ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see someone lurking around a campground looking for a 2-year-old to adopt, love, and care for. If someone took Deorr, it's more likely to be a sexual predator IMO.
Totally agree. I was quoting the other post which was, imo, what the parents are thinking. Why the parents of the missing children posted, always think it's kidnapping.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I have serious concerns about this case. :(

1. NO signs that he fell or was near the creek, NO footprints, NO missing boots, NO items of clothing, NO toy...nothing. NOT even a single item or print!

2. NO signs that he was abducted. The family was the ONLY people at the campsite in a place with ONE road access there and ONE road out. No cars were heard or screams or ANYONE seen at the campsite.

3. NO signs that he was attacked by a wild animal. NO signs he was dragged, NO blood, NO prints. Nothing.

4. NO signs that he was indeed at the campsite. Does anyone place Deorr at the campsite besides family? PLEASE, I am NOT blaming or pointing fingers, I would like to know if there are ANY witnesses who saw Deorr at the campsite.

This is heartbreaking...I cannot even eat properly....:(

And this is where I would love to hear the Sheriff's best guess as to what HE feels has happened to little DeOrr.

Yeah, we had a two year old that was three miles away in under eight hours. Luckily she popped up on a road because we never would have gone that far based on her age. Change out practices in a hurry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thank you for this post. Does "Change out practices in a hurry" mean S&R are changing their parameters?

And this is where I would love to hear the Sheriff's best guess as to what HE feels has happened to little DeOrr.

Do NOT hold your breath. I don't believe LE deals in speculation, although it would be nice to hear some of their theories.

The thing with this area is that it has a small town feel. People sometimes put relationship before "business". I am not saying this is the case at all, but where we are coming up empty on everything else I think the investigation should branch out in other directions.

This is not all that uncommon. Live find dogs will take you on the live scent. If something like that happens they are not trained to switch scents. It is not a failure on their part but on the humans. We need to then look around and figure out why our dog suddenly loses the scent mid trail when they had been going strong. Then you either search with people or bring in hrd dogs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much. Great to have you here to help everyone understand the dogs. In my other post; there was a 12yr old girl (Autumn Pasquale local to me) on a bicycle that was tracked with a blood hound I believe day 3 or 4. The dog found her in a recycling bucket. I feel there are dogs/handlers that are better then others. I don't know if the guy used for Autumn is available or would be able to pick up scent this far in. My heart breaks because I think he went down the hill into the creek and was quickly swept away.

I said the sheriff may know them, not that he did for sure.

I hear what you're saying! The other post I referenced reading, on FB, declared that he does know the family and suggested, therefor, that he is definitely biased. I don't think it's a connection that should be dismissed, if it exists, but it also shouldn't be assumed that it would be a negative if he did have a connection to the family (as the FB post would suggest).

I know Twin Falls is lending the drone that they are supposed to use today. I wonder if they are using any other TF resources?

I'd like to know how many & what type of dogs were brought in. There are many different types, not all good for every situation. Take Chris Sexton; unfortunately his thread is removed, dogs picked up his scent in a parking lot like he got into a car. They also went on both sides of the street as well as the trail through the woods. Here is the thing, Chris had been drinking, got into a fight; at some point he must have lost his shoe (was not found).. They think he walked through the woods at night with one shoe, fell on a vine, passed out or whatever. No COD. Dogs were searching within 10-15 feet.
Was crazy! A home owner smelled the decomp. Family had also searched many, many times as he always walked through the woods. Pretty sure they also brought Chris's dog out. Either the dogs & everyone missed him (Oct/Nov) or someone moved him.

As for Dr Teleka Patrick, they think she stumbled down a hill into the water, dogs did not track her scent
This just made me think if something- does little DeOrr have a dog at home? A family pet? If so, it might be worth bringing the animal to the campsite and watching to see where it goes or how it reacts. Food for thought...
Without being specific "who" would it be pointing to?
I'm not pointing towards the parents.
Simply said, I do believe the sheriff when he says he does not believe there was an abduction.
I don't think all media outlets get every statement wrong.
When he said "not at this time" (my remembrance of his words) it seemed he might be searching for answers far away from the campground.
jmo

BBM But we don't really know if he was with G-GP at the time DeOrr disappeared - do we?! I have only heard the comment that the child was left by the campfire with G-GP, I've never heard a specific reference to where G-GP's friend was at that time. What if the friend took off on a hike and DeOrr chased after him. That could take the trail an entirely different way for the searchers. Or have we been given that information about the friend and I missed it?

All we have been told is that the dogs were led in the wrong direction by cremains that were dumped during the search.
As far as little Deorr having become stuck in any hole including a mine vent, wouldn't the dogs have followed that scent while working the woods?
According to LE several types of specialized dogs were used. Helicopters using FLIR and many other search techniques were used. To the point the sheriff no longer believes the child is there. He said they tore that country up.
I hope you guys are right in many ways, but I want to keep the hope that Deorr is still alive, however slim.
If he's stuck in a hole, under a rock, etc. then he is surely deceased.:(
jmho

I think it's also a big fear many parents have so when something does happen that's where their mind goes, and then it works because it helps protect them from facing the really awful stuff.

From what I have read, I think the basis of it is this:
- The child/individual disappears very quickly
- After days of searching, using dogs, technology and hundreds of LE and volunteers, neither he now articles of clothing are found in the area
- At this point, parents thoughts go to - "well, if you can't find him here, then he must not be here"
- The next logical progression is - "if he isn't here, then someone took him away… he's been stolen or kidnapped."

IMO it would be very rare that a child would be kidnapped by a person under such a scenario - unless that person just happened to be there at the right time, and statistically the chance of that occurring would be off the charts.

However, I have read that one way to take someone away without anyone finding much or a trail is to walk in a stream - the water and current would obscure any tracks. However, I am not sure if the water would obscure scent. This is a theory of how Sasquatch/Bigfoot can quickly get away - they are large enough to easily walk through such a stream.

I am just relating what I have read; as far as I am concerned, I don't know what to believe, but I am intrigued by these theories. My late husband had seen Sasquatch-type creatures twice while working as a logger and road-builder in Northern Alberta and British Columbia. He had no reason to lie to me about it. He was Woods Cree from Northern Alberta, and his people have seen and accepted the existence of Sasquatch for many centuries.

I am not saying this is what happened to Deorr - but right now, his disappearance fits a pattern of disappearances. This may change if they ultimately find out humans were involved in his disappearance or find his body in the stream or reservoir. Until then, I will believe (1) he drowned in water; (2) fell down a mineshaft/hole; and (3) he fits into those "mysterious" disappearances that could be the result of something unknown taking him. His blonde hair could have been an attraction for something.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I'd like to know how many & what type of dogs were brought in. There are many different types, not all good for every situation. Take Chris Sexton; unfortunately his thread is removed, dogs picked up his scent in a parking lot like he got into a car. They also went on both sides of the street as well as the trail through the woods. Here is the thing, Chris had been drinking, got into a fight; at some point he must have lost his shoe (was not found).. They think he walked through the woods at night with one shoe, fell on a vine, passed out or whatever. No COD. Dogs were searching within 10-15 feet.
Was crazy! A home owner smelled the decomp. Family had also searched many, many times as he always walked through the woods. Pretty sure they also brought Chris's dog out. Either the dogs & everyone missed him (Oct/Nov) or someone moved him.

As for Dr Teleka Patrick, they think she stumbled down a hill into the water, dogs did not track her scent

I have seen a few articles/pics of the search and at least some of the dogs appear to be German Shepherds.
http://www.ktvb.com/picture-gallery...7/15/search-resumes-for-missing-boy/30209465/

Hi everyone! I'm a new user that landed here because I'm from Idaho and this kiddo's disappearance has just drawn me in. The discussion and insight shared here is way better than all of the speculation and innuendo on local FB profiles!

IIRC, it was mentioned here but it caused a huge flurry of activity on the local sites - a guy from Wyoming claimed he could help with the investigation. In a new article, the sheriff's office says that they are aware of the post but won't comment on whether they are investigating it.

Link to a post about the strange comments:https://www.facebook.com/idahomissi...5389163232318/701169499987616/?type=1&theater

Story addressing the comments:http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_462fa72e-3039-11e5-a81d-9b5deb717c34.html

Welcome aboard! :) I know FB chatter usually borders on the ridiculous, but I did find out in the Noah Thomas case, that the locals weren't just gossiping - they actually knew what was going on. We can't discuss rumors here, so its a moot point, but sometimes there is some truth in what the locals are talking about IMO.

O/T - I'm so jealous of new poster Steve_Stockton. Second post and he already knows how to quote multiple posts LOL. Every time I try that, I mess it up.

I have serious concerns about this case. :(

1. NO signs that he fell or was near the creek, NO footprints, NO missing boots, NO items of clothing, NO toy...nothing. NOT even a single item or print!

2. NO signs that he was abducted. The family was the ONLY people at the campsite in a place with ONE road access there and ONE road out. No cars were heard or screams or ANYONE seen at the campsite.

3. NO signs that he was attacked by a wild animal. NO signs he was dragged, NO blood, NO prints. Nothing.

4. NO signs that he was indeed at the campsite. Does anyone place Deorr at the campsite besides family? PLEASE, I am NOT blaming or pointing fingers, I would like to know if there are ANY witnesses who saw Deorr at the campsite.

This is heartbreaking...I cannot even eat properly....:(
SABBM

Since LE has cleared the entire party of people who were there when DeOrr went missing I am assuming that LE :

Checked out the store clerks' story and that the clerk was reliable in his/her testimony.
Checked out the video footage at the store/gas/convenience and saw for their own eyes that DeOrr was IN THE STORE WITH DAD OR GREAT-GRANDPA.
Checked out that the parents had clothing and food packed at the campsite for their son.( Some two year-olds like a few special items of food or snacks that are child-specific ) By clothing I mean jammies, extra clothes for when the toddler might get wet/muddy , maybe overnight undies like "Pull-Ups" , and other clothes the size of a two year-old child .
Checked out and interviewed other family members, friends, or neighbors -- who could vouch for the parents that they did indeed see DeOrr with them when they left to go camping.
Checked out and interviewed the great grandpa and the friend.

By the nature of their occupation, LE is ten times more suspicious than most of us ; so we can rest assured that they've gone down every trail of this sad case. If they've cleared everyone who went camping with DeOrr ; then the family obviously knows nothing and can be of no further assistance.

So then we are left with : Accident/drowning , animal attack, wandered away and fell into a mine shaft, abduction.

Several posts back, someone stated that it was not drowning, since the creek is too shallow and evidence of DeOrr like clothing or DeOrr himself would be immediately visible. So drowning is ruled out.

As far as animal attack, there wouldn't necessarily be blood evidence, since I'm assuming a bear or wolf or cougar would grab and run off with him. The animal isn't going to sit and attack him right there with people around. (sorry so graphic)
I am assuming LE talked to the great grandpa and know that if DeOrr was snatched by a wild animal--it didn't happen where gg could see or hear it ; and that LE has spoken to gg and friend and are satisfied with their account.

I respect LE and have faith in them to cover every aspect imaginable concerning the people who were last seen with this child.

Since LE has cleared the family, and have ruled out abduction ; I am leaning toward other possibilities.

It was mentioned upthread about the disappearances in parks covered by David Pallides (sp?). Btw, I don't think it was aliens. Just that the disappearances recorded and documented in his books are strange, to say the least.

I have my own theories about DeOrr, but will keep them to myself as I'm probably way off track. I hope he is found soon, the longer this goes the more likely he will never be found. :(

:moo:

Thanks, Steve Stockton!...:tyou:

And.... :welcome: to Websleuths!
Thanks for the welcome! And for those wanting to hear the Coast to Coast AM show with David Paulides from July 20th:

[video=youtu;KoMXJfJMQyU]https://youtu.be/KoMXJfJMQyU[/video]

Edit: url may not work correctly, see below! :)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I can't see someone lurking around a campground looking for a 2-year-old to adopt, love, and care for. If someone took Deorr, it's more likely to be a sexual predator IMO.

Your comment just made me consider another possibility. What if someone at the store followed (or arranged for someone to follow) the Dad and DeOrr back to the campsite. The intent may have been nefarious or it might have been someone who thought they were protecting the boy because they were concerned about the welfare of the child. Even someone with good, but misguided, intentions wouldn't come forward because they don't want to be charged with kidnapping. jmho

Welcome aboard! :) I know FB chatter usually borders on the ridiculous, but I did find out in the Noah Thomas case, that the locals weren't just gossiping - they actually knew what was going on. We can't discuss rumors here, so its a moot point, but sometimes there is some truth in what the locals are talking about IMO.

Thanks for the welcome! I keep scouring the local stuff hoping to find something useful but 99% of it is just cruel speculation by outsiders. It seems as though those who are close to the case are keeping things pretty locked down. Initially some of the family members were responding or offering snippets of info but I haven't seen anything from them in quite some time. It doesn't even seem like friends or friends of friends or anyone else who would have any insider info are talking about it, at least on social media.

The issue that is stuck in my head is the "EMT" bag referenced during the interview. They brought it up in the context of rumors circulating on social media but I hadn't seen anything about it before and the only reference to it now is trying to figure out what they meant in the interview. I went back and watched the interview and the person off camera brought it up twice, the second time saying something along the lines of "we really need to address that," but ultimately, it was never directly addressed.

I've read the theories here about the bag but it just doesn't make sense still. Some speculate that as a health care professional, mom had a use for it. I'm an RN with ER experience. I have put together a pretty badass first aid kid but I call it it that - a first aid kit. I understand more advanced options are out there that are more along the lines of what might be referred to as an "EMT" bag but the people I know who have them have first responder experience or are hardcore outdoorsman who have participated in some specialized training.

The family does not appear to be the type to have what I would call an EMT bag. It could be an issue of nomenclature but I just want to know a little bit more about it, especially since the off-camera person seemed to think it was important!!

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/

In an email to EastIdahoNews.com, Bowerman confirmed Deorr’s parents, Deorr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, took lie detector tests but the sheriff did not say whether they passed or failed.

(snipped)

A remote-operated drone will be used Wednesday help with the search in the area where the two-year-old disappeared. Bowerman said the Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office will fly their drone in an effort to cover areas that are difficult to access on foot.

“They are just photographing the area in case this should ever turn into a criminal investigation,” Bowerman said. “They are not looking for anything in particular, just a photo of the area in general.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee