can assume that fighting back increases the risk of leaving a bloody mess behind, but I also can't rule out there wouldn't have been blood found with the first two attacks either. We don't know if the theoretical mountain lion's initial attack would have been lethal. There are also a lot of Google image results with wounds that would have definitely resulted in blood being left behind, both human and animal.

Mountain lions do not eat shoes. So where are the shoes. Plus what toddler wears boots at a campsite. Most toddlers can't run up hills with boots on.

It just seems odd that you put boots on the kid while he is running around. Now i know they were not steel toe boots. But come on. Did they pack any other footwear?

You're not cheeky! I'm just very literal and get stuck on facts like the sheriff mentioning the back seat. I was trying to visualize seeing a child in the back of a truck and wondered if it was a four door truck or a one with a little jump seat like you mention. :blushing:

Oh right! I was thinking you watched the new video and spotted something!.....here is what I believe was said to be Vernal's truck (someone please correct if not):

Pz8b.png

I don't see a door handle at the rear hence extended/bonus cab?

Overhead footage of the campground! Awesome!

From about 1:04 to 1:40 on the right side, you can see the drop-off to the creek. I assume that's the embankment where Grandpa said he last saw Deorr. That's a big drop.

From about 1:04 to 1:40 on the right side, you can see the drop-off to the creek. I assume that's the embankment where Grandpa said he last saw Deorr. That's a big drop.

Did they search that area?

At the beginning of this video (after the tiger part) it shows a ml grab a dog by its neck and drag it off. Doesn't have sound so we can't hear of it made any sounds. But deffently shows how easy and fast they can grab a prey by its neck and drag it away. I bet if there wasn't this video there would be a big mystery on what happen to the dog as you can see NO BLOOD was left behind. Execpt in the last part but that I believe is actually a Doberman and not a pitbull that is also tough, put up a fight and won!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNf1TnLtZo

The almost instant kill by a mountain lion is usually due to a combination of broken neck and puncture wounds from the cat's huge upper and lower canines. They simply hold on until their prey falls limp. Although mountain lions can feed off of anything from a mouse to a moose, they weigh the risks involved and will choose the prey that puts themselves in the least amount of danger when at all possible. Although it's been stated by mountain lion researchers many times in links that have been posted, that little blood, if any, is left from a mountain lion kill, this link from the Mayo Clinic explains puncture wounds. They leave very little blood, if any, because puncture wounds close almost instantly. So for those who keep looking for blood as a requirement for a mountain lion to be the predator in this case, you can stop looking, IMO.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-puncture-wounds/basics/art-20056665

To me, that drop looks WAY steeper and further down than what Nate pointed out.

Oh right! I was thinking you watched the new video and spotted something!.....here is what I believe was said to be Vernal's truck (someone please correct if not):

Pz8b.png

I don't see a door handle at the rear hence extended/bonus cab?

My son has a truck like that. The little windows on each side is where the jump seats are. So yes, to me, it looks like it has an extended cab. The seats fold up against the side panel. The front seats fold forward to access the jump seats.

Mountain lions do not eat shoes. So where are the shoes. Plus what toddler wears boots at a campsite. Most toddlers can't run up hills with boots on.

It just seems odd that you put boots on the kid while he is running around. Now i know they were not steel toe boots. But come on. Did they pack any other footwear?

Now I don't know about that. When we were getting ready for our camping trip this summer, I specifically BOUGHT our grandson a pair of boots for that very trip. I'm not sure I understand your thoughts regarding the inappropriateness of boots for camping? We also brought other footwear for him with us, including Crocs and slippers, sneakers, etc LOL. We wanted to make sure we were well prepared!

Just wondering how easy you think it would be to find a rather small pair of camouflaged boots on the forest floor, in sagebrush, bushes, logs, trees, holes, etc?

Yes, that is much steeper than what I imagined.

Now I don't know about that. When we were getting ready for our camping trip this summer, I specifically BOUGHT our grandson a pair of boots for that very trip. I'm not sure I understand your thoughts regarding the inappropriateness of boots for camping? We also brought other footwear for him with us, including Crocs and slippers, sneakers, etc LOL. We wanted to make sure we were well prepared!

Football players don't wear boots on the grid iron. So why put boots on him at the campsite. Did he also have on a long sleeve shirt and pants to cover bug bites?

Please. It doesn't seem like the parents thought that far ahead for mosquito protection. Jmo.

Or did he just have boots and a diaper on while running around the wilderness.

Come on.

Just wondering how easy you think it would be to find a rather small pair of camouflaged boots on the forest floor, in sagebrush, bushes, logs, trees, holes, etc?

I would ask that question to the k9 unit. Since that's what they get paid for. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr