ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know if LE found out who dumped the cremains in the water without anybody noticing them??? For me, it is BIZARRE!! It is obvious that they are searching the water, why would ANYONE do that at this very specific time? Odd!!!

Do we know when they were spread? I imagine if you were taking your loved one's remains to sprinkle into a reservoir you might be pre-occupied.

Above BBM.....this is a really good question!

The cadaver dogs hit on cadaverine protein scent a colorless, viscous, toxic ptomaine, which has an offensive odor, formed by the action of bacilli on decomposing flesh. Not on the particular scent of the person.

I took that to mean that things are shifting in another direction and the Bonneville and Bingham counties are letting the Sheriff know that if he needs help looking up past criminal histories of anyone to let them know.

I did find it strange but in light of the latest news saying they are heading in a different direction it kind of makes sense.

That's what I got too, and to me it seemed like a reasonable thing to say/offer. It sounds like "If you need help with background checks, call us." Which I don't see as particularly ominous, but... ?

Seems like an odd statement to quote. Flies in the face of their statements regarding complete trust in the parents recollection of events.

The cadaver dogs hit on cadaverine protein scent a colorless, viscous, toxic ptomaine, which has an offensive odor, formed by the action of bacilli on decomposing flesh. Not on the particular scent of the person.

So we should assume that 2 different types of dogs were used ones that find living people and ones that find only deseased

That's what I got too, and to me it seemed like a reasonable thing to say/offer. It sounds like "If you need help with background checks, call us." Which I don't see as particularly ominous, but... ?

It just didn't strike me as the most useful thing in the world to offer if you want to help find a missing child. Unless you thought that something in somebody's background had something to do with why the child is missing.

Now I wish we knew a lot more about that "friend." And if there were other people in the area.

Guys, can you guys please help? I am trying to hear what the journalist asks at 4:17 that makes the mom sort of smile at 4:19-4:20 but I cannot hear it properly. Thanks in advance.

[video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]

"Tell us how you are holding up?"

Well, that just made my blood run cold. What's not being said here or am I reading too much into it?

It appears to me that that comment was from the July 13 search report....when they first called off the search, but then turned around and said, no...we're still searching. Of course more recently (today?) LE announced that they are redirecting their search and not searching at the campground any longer.

I wonder if the offer of assistance to look up possible criminal records is just standard procedure in these cases?

I took that to mean that things are shifting in another direction and the Bonneville and Bingham counties are letting the Sheriff know that if he needs help looking up past criminal histories of anyone to let them know.

I did find it strange but in light of the latest news saying they are heading in a different direction it kind of makes sense.

https://www.facebook.com/LemhiCountySheriffsOffice

With that said, do any of our key players in this have a criminal background that we know if?

The search has been officially suspended. The sheriff said investigators from Bonneville and Bingham counties have offered assistance in further follow-up investigations into any possible criminal histories of those involved.
^ From: SHERIFF REPORTS TO COMMISSIONERS 7-13-15 LMS http://lemhiweb.com/content/search-recap

I think it would be strange if LE wasn't investigating possible criminal histories of the adults involved in the case when that search update statement was issued on July 13th; little DeOrr had only been missing a couple of days and search efforts were coming up empty.

I also think it would be strange if LE wasn't still investigating all possible scenarios to this day, including foul play by one or more of the adults at the campsite; DeOrr is still mysteriously missing without an apparent trace.

Though LE has made public statements several times since that July 13th statement that they don't suspect foul play and they don't consider the parents suspects, nothing I've seen released publicly would lead me to believe LE has cause to take any possible scenarios off the table.

I'm not accusing the parents, just noting that it seems to me it would be standard LE procedure to continue investigating that angle (and all others) until they find clues or answers. And, I think LE would limit their public statements to ones that they believe will help, rather than hinder, their efforts to locate little DeOrr.

Please read my post again and I included at the bottom what was quoted in the link. The article said...

""She said they checked around the area they were camping for over an hour before calling 911."

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/911-call-for-missing-Idaho-Falls-toddler-released-315660311.html

ETA: Thats the quote in the article of what she said.

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear. I understood that you quoted the article correctly....my point was that if you listen to the actual 911 call, she said he was missing for an hour, not that they searched for an hour. (Of course she could have meant that, but that's not what she said.) So the article was incorrect in their reference to what she said.

Minor point...but it might affect the timeline.

Do we know when they were spread? I imagine if you were taking your loved one's remains to sprinkle into a reservoir you might be pre-occupied.

Maybe the Kunz family (or friend) were the ones who were taking a loved one's cremains to the reservoir?

How would LE know someone had tossed cremains there unless that person volunteered the information?

Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not talk about possible criminal backgrounds and/or sleuthing the players in this? I really don't want this thread to be closed.

Does anyone know if searchers would be looking for human waste? I assume so but I don't know for sure. If he had a diaper, at some point it would leak. If he didn't, he would need to go at some point.

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear. I understood that you quoted the article correctly....my point was that if you listen to the actual 911 call, she said he was missing for an hour, not that they searched for an hour. (Of course she could have meant that, but that's not what she said.) So the article was incorrect in their reference to what she said.

Minor point...but it might affect the timeline.

Thank you so much for clarifying because I didnt realize the article was twisting that. You are right that it is important.

I couldnt get the 911 call to play and so I was going by what the article said.

I should have known better and I should not have assumed the article had it right because we know they get things wrong like this all the time. LOL

Very much so. In fact, he will be on Coast to Coast AM tonight 1AM - 5AM, EST; 10PM - 2AM PST. I believe it will be well worth the listen. I've read all but his latest book and I look at things a bit differently these days.

Thanks....Interesting article.

So we should assume that 2 different types of dogs were used ones that find living people and ones that find only deseased

That is what I usually see in missing person's cases. First they bring out the tracking dogs to try and find a scent trail using their worn clothing. Then, sadly, they bring in cadaver dogs.

Could someone fill me in please on what people are referring to when they mention BBM in recent posts. Is there news that I am missing?

No, there was a phrase in an older (July 13) release from the sheriff's office that suddenly struck me as potentially significant. It's pretty plain that whatever they're saying in public about not suspecting foul play, they aren't ruling out anything.

I kind of overreacted but it just hit me that he's probably gone and there isn't going to be a happy ending.

I don't think it leads to any particular theories and certainly not to a suspect. It's just...so real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010