ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to be one of the parents who took the extra poly. According to SB (perhaps in his interview with Tricia?), each of the parents had taken 4, for a total of 8. Now Klein makes it a total of 9 between the two of them. Since Vernal now has a lawyer, I'm guessing he's the one who is 'assisting the police with their inquiries".

I see what you are saying.
It would be really good news if 1 of them has decided to come clean and it makes a lot of sense that LE would want to submit them to a final lie detector test because they knew they were not truthful to begin with.

Lets hope this is true and LE can finally get to the bottom of what happened. If 1 is willing to testify to the truth then we should expect to see movement by LE very soon.

I see what you are saying.
It would be really good news if 1 of them has decided to come clean and it makes a lot of sense that LE would want to submit them to a final lie detector test because they knew they were not truthful to begin with.

Lets hope this is true and LE can finally get to the bottom of what happened. If 1 is willing to testify to the truth then we should expect to see movement by LE very soon.

JMO but it's probably just more lies... Do these people even know how to tell the truth?!

<modsnip>

And now back to the discussion. Since everything that morning seems to be made up, it makes sense now why IR stated during the interview when asked about Deorr "What did grandpa say?" Soin light of what we have heard today it makes me think he just wanted to go along with whatever gpa told him to say.

"what did grandpa say?".............that phrase, and the way he said it, always seemed to mean more than just those four words, to me.

They might have burned stuff elsewhere. In another County, even. Hence the dogs not hitting on it. Or they might not have burned a body, but may have burned the clothing they were wearing when whatever happened happened.

Does anyone know if there are showers at the campsite? I'm guessing not... I wonder if they went and showered somewhere that day, between 8 and the 911 call. Witnesses may have seen them there.

No showers, there isn't even drinkable water. Water had to be brought in. So, if there was a fire, they would have to bring extra water to put it out. Plus, in Idaho forests, fire danger is always a concern, and a large black fire would likely have been noticed, IMO.
I think it's already been said that VDK's truck could have used diesel.

No showers, there isn't even drinkable water. Water had to be brought in. So, if there was a fire, they would have to bring extra water to put it out. Plus, in Idaho forests, fire danger is always a concern, and a large black fire would likely have been noticed, IMO.
I think it's already been said that VDK's truck could have used diesel.

If VDK's truck used diesel and the diesel they bought was put in a can (I don't know that it was) I wouldn't find that suspicious. We always carried extra diesel in cans in the back of our diesel truck when we were RVing. Cheap insurance if there's none available. I don't think they burned up little DeOrr's body, although anything is possible at this point! JMO

Here's a page I've never seen before published July 26, 2015 when Twin Falls County helped in the search efforts: http://www.thesourcepublishing.com/missing-persons-idaho-deorr-kunz-jr/ Scroll down until you see the story about Twin Falls County - there are 8 associated pictures (click on the image to forward to the next one).

One of these pictures finally answers a question I had: how do you get from the main road, across the creek to the road that is on the west side of the camp ground, that ends at the reservoir. I bet that bridge shown in one of the pics crosses the creek to that road.

If VDK's truck used diesel and the diesel they bought was put in a can (I don't know that it was) I wouldn't find that suspicious. We always carried extra diesel in cans in the back of our diesel truck when we were RVing. Cheap insurance if there's none available. I don't think they burned up little DeOrr's body, although anything is possible at this point! JMO

There really would be no need to do that if he filled the trucks fuel tank in Idaho Falls. 30 US gallon tank if a Dodge Ram would give >400 mile range being conservative.

Of course if whatever happened started in IF then I agree anything is possible.

They might have burned stuff elsewhere. In another County, even. Hence the dogs not hitting on it. Or they might not have burned a body, but may have burned the clothing they were wearing when whatever happened happened.

Does anyone know if there are showers at the campsite? I'm guessing not... I wonder if they went and showered somewhere that day, between 8 and the 911 call. Witnesses may have seen them there.

Maybe they went to the creek and washed off instead of looking for fish/minnows.

Oh your not alone. I'm super suspicious. I'm not even going to bring up how I feel about when he was asked if he wanted DeOrr found. Idc what anyone says he looked down...he smiled and it was more weird to me then any thing I've seen the parents say in interviews. And I will leave it at that since he's still just a poi and lord knows I could be wrong. But .IR rubbed me wrong.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I don't think smiles always mean anything. Whitney Heichel's husband Clint smiled nervously during a press conference when he talked about Whitney and he was immediately suspected by social media. A neighbor killed her.

I'll be very surprised if IR has any responsibility here. JMO

<modsnip>

And now back to the discussion. Since everything that morning seems to be made up, it makes sense now why IR stated during the interview when asked about Deorr "What did grandpa say?" So In light of what we have heard today it makes me think he just wanted to go along with whatever gpa told him to say.
BBM

I think IR may feel he has a lot to lose if he doesn't go along with GGPA...his friendship with GGPA and perhaps his freedom if anyone threatened to blame him if he didn't tell the right story.

It still interests me that IR wasn't brought into the narrative by the parents in that first interview. Now Klein is throwing shade on him and he's never talked to Klein. It seems odd to me that Klein is doing that.
JMO, MOO

Q: Sorry if this has been asked. When was the last time someone OTHER than Reinwand, Walton, Mitchell and Kunz saw DeOrr?
2 hrs
C: Yeah, and not vague "well, there might have been a child in store" sightings... When was the last time someone definitely saw him in Idaho Falls? The extended family have never said when they last saw him. And did he seem healthy and happy the last time he was seen?
2 hrs
KIC: There are none.

What could this possibly mean?????

Been meaning to post this for weeks, but other subjects would come up, and my take wasn't relevant to the discussion. But since we're back on "diesel fuel" I wanted to note that I drive one of the ill-fated 2015 VW Passats. Ill-fated because it's a diesel engine.
I never say, I need "to get diesel." I say, "I need gas."
And yes, I can go for 500-700 miles on a tank. Wouldn't most ppl going somewhere for an extended weekend fill their vehicle before leaving town?
All jmo, of course.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I don't think smiles always mean anything. Whitney Heichel's husband Clint smiled nervously during a press conference when he talked about Whitney and he was immediately suspected by social media. A neighbor killed her.

I'll be very surprised if IR has any responsibility here. JMO

BBM

I think IR may feel he has a lot to lose if he doesn't go along with GGPA...his friendship with GGPA and perhaps his freedom if anyone threatened to blame him if he didn't tell the right story.

It still interests me that IR wasn't brought into the narrative by the parents in that first interview. Now Klein is throwing shade on him and he's never talked to Klein. It seems odd to me that Klein is doing that.
JMO, MOO

BBM - IMO Klein is a bit arrogant and a bully. His "throwing shade" on IR could be a lame, passive aggressive play to get IR to talk. I get the feeling that he is pretty frustrated by the fact that IR's lawyer has not allowed IR to be interviewed by him and his team, in a "how dare them" kind of way.

Yeah, but you definitely wouldn't dispose of it anywhere near a campsite and then call 911 to say your kid had gone missing from the campsite. If they planned it in advance then imo he's nowhere near Leadore or the mountain or the campsite. He could be anywhere.

It would make more sense for them to dispose of the body hundreds of miles away from Idaho Falls and then claim he'd gone missing from Idaho Falls.

I respectfully disagree with this. In a bigger city such as Idaho falls there are too many eyes and cameras. No neighbors, store cameras, road cameras etc the further out in the boonies you are. So I would say the campground was a good area to say he went missing from, and I would then say a similar area is where he was disposed of if that is what they did. No cameras, no traffic, no neighbors, no people .

My heart goes out to all the extended family and friends who love this little guy and must be beyond devastated. To think all this was being kept from them, too.

Gosh....all the people involved for so much time, the resources and equipment used.

Could V. have disappeared him on one of his long truck drives for work?

Been meaning to post this for weeks, but other subjects would come up, and my take wasn't relevant to the discussion. But since we're back on "diesel fuel" I wanted to note that I drive one of the ill-fated 2015 VW Passats. Ill-fated because it's a diesel engine.
And yes, I can go for 500-700 miles on a tank. Wouldn't most ppl going somewhere for an extended weekend fill their vehicle before leaving town?
All jmo, of course.

My husband has worked around the trucking/logistics industry for many years. He always makes a distinction between going to get diesel vs. going to get gas. I'll say, hey did you get gas in the truck? and he says no, I got diesel. It seems pretty common among people that are into trucks to make that distinction. IMO

I took any comments that were made in the interviews about them stopping for diesel to mean they filled their truck with fuel. Honestly, I can't understand why people think there is something nefarious about them stopping for diesel. That's just my opinion and I'm not being critical of anybody.

Where did all this talk of burning and fires come from this afternoon? Is it just because of Klein's "No Comment" on the "Was it considered that they could have burned baby DeOrr?" question? Or did I miss something?

IMO that question was in such poor taste, that I don't blame Klein for responding the way he did. Along the lines of "I'm not going to even grace that question with a response."

If JM and VK were at the restaurant and bar in Leadore on the evening of 9th July, as Klein says, then would those whom remained at the campsite have had DK stay overnight perhaps - in order to give the parents a night off? IMO that would be a reasonable consideration.

All jmo, of course.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

My husband owns a diesel truck and he buys -diesel-. If I'm driving it, I'm buying -fuel-. We both put -gas- in the Expedition. So I'd say answers are going to vary a lot depending on who you ask.

BBM - IMO Klein is a bit arrogant and a bully. His "throwing shade" on IR could be a lame, passive aggressive play to get IR to talk. I get the feeling that he is pretty frustrated by the fact that IR refuses to be interviewed by him and his team, in a "how dare him" kind of way.

Agreed. I'm taking anything said about IR from Klein with a grain of salt, especially since last I knew, SB was still stating IR was consistent with his story. Maybe things have changed in the past week, but I can't imagine LE/FBI giving Klein any evidence in the case. He's already said quite a bit in interviews/sm that I don't LE would be overly thrilled about him sharing.

Has carbon monoxide poisoning been brought up? If they slept the first night in the truck it might have happened. Of course that goes back to the why cover up an accident question...

This blew my mind too. I think he probably was just answering the question about "there might have been a child in store sighting".

Q: Sorry if this has been asked. When was the last time someone OTHER than Reinwand, Walton, Mitchell and Kunz saw DeOrr?
2 hrs
C: Yeah, and not vague "well, there might have been a child in store" sightings... When was the last time someone definitely saw him in Idaho Falls? The extended family have never said when they last saw him. And did he seem healthy and happy the last time he was seen?
2 hrs
KIC: There are none.

I just hope consistent in IR's story doesn't mean a memorized recitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay