ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably lucky for me that I went to bed early. It's just so hard for me to understand how believing these parents are responsible for little DeOrr's disappearance ISN'T thinking outside the box. IMO, there has been no indication from LE that it believes DK and JM have harmed their little boy, yet when lists of so-called "facts" are posted, they seem slanted toward the parents' guilt without any evidence to back them up. I might be wrong, but I think the majority of every day people out there don't believe the parents are guilty. I think most believe that little DeOrr is still up in the mountains, having lost his way, drowned, or was attacked by wildlife. With the Spring thaw, hopefully he will be found and his parents can finally bring him home. My friends who's son got lost during an oncoming blizzard in the Tochal Mountains in Teheran, was finally found (by his dad) the following April after the snow melted. My hope is the same will happen with DeOrr. As Webweaved has said . . . . The worse injustice is accusing innocent people. This holiday season I wish for peace and understanding for little DeOrr's family. It's just unbearable to imagine the pain of them being without him.

I can't believe we're going on six months without a trace of little DeOrr, no new information, no new clues, nothing. He really does seem to've simply vanished. I hope wherever you are, little man, that you know you're surrounded by love this holiday season.

The sheriff doesn't seem to think that there's anything to find at the campsite, though. But then again, iirc he said that his deputies were still going up and searching at weekends?? Arghh. So does he think DeOrr's remains are up there or not??
From Sheriff Bowerman's interview with Tricia, BBM:

12:50
SB: Exactly! We had…we’ve had a total of uh I believe 18 dogs in there and those dogs should have alerted, you know even after the fact, after the length of time that we’d been looking should alert should that child be in there, but my two scent dogs that were in there initially, they should have found that child. They really should have.

13:13
TG: And so are there any more plans to use those cadaver dogs or any search dogs at the moment?

13:17
SB: You know, I’m still getting calls from volunteers from all over the United States offering to come in with their dogs. I’m not sure at this point we’ve uh…We’ve covered every inch literally 20-30 times. You know, I’m not sure how productive that would be, so I’ve asked them to use their resources for something that is maybe a little bit more um…fresh as far as someone going missing. You know keep their resources close for their own uh…for their own cases and uh and I feel like we’ve done an adequate and a complete search.

The sheriff doesn't seem to think that there's anything to find at the campsite, though. But then again, iirc he said that his deputies were still going up and searching at weekends?? Arghh. So does he think DeOrr's remains are up there or not??

His comment that his two scent dogs "really should have" found DeOrr is puzzling. It just so happens that the search parameters, according to the deputy, should have found a "lost" child 90+% of the time. (I don't remember the exact percentage). IIRC, with a 2 1/2 mile parameter the child is found 70+% of the time and with a 3 mile parameter the child is found 90+% of the time. To me, SB's comment could simply be based on those statistics, and nothing more.

And what does SB mean when he stated . . . . "We've covered every inch literally 20-30 times."? We've become somewhat familiar with the forest and the forest floor since studying this case. Does anyone really think that every inch of the forest and forest floor was actually searched "completely and adequately" literally 20-30 times?

Yeah...confusing!!!

A 2.5 year old boy went missing in the forest on a camping trip .

Hundreds of adult searchers were unable to find him.

15,000 posts on Websleuths did not assist in finding him .

Shame on the people who did nothing , yet find fault with the people who did something.

Websleuths can be one of the best platforms to find missing children who are still out there somewhere. This is a rare privilege and we should treasure it.

Websleuths can inadvertently become some of the social media that the Sheriff calls deplorable. We should try our best not to be in that category

There has been a rare occasion when Police have acknowledged and thanked Websleuths members for their contributions . We should strive to make that the norm. It would be a fantastic situation if Police and searchers read the posts here and it bumped them into considering something they have missed.

It would be a tragedy if police labeled us as nutbar social media that should be ignored. I say that because most crime cases are solved when everyday people contribute the tiniest bits of information that help police find the culprit they are looking for . Police love the observant citizen. Let us be one of them. Let us help them find the missing 2.5 year old missing children .

Thank you.

At the end of the day IF he's up the mountain somewhere i wish they had doubled up and done a 6 mile radius cos if he's not in the 3 mile radius where is he.
Lets hope when the spring comes there's a massive search organized and he's found then i'm sure i along with the most of the other "Debi Doubters" will happily eat humble pie. IMO
Where are you lil man?.

Sending lots of love out there to little DeOrr, wherever he is.....I hope he is safe and sound.

I think one of two things happened

1. he fell in the water - babies his age sink silently

or

2. someone drove in and grabbed him.

A bit like William Tyrell which is looking more and more like someone drove in and grabbed him.

The lack of scent is deeply unusual and implies a vehicle, so option 2 is slightly more likely IMO.

If he is up on the mountain, I am so confused as to why the family didn't push and push for more and more searches all summer and fall. Instead it was all about how he must have been abducted - doing re-enactments, filming a documentary, plastering billboards, etc. I just don't understand this case at all - it's truly baffling to me. Hoping for an update from LE or the PI soon - anything that might shed some light on how this little boy disappeared without a trace.

But, We don't really know everything this family has done or where they have searched. I don't for a moment think they have made all their search attempts public.

It appears SM is utilized for communication although the problems it can cause is obviously massive. Interesting to note, I see a lot of families doing the same thing with their SM missing pages. I hope it's allowed to make this observation as I think sometimes we say nothing has happened but that may or may not be true...I don't think we really know for a fact what exactly is happening, we can just speculate.

IMO most likely a lot of what was done with baby Deoor ie what specific areas were searched or what is currently being planned, is not in the newspaper or revealed by LE. Other then the PI hire..that is the current info that is in the news. For all we know, people could be searching.

Even after 15 threads on WS we don't seem to have a current timeline. Not a criticism.I didn't do it either and I deeply regret it now. It seems that's highly unusual for a case like this that has captured so many on WS. All this is JMO.

But, We don't really know everything this family has done or where they have searched. I don't for a moment think they have made all their search attempts public.

It appears SM is utilized for communication although the problems it can cause is obviously massive. Interesting to note, I see a lot of families doing the same thing with their SM missing pages. I hope it's allowed to make this observation as I think sometimes we say nothing has happened but that may or may not be true...I don't think we really know for a fact what exactly is happening, we can just speculate.

IMO most likely a lot of what was done with baby Deoor ie what specific areas were searched or what is currently being planned, is not in the newspaper or revealed by LE. Other then the PI hire..that is the current info that is in the news. For all we know, people could be searching.

Even after 15 threads on WS we don't seem to have a current timeline. Not a criticism.I didn't do it either and I deeply regret it now. It seems that's highly unusual for a case like this that has captured so many on WS. All this is JMO.

My thoughts are that if the family had sought the public's help during the summer or fall, the same people who gladly and generously donated to the PI fund would have donated just the same to fund a large-scale intensive professional search that could have significantly increased the search radius. That wasn't something that the family pushed, which I don't understand (unless they sense that he is not on the mountain). I agree that not all search efforts have likely been public, but I think the public would be aware if large-scale searching well beyond the three mile radius had taken place (which is what would be needed to find a toddler in the wilderness - I'm not sure small-scale family searches would be especially effective, or even recommended, IMO). The sheriff dissuaded professional search teams from coming as well. I find it all very confusing. Still hoping for an update from LE or the new PI.

I think it would be "fairly" simple to make a timeline based strictly on what the sheriff has said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we talking timeline, as in an accounting of the movements and activities of DeOrr and the four adults on the day preceding and the day of his disappearance? Or, are we talking timeline, as in all of the events, searches, interviews, new releases, etc. that have occurred during the last 5 months that have to do with the case? Or maybe both? Just wondering...

Are we talking timeline, as in an accounting of the movements and activities of DeOrr and the four adults on the day preceding and the day of his disappearance? Or, are we talking timeline, as in all of the events, searches, interviews, new releases, etc. that have occurred during the last 5 months that have to do with the case? Or maybe both? Just wondering...

A full timeline would include both. That's why it would be such a massive job to create imo.

A full timeline would include both. That's why it would be such a massive job to create imo.

Yikes. That would be a lot at this point!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So there's a new PI on the case, and the silence is deafening. I wonder if that means anything, or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored