ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He NEVER denied taking or hurting Deorr. That bothers me. If you have been accused of doing something like he has, you respond with "I did NOT hurt Deorr in anyway" or "I do not know what happened to Deorr".

This is pretty much the same thing...

REINWAND: I thought maybe he was abducted . I didn’t really know what to think.
EATON: But you had nothing to do with it?
REINWAND: Exactly.

When he said "People fear the unknown" - it's true. He did seem scary and creepy hiding behind the door in the first interview (or ambush, as some so rightly called it!), but now after watching that interview and hearing what he has to say, he doesn't seem scary at all. Maybe that was his lawyer's idea. Let people see that he has nothing to hide and he isn't scary or suspicious.

Also, I know that a lot was made about his criminal past in the media, but we don't know the circumstances of what actually happened so we can't really judge him for that without knowing the details.

All just :moo:

Lots of info! He verified DeOrr was there.
Also this strikes me . . .
EATON: Are Jessica (Mitchell) and DeOrr (Kunz Sr.) your friends? Did you know them before all this?
REINWAND: No I did not.
EATON: So you really only spent a couple of hours with them once you got up there?
REINWAND: More like a couple of days.

Watching him speak, it was clear to me that he is limited in his social awareness and intellect. I don't think he is together enough to think to deny it. I also think he would probably be really sketchy if he tried to pass off things that he had been coached on.
RSBM

That would seem to be the most likely. Whatever he blurts out-- it's probably the truth as he remembers it.
Although both he and grandpa are still poi's : www.idahostatejournal.com/members/s...cle_156ed875-b71c-57e6-b472-eea0258a890e.html
Out of the four suspects interviewed, Bowerman said Reinwand’s story has been the most consistent. However, all four are still considered persons of interest in the case, the sheriff said.

Makes me wonder if IR's interview is making anyone else 'shake in their boots' ?
From above link : "They were at the scene, so we won’t rule them out,” Bowerman said. “But in terms of persons of interest, I think mom and dad are higher on the list.”
The pressure may be mounting...

"..When his parents asked him if he wanted to go fishing or stay with Walton, DeOrr headed back toward his grandfather..."
Of course, who in their right minds would allow a TWO year old to walk back to hang out with g-pa ? Without bringing him themselves ?
From the link --- In the parent's own words -- "This was the last time the parents said they saw the boy..."

No one wants to see anyone truly innocent get hurt ; but the possible parent's role in this case stinks.
Thus far, I'm getting no 'hinky' feelings about IR.
MOO

When he said "People fear the unknown" - it's true. He did seem scary and creepy hiding behind the door in the first interview (or ambush, as some so rightly called it!), but now after watching that interview and hearing what he has to say, he doesn't seem scary at all. Maybe that was his lawyer's idea. Let people see that he has nothing to hide and he isn't scary or suspicious.

Also, I know that a lot was made about his criminal past in the media, but we don't know the circumstances of what actually happened so we can't really judge him for that without knowing the details.

All just :moo:
I'm the one who called it an ambush, and I stand by that opinion to this day. It was terribly unfair, and generated a lot of negative comments and opinions. If it were revealed tomorrow that he bears responsibility, I'd still feel the same.

JMO

So the big question if baby Deoor was at the campsite is answered. I sure appreciate knowing that. IR appears to be a simple man. He never said anything bad about anyone just wanted people to not accuse him for no reason and he seems aware that he looks "different". That actually makes me really sad. He also never said anything against or critical towards JM or DK Sr.. Contrary to the rumors and innuendo's I have read about here where he has possibly been used as a scape goat. I don't know if thats true but IR was not throwing stones at anyone in this interview. JMO.

Could he be working with LE? My guess would be to put pressure on JM and DK.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
RSBM

The timing of this interview is certainly interesting.
And it's my opinion the LE doesn't have to tell us, the public , every little snippet of information they have.
They seem to have been building this case almost from the start.
:moo:

Well, there have been a lot of accusations about IR recently, and even people suggesting violence towards him on SM... Maybe his lawyer thought this interview would help end the speculation?

I didn't know about the threats on Facebook (I assume?). I'm likely being unfair but given all the restrictions that are now in place since yesterday's announcements its a win/win for IR's lawyer.

He can now say he's allowed his client to do an interview knowing that he's so restricted in what can be said.

Actually I just remembered.....it could simply be a quick response to what Deorr Kunz Sr said yesterday?

I wonder if DK disposed of evidence while he was hauling down (?) the mountain searching for a signal to call 911?

This has been my suspicion since the beginning! That whole story sounded so concocted as to be unbelievable. Therein lies one of the timeframe inconsistencies.
IMO.

After watching that video, I feel disgusted at all the vile remarks that has been thrown at this poor bloke. Seriously what a flipping sin

If it is true that the parents know where he is, unless one confesses I doubt he will be located. Jmo

IR did not suspect the parents did anything amiss and thought the baby wandered away, was abducted or taken by a wolf. Therefore, he was not witness to the parents doing anything to the child or hauling him away to dispose of him and has no idea what happened to baby DeOrr.

For those questioning when IR arrived: it was on Thursday with GGP. If you recall, it was established where everyone slept (past tense) which had to be on Thursday night.

I think IR and his attorney thought this was the time to let people see and hear him since he has been the subject of so much speculation and the parents have finally been named suspects while SB says his story is the only one that has remained consistent from the start. The umbrella of suspicion hanging over his head has been lifted.

DeOrr Kunz Sr. Attorney speaks with KID in extended interview
January 26, 2016 Neal Larson Breaking, Featured, Regional News
IDAHO FALLS — Criminal defense attorney Allen Browning appeared on The Neal Larson Show after Lemhi Sheriff Lynn Bowerman named DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell as the main suspects in DeOrr Kunz Jr.’s disappearance last summer near Leadore. Browning is DeOrr Kunz Sr.’s attorney:

http://590kid.com/2016/01/26/deorr-kunz-sr-attorney-speaks-with-kid-in-extended-interview/

I'm just now listening to inverview.

I watched the interview with IR twice. I really doubt he had any involvement in little Deorrs disappearance. He simply went on a camping trip with his friend GPP, for a little relaxation and fishing. IR seems to be a bit of a loner, IMO, and I really don't believe he had much interaction with DK and JM. He just wanted to enjoy a couple of days away to do his own thing.

It isnt news that IR says Deorr was at the campground, he confirmed it when EIN went to his house way back when. I didn't hear anything in this new interview that was news, but i'm not surprised by that.

RSBM

Out of the four suspects interviewed, Bowerman said Reinwand’s story has been the most consistent. However, all four are still considered persons of interest in the case, the sheriff said.

At first I read a lot into that statement. But I was just thinking Reinwand is the only one with a lawyer. And so he is the least likely to be giving inconsistent statements. If the lawyer interviewed him and got his initial story then he could be reminded of his story and never be allowed to say anything other than that.

I didn't expect to learn a lot about the case because of current and future legal ramifications. I'm just glad I got to hear him talk in a setting he felt comfortable with. He appears to be a genuinely caring and honest person. His comment about not perceiving people a certain way because of how they look really got to me. I was bullied as a child and can feel where he's coming from.

I agree with you, he comes across as honest and sincere, imo. How sad that he's been treated that way just because he's a little different. What a cruel world we live in. I'm glad he did the interview and am kicking myself for ever suspecting him. I don't think I misread him, does anyone else?

Well, the only thing I personally got from the interview is that for sure the baby was indeed up there until he disappeared. I was already convinced of that from the sheriff's statements, but good to hear it from IR. Oh, also...he wasn't coached by the parents in any story concoction.
What else did you all take away from his interview?

REINWAND: Because of all the theories and everything that’s been going around it doesn’t feel like or seem like anybody knows what going on.

I still feel like I don't know what is going on. He was just a toddler and he could have drowned in the creek. Just because it was a creek doesn't mean there weren't some very deep spots. It was described as a fast-moving creek in one article. I'm thinking right now, DeOrr drowned and there was a cover up - FAST cover up. Somebody thought real quick (not IR) - we can say he just went missing and make money too. JMO! Bring on a Grand Jury - surely LE has enough evidence to present to a GJ and make a case for arrest if somebody doesn't come clean real quick-like. IR was left to be the scapegoat in this cover-up.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/isaac-reinwand-i-had-nothing-to-do-with-deorrs-disappearance/

The interview has been transcribed at this site! Thanks for posting! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member