ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in agreement with the other posters that think a mountain lion was responsible for little Deorr's disappearance.

At first I thought he could be in the reservoir somewhere-but his little body surely would have surfaced by now.

The sheriff has just been so adamant about how many times and how thoroughly both bodies of water were searched. Yes, they still could have missed little DeOrr if he is stuck on something.

However, it still seems as though the most likely occurence is that a mountain lion was stalking DeOrr from close by and suddenly grabbed him as these photos depict:

http://anhtrvl.com/?p=143

And then what? Did the mountain lion carry DeOrr 4 miles away, outside the search zone? Or did it devour him completely, clothes and all, in the few minutes when no one was watching him?

The rock DeOrr was last seen by is new information, and I'm not sure how it fits it :gaah:

Before that, we understood that the last place DeOrr was seen was when his GGP saw him approaching an embankment (was the embankment next to the river? I was never clear on which embankment was meant), and then GGP assumed that DeOrr had gone over the embankment and found his parents. Do I have this right?

But this rock is right next to one of the picnic table in the middle of be campsite, and if a human or animal predator had approached DeOrr there it would definitely have been seen by GGP IMO. So I thought maybe the rock was the last place that DeOrr's *parents* ever saw him, when they left him with GGP?? But the GGP actually saw him after that, next to the embankment??

I think it's possible that the parents last saw Deorr by this rock. Maybe GGP as well??
I'm not sure that GGP saw him near or approaching the embankment, by what SB described.

SB: They went down to the creek which is right next to the campground, and within 10 to 15 minutes they go up to find their child to show him some fish in the stream and he’s nowhere to be found. Grandfather assumes he’s gone down to them because he was within their line of sight and uh, wasn’t too far from the campground.

SB: grandpa is watching the child. He tells me he looks away momentarily. When he looks back, he’s gone, and he’s assumed he’s gone over the bank.

Perhaps Deorr was playing by the rock, when GGP look away momentarily. (or went into the camper momentarily)?

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/11896472_10152908118261371_4510179006175420441_o.jpg

This flyer reads, "Pictures of DeOrr in the blue pajamas he had on and the camouflage coat he was wearing are shown below."

It doesn't say pajama bottoms. It says pajamas. Maybe he was wearing both the bottom and top of those pajamas? That would make more sense, although one might wonder why he was still in pajamas that late in the day. They were camping, though, so who knows.

Oh, good catch. I'll bet he was wearing a pajama set and not just bottoms. That makes far more sense. As for late in the day, maybe they just changed him to put him down for a nap. Do people usually do that, or do they just let their kids nap in whatever they're wearing at the time? I honestly don't even remember (and the sad part about that is that it really hasn't been that long since I was putting my kids down for naps, smh).

And then what? Did the mountain lion carry DeOrr 4 miles away, outside the search zone? Or did it devour him completely, clothes and all, in the few minutes when no one was watching him?
not to mention the Hot Wheels . . must have hurt going down and coming out the other end.

Oh, good catch. I'll bet he was wearing a pajama set and not just bottoms. That makes far more sense. As for late in the day, maybe they just changed him to put him down for a nap. Do people usually do that, or do they just let their kids nap in whatever they're wearing at the time? I honestly don't even remember (and the sad part about that is that it really hasn't been that long since I was putting my kids down for naps, smh).

With all the new posters and stuff around, I am hoping that someone who was at the convenience store remembers seeing Deorr very clearly and can fill in some of the blanks, like what he was wearing then, etc.

I never put my kiddos in pajamas for a nap, but I honestly have no idea what others do. I would assume he was still in pajamas from the night before, however they did take the trip into town, so it seems like they would have dressed him for that.... so, maybe they did put him back in pajamas to get ready for his nap... or maybe he really liked that pair of pajamas and since they were camping they just let him wear them all day, who knows... I certainly have no idea. All just speculation and MOO but I do think it's a real possibility that he was wearing the pajama top under the fleece jacket.

FWIW, in the 911 call Jessica gives a clothing description.

"He was wearing cowboy boots, a blue, like, pajama pants and a camel jacket. And he's got shaggy blond hair."

I assume camel jacket is a typo for a camo jacket although when I listen it does sound like camel. I think this is really all we've ever been given for a description of his clothing. So no updates after almost four months. I wish they would add white socks with blue stripes, or a huggies pull-up, or whatever else he was wearing, just in case a hiker came across an item of interest.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/07/17/deorr-kunz-missing-idaho-911-call

Good point... A clear, accurate list of every item he was wearing and everything he had in his pockets would be really useful.

We can only speculate, if he was abducted, by human or animal, he could have wondered away from the family a good long ways before it ever happened. Or he could have been carried away outside the search area before they realized he was missing and during their initial search.

If it was a mountain lion, I don't know why it would need to eat clothing and all. With their sharp teeth and claws I would think it would be no problem to rip / shred them off for the most part.

not to mention the Hot Wheels . . must have hurt going down and coming out the other end.

I don't know that a mountain lion would eat a Hot Wheels car by choice, I would think when he realized it was too hard to bite through he might spit it back out. Then again stranger things have happened.

FWIW, in the 911 call Jessica gives a clothing description.

"He was wearing cowboy boots, a blue, like, pajama pants and a camel jacket. And he's got shaggy blond hair."

I assume camel jacket is a typo for a camo jacket although when I listen it does sound like camel. I think this is really all we've ever been given for a description of his clothing. So no updates after almost four months. I wish they would add white socks with blue stripes, or a huggies pull-up, or whatever else he was wearing, just in case a hiker came across an item of interest.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/07/17/deorr-kunz-missing-idaho-911-call

Disposable diapers don't decompose/biodegrade. I guess the brand might no longer be visible, but if he was wearing a diaper, that would most likely be out there even if the other clothing has gone. But a diaper in the wilderness ... needle in a haystack. :( And would it even ring a warning bell if someone came across it or would they just assume that someone dumped it there?

speculation/opinion/conjecture only

How far could Deorr really have wandered away by himself, though? The terrain was pretty rough. And after hearing the description of how clingy he was towards his mother, I feel like he would have shouted back if he heard his parents calling him when they were searching for him.

How far could Deorr really have wandered away by himself, though? The terrain was pretty rough. And after hearing the description of how clingy he was towards his mother, I feel like he would have shouted back if he heard his parents calling him when they were searching for him.

Yes, agree!!!

BBM

I agree that DeOrr could have gotten outside the search area somehow. They searched around the campsite about an hour after he was discovered missing. We don't really know exactly how long he was missing before his parents searched, do we? It would take up to an hour for LE to arrive and get organized...or more? So we're talking over two hours for DeOrr to have moved away from the campsite, and perhaps continuing to move even while the LE search started. A lot of distance could be covered and a lot could have happened, even if nothing else intervened.

It did occur to me that he could have encountered someone who took it upon themselves to "rescue" him without notifying LE. I suppose there are people who would decide that a little boy wandering alone needed a new home. :( Twisted thinking, but that would actually be the best case scenario at this point. JMO

Recently on here someone found the link reporting that a 3-mile radius was searched. Has anyone heard of the family or other searchers going outside that perimeter?

I assume that since they (at least the family) have been searching the area on weekends that they have gone way beyond the 3 mile radius, and still found nothing. :(

Recently on here someone found the link reporting that a 3-mile radius was searched. Has anyone heard of the family or other searchers going outside that perimeter?

I assume that since they (at least the family) have been searching the area on weekends that they have gone way beyond the 3 mile radius, and still found nothing. :(

According to a link posted earlier, the family did search outside the official search area. I haven't seen anything stating that there were any official searches beyond that three-mile radius, however.

The sheriff said that the parents weren't allowed to join in with the official search, so they searched outside the official search zone instead. So they must have been searching beyond the 3 miles right at the start.

This will have to be a rumor because I have no link. I believe I heard or read the the sheriff and his deputys when they are off search for DeOrr.

I would guess they have dogs and know that whole area pretty well.

They knew who was where by cell phone pings so I have an idea they are also searching outside of that three mile zone.

MOO

We surely need a break in this case. Discussing Mountain Lions, cups and dirty diapers seems all we can come up with these days. Sigh.

<modsnip>

If you could ask DeOrr's parents some questions about the case, what would you ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot