ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Body fluids, tissue (so sorry)...
Maybe finally DNA results from lab? But why would Klein be the one to release this, if he was the one that did? It's been 6 months, so there should be some results from FBI/Sheriff by now.

"This comes despite grim news from private investigator Philip Klein*who says he doesn't believed DeOrr is still alive.*We asked Klein*via Skype*if he has found any physical evidence of DeOrr's death."I cannot comment on that right now, I*will be up front and honest with the public and say there is forensic evidence," said Klein."

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/2016...ther-my-grandson-alive-and-find-him/79029498/
BBM

Just to be clear, "forensic evidence" can cover many kinds of evidence, not just physical, even phone records or computers or cameras.

http://www.nij.gov/topics/forensics/evidence/Pages/welcome.aspx

Its just all too confusing for me right now.

I hope they searched everyones houses for evidence. I would imagine they searched JM/DK's house and IR and GGP.

jmo

Ugh. Even when a case is looking grim, I try to envision a scenario where the missing child may somehow still be alive. And then we get news like this and it's just so damn sad.
It breaks my heart. Its amazing how no matter what case or child and even if I'm expecting the child to have passed it still breaks my heart when its confirmed.

But, wouldn't that be evidence that DeOrr Was at campsite?
Not necessarily. Would just mean that he was in the vehicle at some point. IIRC his belongings were still in the truck.

If the forensic evidence could mean other things I wonder if Klein is referring to the 911 calls or the time they were at the stage shop.

Curious

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I hope they searched everyones houses for evidence. I would imagine they searched JM/DK's house and IR and GGP.

jmo

No time to look up links, but I definitely read they searched the parent's home. I can't remember if IR and GGPA's homes were searched too.

Whatever came of this information provided by Jessica in the interview "I just, somebody at the store, um at Leador, said, it was one of the ladies that had worked at the store, said that they saw, um, a gentleman and a younger blonde boy matching our description of our son, really filthy, buying candy for him, and he was just bawling, in a black truck. That is the only other..." ?

I'm curious if there was another child in the area that somewhat fit DeOrr's description. . .

This case has always puzzled me. Someone might cover up a murder by making it look accidental but who covers up an accidental death? Still there are deaths that occur in closed cars that parents claim were accidental and sometimes they are ruled accidental; other times the parents face charges.

DeOrr's family slept in the truck that night. The cab of the pickup might have seemed the perfect place to leave DeOrr sleeping. What if the cab heated up the next morning and DeOrr was sleeping there? Could it be they were afraid they would be prosecuted?

No time to look up links, but I definitely read they searched the parent's home. I can't remember if IR and GGPA's homes were searched too.
Yes. They did search the parents' home. They also searched their vehicles more than once. I am not certain about IR and GGPA's homes.

This case has always puzzled me. Someone might cover up a murder by making it look accidental but who covers up an accidental death? Still there are deaths that occur in closed cars that parents claim were accidental and sometimes they are ruled accidental; other times the parents face charges.

DeOrr's family slept in the truck that night. The cab of the pickup might have seemed the perfect place to leave DeOrr sleeping. What if the cab heated up the next morning and DeOrr was sleeping there? Could it be they were afraid they would be prosecuted?

Speculation. Maybe one person was afraid of being prosecuted (accident or not) and was convincing and forceful enough the other person/people went along.

JMS

Klein said the suspicious black Jeep previously reported by people in Leadore and DeOrr’s mother, Jessica Mitchell, was unfounded.

“That was a farce, we know that for a fact,” Klein said.

~Snip~

Klein said he was also concerned that search dogs utilized shortly after the disappearance were never able to find a scent of DeOrr at the campground.

~Snip~

As we have tried to say clearly we are not going to say anything that could hurt the prosecutorial end of this case

http://www.postregister.com/article...1/18/investigator-believes-deorr-kunz-jr-dead

The first was a pretty bold statement from Klein because he included Jessica Mitchell. He didn't mince words. We know the definition of a farce.

I was concerned about the dogs not being able to find a scent, too.

He isn't leaving much to the imagination. He predicts (with his current knowledge of the investigation and more than educated guess) this case will end with charges down the road. Like he said, they know the how...they only need to figure out why.

I didn't expect to like this guy, but he does appear to be a straight shooter. He isn't coddling the family and he is not letting family pressure cloud his investigation. He is going where it takes him. Good job, Mr. Klein! No complaints from me.

?????....... is it because of his criminal background?

Hypothetically speaking, all 3 of the others with him that weekend were related to DeOrr. So *if* he is the one who knows something, he's got to be thinking "If he/she would kill their own son/grandson, what would stop him/her from killing me?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper