ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that Jessica's mother (GGPA's daughter) had asked them to accompany GGPA on the trip. I think Bowerman might have said that early on. Anyone else remember that?

I remember this being said, too, but I'm inclined to think it may have been a "social media rumor," perhaps something said by TC (or someone using her account). (solely my memory, no link to the post or anything).

I have always felt that one parent knows and one parent suspects what happened to the baby but doesnt know for sure. That would lead to deceptive polygraphs, imo. The FBI should have been called in much sooner and IMO, valuable time was lost. Local LE gave everyone involved at the campsite too much time to "think".

Quite frankly, who cares about how far the reservoir was from the campsite.. whether there were minnows or not and what was purchased at the convenience store????? How does that advance the case one step?

The relevant questions to me are:

Did anyone see the baby running around at the campsite

Did he return from the store?

What happened to the story that he was playing with his trucks in the dirt with GGP watching him?

Was there a drug run during the camping trip?

Did anyone see the truck on any of the highway cams and what time?

Why werent the FBI called in much much sooner?

(modsnip)

Anything i write is just my opinion.

This maybe the best circumstantial evidence yet.

"4 little blonde boys hiking in Palisades Campground Area"

Who goes hiking with 4 little boys in the first place?
Camping - YES
But hiking? - NO

And unless you are a car buff I dont think you would be able
to describe it as a "Rubicon".
Jeep - YES
Rubicon matching perfectly to witness - NO

New or Newer looking - YES
"Expensive looking" matching perfectly to witness - NO

So, why wouldn't you go hiking with 4 little boys? I've taken not only my own 2 but 2-4 other kids at a time. It's much easier to go on a loop trail or a 1-2 hour in and out than to do a whole overnight camping thing. Rubicons are quite distinctive looking, so that part doesn't bother me either. I don't think this is a set-up, more likely somebody trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

I never thought of that, but I have certainly noticed that they rarely use his name... Personally, I find all the "Lil man!" stuff nauseating.

Plus they never bothered to change the false information that he had blue eyes, and they never publicised his birthmark... They never sought out the national press, and they never bothered to arrange for billboards to be put up.

The name thing in general annoys me. His name is DeOrr Jay Kunz. He isn't a Jr at all. Vernal DeOrr Kunz isn't a Sr or a Jr, and HIS dad isn't a Sr, either. Do they not understand what Jr and Sr mean?

She probably thought she did call at 2:36 and thought it was important, at least to her at the time, to give the correct time. I don't think there's anything TO that eight minutes.

It makes me wonder who she actually DID call at 2:36.

Just for a moment, let's put two adults and a toddler in the back of a suburban to sleep for a night. Picture this scene...

Its chilly at night so we have a lot of blankets or sleeping bags, maybe foam to sleep on, stuffies (stuffed monkey, maybe others), diaper bag maybe, pillows... It's very cramped (especially with a wiggly toddler) but comfy cozy.

Now what if the toddler get tangled up and smothers? What if the toddler was smothered with intention and only one adult was behind it, fooling the other into thinking it was an accident, or worse, their fault - maybe for rolling over and pinning the toddler in some way. What if the toddler was given medicine to encourage sleep, for example cough syrup.

They wake up in the morning, likely very early since its light out and birds are chirping and maybe it's uncomfortable. Oh no! What to do now ... ? Get hauling to ditch the bedding and baby? Perhaps with a trip to the store as a cover? Then, on return, immediately structure a situation that would allow for the toddler to " wander off": Oh he's asleep in his seat, we can just leave the door open and go for a quick explore or see some minnows, or smoke some weed in the bushes, whatever. He'll "be good with GGP" right nearby after all.

This is just a what-if scenario that exists in my head, I'm not tied to it by any means. This allows for the toddler to "be seen" at "one point" at the campground, but not again after the trip to the store. Maybe that makes it impossible (IR) and maybe not (IR mistaken). Thoughts anyone?

Yes, you set the scene well with the comfy cozy but very cramped sleeping arrangements... Maybe DeOrr was fussy and would not settle, or he soiled the bed (potty training accidents seem to be a common cause of child homicides :() and someone lost their temper and hit him hard, or shook him and hit his head against the car door, or tried to shut him up by covering his face...

So, why wouldn't you go hiking with 4 little boys? I've taken not only my own 2 but 2-4 other kids at a time. It's much easier to go on a loop trail or a 1-2 hour in and out than to do a whole overnight camping thing. Rubicons are quite distinctive looking, so that part doesn't bother me either. I don't think this is a set-up, more likely somebody trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

They're distinctive looking and say R U B I C O N across the doors lol. At least the ones I've seen!

I remember this being said, too, but I'm inclined to think it may have been a "social media rumor," perhaps something said by TC (or someone using her account). (solely my memory, no link to the post or anything).

Yes... And the person using that account said quite a few things that conveniently backed up the parents' story.... She said she knew for certain DeOrr was at the campsite, because she personally threw his dirty diaper away after he disappeared, for example. It may well all be true, but personally I'm taking it all with a large pinch of salt.

Here's what has been popping into my mind since yesterday: of what benefit, and to whom, is it to hide information?

Ultimately, that's the question we need answered.

Yes... And the person using that account said quite a few things that conveniently backed up the parents' story.... She said she knew for certain DeOrr was at the campsite, because she personally threw his dirty diaper away after he disappeared, for example. It may well all be true, but personally I'm taking it all with a large pinch of salt.

Why is there any doubt about who was posting under TC's FB account? I've seen that mentioned before. If it wasn't TC, don't you think she would have made sure everyone knew it was a fake account?

I was under the impression that Jessica's mother (GGPA's daughter) had asked them to accompany GGPA on the trip. I think Bowerman might have said that early on. Anyone else remember that?

I thought Jessica was regularly GGP's caretaker, like a home health aid basically. Was that not correct?

Link to where we discussed it... She also said the LE had told the family to stay away from the media, and that ggp was on oxygen, she explained about an emt bag being stolen, and told us that the campers arrived late thursday night, not Friday as we'd all thought before that...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Timber-Creek-Campground-10-July-2015-5/page41

If DK was going into bear's dens looking for clues, I rather suspect we can guarantee that's not where DeOrr is.

I wonder:

1) If LE knew of the parents' whereabouts every moment for those supposed 10 days.

2) Where my brain went with that info was that maybe he was moving Little DeOrr further away? Opinion only.....

I wonder if we'll hear anything from the Sheriff in Bonneville County (Paul J. Wilde I believe)?

It would help to fill in a lot of details from the Idaho Falls side. The most basic question that SB wasn't very sure of was what time they left Idaho Falls stating early afternoon or evening in the latest True Crime Radio interview. Obviously, if they left early afternoon then that leaves a lot of time between then and ~9:30PM arrival.

Why is there any doubt about who was posting under TC's FB account? I've seen that mentioned before. If it wasn't TC, don't you think she would have made sure everyone knew it was a fake account?

Personally I don't think it was a fake account at all, and Bessie at the time said she personally thought it was really the grandmother too, and so she let us discuss in . But I was thinking, it's possible one of the suspects used her account to try and clear themselves. She wouldn't have turned them in when she found out, I'm sure. And even if it was really her, she has every reason to be protective of her family, so I'm still going to take everything she said with a large pinch of salt...

It makes me wonder who she actually DID call at 2:36.

What would make you think she DID call anyone at 2:36? Maybe she called her mom, Vernal's dad, any number of people. Why would a call at 2:36 or any time be suspicious?

I just don't think DeOrr wandered off. I hope that is the case here instead of something purposeful happening.
I have been upset about this since the timeline was wrong for over a month.
Made me wonder how long it was before LE got a true answer. Possibly weeks considering these parents keep changing their stories.
jmo

(modsnip)

Right!!! Like for a moment I was thinking maybe he didn't but if its just those two questions they failed then how is that not a possibility?
Maybe they did lie about some things like I stated before because they stayed up drinking or something but why does it absolutely have to be that they hurt him. And it has been that way from day one even when they were only poi oh but you dare bring up another poi and your told he is just a poi and how unfair it is but it sure wasn't for the parents all this time. I get it. And and I get exactly what you've been trying to say about that.

Right!!! Like for a moment I was thinking maybe he didn't but if its just those two questions they failed then how is that not a possibility?
Maybe they did lie about some things like I stated before because they stayed up drinking or something but why does it absolutely have to be that they hurt him. And it has been that way from day one even when they were only poi oh but you dare bring up another poi and your told he is just a poi and how unfair it is but it sure wasn't for the parents all this time. I get it. And and I get exactly what you've been trying to say about that.

Well, the two questions they were less than truthful about weren't about what they were doing. They were; do you know what happened to DeOrr and do you know where DeOrr is. Those are pretty telling questions to not be truthful about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc