ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like an odd statement to quote. Flies in the face of their statements regarding complete trust in the parents recollection of events.

Not really... I would guess its standard procedure when the person isn't found.

No, there was a phrase in an older (July 13) release from the sheriff's office that suddenly struck me as potentially significant. It's pretty plain that whatever they're saying in public about not suspecting foul play, they aren't ruling out anything.

I kind of overreacted but it just hit me that he's probably gone and there isn't going to be a happy ending.

I don't think it leads to any particular theories and certainly not to a suspect. It's just...so real.

I think that's a pretty big leap FWIW. LE is human and they make mistakes the same as anyone else. I am sure they all don't have masters degrees in communication or PR and might say or write things that can be easily misconstrued.

Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not talk about possible criminal backgrounds and/or sleuthing the players in this? I really don't want this thread to be closed.

Does anyone know if searchers would be looking for human waste? I assume so but I don't know for sure. If he had a diaper, at some point it would leak. If he didn't, he would need to go at some point.

Sure they are ......tracking involves waste, tracks, patterns of debris etc.

Could someone fill me in please on what people are referring to when they mention BBM in recent posts. Is there news that I am missing?

For those that missed it. There is somewhat new news today 7/20 from Sheriff.

Not specific but I found these parts interesting.

"The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office is officially scaling back an intensive and exhaustive search of the Timber Creek/Stone Reservoir, area"

"the Sheriff’s Office has decided to redirect the investigation."

"The family of DeOrr has continued to cooperate with law enforcement and has volunteered to take polygraphs, which is common in these types of investigations."

https://www.facebook.com/LemhiCountySheriffsOffice

Also, FYI...BBM in past posts means "bolded by me" but i think you may know that and just listing in case that is what you were asking.

Sure they are ......tracking involves waste, tracks, patterns of debris etc.

It just boggles my mind because looking at the video of the area, this is very wooded with hills on either side. How could they possibly cover enough to rule all that out?

I think that's a pretty big leap FWIW. LE is human and they make mistakes the same as anyone else. I am sure they all don't have masters degrees in communication or PR and might say or write things that can be easily misconstrued.

I believe I said I overreacted...

Agreed. I would think this would have been done early on in the investigation. Making the statement publicly just seems odd. Almost like they are planting the seed of deception with the public. Am I wrong to think that within the 10 days someone would have already checked the background of all the individuals involved? Timing just seems off.

I just find it really odd that his cowboy boots have not turned up anywhere. They should have been found if he was grabbed by a mountain lion or a bear. If he fell into the creek I think they would have quickly filled with water and fallen off his tiny feet. Thwy would have been seen by now, imo, even if his body was swept away. And the same with the reservoir scenario. I think they would have fallen off of him and been found by the divers. JMO

I'm so saddened to see the search suspended. I was so hoping they'd find some kind of clue at least.

The fact they are "redirecting" the investigation is very concerning to me.

For those that missed it. There is somewhat new news today 7/20 from Sheriff.

Not specific but I found these parts interesting.

"The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office is officially scaling back an intensive and exhaustive search of the Timber Creek/Stone Reservoir, area"

"the Sheriff’s Office has decided to redirect the investigation."

"The family of DeOrr has continued to cooperate with law enforcement and has volunteered to take polygraphs, which is common in these types of investigations."

https://www.facebook.com/LemhiCountySheriffsOffice

Also, FYI...BBM in past posts means "bolded by me" but i think you may know that and just listing in case that is what you were asking.

It just didn't strike me as the most useful thing in the world to offer if you want to help find a missing child. Unless you thought that something in somebody's background had something to do with why the child is missing.

Now I wish we knew a lot more about that "friend." And if there were other people in the area.

Or if they thought he had been abducted and they could help put together a pool of suspects? I think they would already know everything about the backgrounds of the four campers.

Just a thought. Most highways and interstates have cameras that monitor traffic flow and weather. Has anyone verified their account of arrival in the area other than their recollection? Also, it has been mentioned that 5 individuals in one truck with all their camping gear would seem pretty packed. Traffic cameras would help to time stamp their travel.

Not sure why I couldn't quote your post. Hoping this works.
[quote name="bluesneakers" post=11941572]Do we know when they were spread? I imagine if you were taking your loved one's remains to sprinkle into a reservoir you might be pre-occupied.

Maybe the Kunz family (or friend) were the ones who were taking a loved one's cremains to the reservoir?
How would LE know someone had tossed cremains there unless that person volunteered the information?

Good point. Either they caught someone doing it or someone offered the info.

This could even be a possibility for why they were camping here and why gr-grandpa and/or friend we're along. Maybe someone close recently passed and it was their wish to have ashes spread here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

My brain is not functioning clearly at the moment. Time to call it a day before I say something I'll regret. Sleep well, all.

:eek:fftobed:

The search has been officially suspended. The sheriff said investigators from Bonneville and Bingham counties have offered assistance in further follow-up investigations into any possible criminal histories of those involved

http://lemhiweb.com/content/search-recap.

It's worth remembering that this isn't exactly MSM. It seems to be a community website, and if you click on the author's name, they have only been a member for just on 4 months. It could just be poor wording at the end of the story.
Sorry if this has been covered already - I'm just catching up and am still a page or so behind, but it seemed worthy of a mention as folks were picking up on that last sentence in such surprise.

I believe it is standard procedure in (young) missing children cases that right-off-the-bat LE does a parallel investigation, although have we heard if the FBI is involved? I also don't recall the police saying anyone was 'cleared' more like 'we're good with the parents', and nothing about anyone else, but what does 'good' mean?

Just a thought. Most highways and interstates have cameras that monitor traffic flow and weather. Has anyone verified their account of arrival in the area other than their recollection? Also, it has been mentioned that 5 individuals in one truck with all their camping gear would seem pretty packed. Traffic cameras would help to time stamp their travel.

BBM

IIRC Pictures on FB show dad with a "dually" which has an extended cab and all their gear would go in the bed. IIRC extended cab trucks have 6 seatbelts because they have bench seats. Not all, but most and I am guessing that would be the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie