ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Lyn (Birch) Mitchell b. 1990 is DeOrr's mom.

<modsnip>

DeOrr's mom, Jessica Lyn Birch, was charged with Driving Without Privileges on 12/08/2015, and her case is still pending. She plead not guilty and there is a pretrial conference scheduled for 02/11/2016. It's interesting that it's under Birch and not Mitchell - is she still going by the name Birch?

ETA: The three sealed cases are <modsnip> not DeOrr's mom.

I think she never went through the process to get it legally changed back to her maiden name.

They didn't *need* public donations to hire a PI, they just weren't willing to use their own money for something they knew was fruitless. They could have found money to help find DeOrr, but chose not to. And chose to let the public give the money instead. But when it comes to protecting themselves, they are willing to use their own money. All just MOO.

Exactly! I highly doubt that Mr. Browning is working for free. He has a PayPal tab right at the bottom of his website. MOO.

They didn't *need* public donations to hire a PI, they just weren't willing to use their own money for something they knew was fruitless. They could have found money to help find DeOrr, but chose not to. And chose to let the public give the money instead. But when it comes to protecting themselves, they are willing to use their own money. All just MOO.

True dat. But JM had a $12k judgment against her just a few days before DeOrr went missing (according to the repository). I don't get the impression the have money. BUT, with the case going national lawyers might work for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hardest part I have with this is- you leave your curious 2 year old - at a rural campsite- with two people who have decreased mental stability? Accidental death or not- that's horrible parenting. I'm definitely interested in seeing what IR is going to say.

I looked at all the photos of deorr last night- on the aunt's fb page(so heartfelt & genuine)!- and it truly is heartbreaking. My son is 3 as well and I can't help to feel protective of a boy I don't even know.

I hope the mother starts singing about what really happened.. It's the least she could do at this point. They've had 6 months to figure out how this could all go...

Jessica Lyn (Birch) Mitchell b. 1990 is DeOrr's mom.

<modsnip>

DeOrr's mom, Jessica Lyn Birch, was charged with Driving Without Privileges on 12/08/2015, and her case is still pending. She plead not guilty and there is a pretrial conference scheduled for 02/11/2016. It's interesting that it's under Birch and not Mitchell - is she still going by the name Birch?

ETA: The three sealed cases are <modsnip> not DeOrr's mom.

Thanks! I think the way that website is set up is messy! I know that clerical errors happen in the courts too which makes things confusing.

Jessica Birch's case for driving without privileges has already had 3 judge changes and the last entry is the states's initial discovery disclosure for discovery and alibi defense on 12/18/2015...relating to driving without privileges? Sounds strange, I don't speak lawyer though.

She probably kept the last name Birch because her other children have that last name. It's pretty common for the mother to keep her ex-husband's father of her kids name so it doesn't confuse kids..at least until if and when she remarries.

I agree with the sensationalism but, sadly, this is the way we report news in the U.S. Just think back to last week with all of the news stories leading up to the blizzard on the East Coast. Those stories, too, had impending doom type music as a lead up. That's the way we do it here. 'Merica!

My husband is from Europe (that's where we met and lived for the first few years of our marriage). When he first visited the U.S., it was during the time of the Oklahoma federal building bombing and CNN had a lead up with scary music and "TERROR IN THE HEARTLAND" plastered across the screen. My husband was confused and asked me, "Is this a movie or the news?" Yeah, we've been "reporting" news like this a long time here.

This is totally selfish, but I actually don't mind the way 'Murica 'hams it up' It helps me detach from the reality of often horrific, gruesome and tragic news. Idk if I could handle some cases here at WS if it wasn't so.

I think her greatest fear was that she'd lose her older children in a custody battle if the truth was found out. That was her motivating factor to cover things….[ if that was what happened.]

But she doesn't have any custody of them. So how could she lose it?

I think she never went through the process to get it legally changed back to her maiden name.

That's kind of what I figured. She's been divorced from him (Birch) since 2012. The judgment against her on 07/06/2015 is under Mitchell, but it's a civil case. If she is charged with anything to do with DeOrr's case, I guess they will have to charge her as Jessica Birch as well, if that is still her legal name.

True dat. But JM had a $12k judgment against her just a few days before DeOrr went missing (according to the repository). I don't get the impression the have money. BUT, with the case going national lawyers might work for free.

I always found that judgment interesting...

I agree with your thoughts on lawyers. Publicity.

But she doesn't have any custody of them. So how could she lose it?

Maybe she had some pie in the sky dreams of regaining partial custody in the future? Or maybe she was concerned she would lose all visitation? (but I get what you're saying....)

I agree with the sensationalism but, sadly, this is the way we report news in the U.S. Just think back to last week with all of the news stories leading up to the blizzard on the East Coast. Those stories, too, had impending doom type music as a lead up. That's the way we do it here. 'Merica!

My husband is from Europe (that's where we met and lived for the first few years of our marriage). When he first visited the U.S., it was during the time of the Oklahoma federal building bombing and CNN had a lead up with scary music and "TERROR IN THE HEARTLAND" plastered across the screen. My husband was confused and asked me, "Is this a movie or the news?" Yeah, we've been "reporting" news like this a long time here.

Ah, that's good to know that it's not just DeOrr's case being treated like that :) I'm in the UK, and it's completely alien to me!

Exactly! I highly doubt that Mr. Browning is working for free. He has a PayPal tab right at the bottom of his website. MOO.

I'm glad to hear this..

DeOrr's grandmother says the family is no longer asking for money, but the website -- Miracles For Little Man -- will remain online.

Trina Clegg says someone else is running the website. Any future money that comes in will go toward other missing children's cases.
http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/crim...-parents-suspects-his-disappearance/79301014/

The hardest part I have with this is- you leave your curious 2 year old - at a rural campsite- with two people who have decreased mental stability? Accidental death or not- that's horrible parenting. I'm definitely interested in seeing what IR is going to say.

I looked at all the photos of deorr last night- on the aunt's fb page(so heartfelt & genuine)!- and it truly is heartbreaking. My son is 3 as well and I can't help to feel protective of a boy I don't even know.

I hope the mother starts singing about what really happened.. It's the least she could do at this point. They've had 6 months to figure out how this could all go...
IMO They never left their toddler with those two at the campsite, never happened.

Nate giving him free range in talking gave the FBI behavior analysit's a gift. His choice of topics/his choice of words! Bravo!!!

Oh my gosh, that's so true. I'm just a layperson and I was shocked by that interview. I am sure a speech analyzer's alarms must have been going off big time.

Who is "we"? The majority didn't give the parents a pass.

I did, but I guess when I hear LE say someone is SOLID, then I figured they're solid. I mean I can see why they would lie or keep that under their hat, if they didn't then they would have lawyered up a long time ago etc, so I see the reasoning on that one. I don't see the reasoning to say they are suspects when they aren't unless as someone stated previously that LE maybe got it wrong. I believe that if your innocent your stories dont consistently change, I mean seriously even if your doing some drugs in the woods..(And I could swear that one of Jessica's friends said she was not into drugs) But even if your doing drugs, your kid gets lost you still call LE and don't lie about it. People do stuff like that all the time, I had friends when I was younger that got drunk on a regular basis but would still take their kids to the ER if they were hurt, even if that meant driving drunk. NOT right but they did.
I just don't see a cover up unless there was evidence of injuries not equal or related to the accident. Abuse that was obvious. But that's my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck