ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell what is being said?? I have no sound until my computer guy gets here. Oops nevermind, as I was typing this, some folks posted. Thanks.

So all that was established is that the child WAS at the campsite until he wasn't????

So the little fella WAS at the campsite. Another piece fitted in to the jigsaw.

IR seems like a simple kind of lad, I don't mean that in a negative way, but it seems he has been thrust into a situation way outside the realms of his normal life. I kinda liked him.

Not to be mean in any way but he seems like you could coach him and after a bit he might believe it of his own.

Well, the only thing I personally got from the interview is that for sure the baby was indeed up there until he disappeared. I was already convinced of that from the sheriff's statements, but good to hear it from IR. Oh, also...he wasn't coached by the parents in any story concoction.
What else did you all take away from his interview?
Also he didn't point the finger at the parents. Not sure I would have the same restraint if I were in his shoes. Poor guy.

The bit about it all coming out in court and IR saying "exactly" is what got me. Nobody has even been arrested and now it's all going to come out in court?

I wouldn't read too much in that part, personally.

Guess what? I AM a good parent, of 5 kids, and I have NEVER lost it, if that's what you're implying. I'm sure most people know to separate themselves from a child in that situation but realistically, this does not always happen.

I didn't say accidentally lose it. I'll try to clarify for you. There have been countless children who were killed under their parents' or relative's or whomever who were killed while being abused. I really doubt most of them are saying Damn it, I can't hold back, I'll keep going til I kill them. Many children who have been killed at the hands of the abuse, well, their caretakers often don't call 911 until it's basically too late. Do I think the caretaker waited so that the child would die? No, I don't. I think they waited while hoping the child wasn't fatally hurt, and/or planning how to cover it up.

My comment was never pointed at your parenting and if you thought it was I apoligize [emoji111]️.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the only thing I personally got from the interview is that for sure the baby was indeed up there until he disappeared. I was already convinced of that from the sheriff's statements, but good to hear it from IR. Oh, also...he wasn't coached by the parents in any story concoction.

I'm sad he and GGP are apparently no longer friends. Maybe it's just the weather.

So the little fella WAS at the campsite. Another piece fitted in to the jigsaw.

IR seems like a simple kind of lad, I don't mean that in a negative way, but it seems he has been thrust into a situation way outside the realms of his normal life. I kinda liked him.
ITA. And he's handled the situation surprisingly well. He lawyered up while still assisting the investigation, kept quiet with the media till the time was right, stayed away from social media accusations, and remained positive through it all.

Also he didn't point the finger at the parents. Not sure I would have the same restraint if I were in his shoes. Poor guy.

He was surprised when they were named as suspects and had genuinely thought DeOrr got lost on the mountain or got abducted. So whatever covering up went on (if indeed there is a cover up) I get the impression IR was not party to any of it. But then why would he be, the parents hadn't met him before.

Wish we knew exactly what time IR says he saw DeOrr. Was it Thursday night or Friday morning?

Just catching up.

I have to say how surprised I am that IR has given an interview all of a sudden after over 6 months of nothing. And on first viewing there is very little in the interview (which would be highly restrictive anyway)

Hi everyone. I am a long-time lurker, though I don't comment often. I live in Jacksonville, FL, so the Lonzie Barton case has had me vexed for a while now.

DeOrr's story frustrated me so much, I sort of backed away from it for a while. Now I come back to check things out and things are definitely hopping on this particular thread. Can I just say the hype for that East Idaho news interview was way out of whack. The implication was that IR would be singing like a bird, but he wisely revealed very little. It is good to have a verification that DeOrr was seen at the campsite. What in the world happened to that poor child? :thinking:

ITA. And he's handled the situation surprisingly well. He lawyered up while still assisting the investigation, kept quiet with the media till the time was right, stayed away from social media accusations, and remained positive through it all.

I am very impressed with how IR has handled all this and admittedly, I thought initially he was the one to look at for Deorr's disappearance. At the VERY beginning....

Didn't also say something like he believed the investigation would come to an end either in one week, or one month? He doubts the parents were involved, so I wonder why he gave that timeline, and wonder why he (apparently?) thinks that Deorr just kinda walked away and got lost. After all the searching, I doubt that Little Deorr is suddenly going to be found up there in the near future.

This is a simple minded individual who was in the wrong place at the wrong time (or perhaps the right place at the right time if you are Jessica and DeOrr, Sr.). I kind of feel sorry for the guy. He is most definitely not lying. The eyes say it all.

I didn't expect to learn a lot about the case because of current and future legal ramifications. I'm just glad I got to hear him talk in a setting he felt comfortable with. He appears to be a genuinely caring and honest person. His comment about not perceiving people a certain way because of how they look really got to me. I was bullied as a child and can feel where he's coming from.

I am very impressed with how IR has handled all this and admittedly, I thought initially he was the one to look at for Deorr's disappearance. At the VERY beginning....

"At the VERY beginning..." exactly this! I'm sure that's what Jessica and DeOrr thought, too.

I actually think he's acted with dignity and class throughout the whole thing, unlike the parents...

After watching that interview, I don't think he had anything to do with DeOrr's disappearance. And I don't think he knows anything or is covering up for anyone.

Okay. Well, there goes a few theories. Baby DeOrr was at the campsite on Friday and disappeared from there. Still there remains the curious fact that the dogs could not pickup his scent. I guess this takes us all back to the small window of time between the return from Leadore and the first 911 call for him to go missing and then add the time from the 911 call to the arrival of LE to complete the disappearance. This is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours or more?

Vilt, Klein, SB, the FBI and ISP all think that the parents had something to do with baby DeOrr's disappearance. Only Vernal Kunz's dad, the real DeOrr Sr., thinks differently.

Why would the family decide to use the remaining and any future funds in the 'Find DeOrr bank' to help out with other missing kids when DeOrr has yet to be found?

I didn't expect to learn a lot about the case because of current and future legal ramifications. I'm just glad I got to hear him talk in a setting he felt comfortable with. He appears to be a genuinely caring and honest person. His comment about not perceiving people a certain way because of how they look really got to me. I was bullied as a child and can feel where he's coming from.

He appears to be a guy who understands what it feels like to be judged for being different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw