ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Posters are being made showing Deorr dressed like a girl. He went missing during a camping trip..they need to be searching the immediate area...not making it sound like he is walking around Salt Lake City as Deirdre with his new parents.

I will choose my words carefully because IWasThisClose to getting a time out yesterday.

I read that the parents thought that DeOrr was with the GGP and the GGP thought he was with the parents. I also read the GGP looked away for a minute and the child was gone. Which is it? It can't be both. I'm not accusing anyone. Just wondering about the discrepancy.

I've seen this questioned a few times but I haven't seen a clear answer, unless I just overlooked it.

Good point.

The store clerk placed them in town, 40 minutes or so from the site, 5 hours after they said they were at the store and 3.5 hours after he was reported missing, right?

I didn't read that at all. The only thing I read is that it is alleged that the store clerk saw a blond, very filthy and unhappy little boy with a man in a black truck around 6 but did he/she state it was indeed Deorr and his father? Or just an assumption?

Does this below show a hint that maybe the Sheriff could be biased about this case?

To me it sounds like he just contradicted himself.

He first indicates Twin Falls is going to cover areas where the boy disappeared and are difficult to search on foot. And then says it is not really for searching for the boy but could be for future criminal investigation. WTH?

"A remote-operated drone will be used Wednesday to help with the search in the area where the two-year-old disappeared. Bowerman said the Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office will fly their drone in an effort to cover areas that are difficult to access on foot.

“They are just photographing the area in case this should ever turn into a criminal investigation,” Bowerman said. “They are not looking for anything in particular, just a photo of the area in general.”"

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/

Just my opinion but after reading the news articles, I think they are trying to make someone nervous so they slip up.

Wait, hold on. So we have word from the store clerk saying he/she saw Deorr that day???

I thought I remember reading it somewhere about a dirty, blond, whiny kid the clerk saw at the store? I may be mistaken. Also GGP friend would not be family???

I didn't read that at all. The only thing I read is that it is alleged that the store clerk saw a blond, very filthy and unhappy little boy with a man in a black truck around 6 but did he/she state it was indeed Deorr and his father? Or just an assumption?

No idea girl.... no idea.....no clues but I can tell you I suspect foul play.

I thought I remember reading it somewhere about a dirty, blond, whiny kid the clerk saw at the store? I may be mistaken. Also GGP friend would not be family???

Thanks to Aeronomy for the transcript - see post #286

Transcript between the 7:00 and 8:00 minute marks which discusses the store.

Reporter: Is there any rumors that you've seen or anything you want to clear up, Jessica?

JM (Mom): I just . . . Somebody at the store, um, in Leadore, said, it was one of the ladies that had worked at the store said that they saw, um, a gentleman and a younger blonde boy matching our description of our son, really filthy, buying candy for him and he was just bawling, in a black truck. That is the only . . .

DK: Here's the problem.

JM: . . . other . . .

DK: My pickup truck's black.

JM: [indicating DK] He drives a black truck.

Continuation from last post:

DK: As a family we went down to get some, to get a few things.

Reporter: So it could have been you?

JM: Earlier, it was earlier that day.

DK: It was me, but it, but they claim it was at 6:00 that evening and I, we, we still were with Search and Rescue until, what [turning to JM] a quarter till four?

JM: Yeah, from . . .

DK: We didn't never, we never . . . we haven't left the camp since 1:00 that afternoon. So it's just a lot of hearsay . . . and . . .

Reporter: Was anybody camping around you?

Thanks to Aeronomy for the transcript - see post #286

Transcript between the 7:00 and 8:00 minute marks which discusses the store.

Reporter: Is there any rumors that you've seen or anything you want to clear up, Jessica?

JM (Mom): I just . . . Somebody at the store, um, in Leadore, said, it was one of the ladies that had worked at the store said that they saw, um, a gentleman and a younger blonde boy matching our description of our son, really filthy, buying candy for him and he was just bawling, in a black truck. That is the only . . .

JM: [indicating DK] He drives a black truck.

I read this many times and I wondered if the store clerk met Deorr's father after the statement and said "Hey yes, this is the man I saw", etc.

All I know is I saved this from the long raw version of the interview the parents gave. I took notes and paraphrased. If anyone can find that part of the transcript it would be awesome.
Anyhow:
clerk at store near camp phoned police / told of seeing man with a filthy bawling blond boy who was @ store in black truck on that day/got candy for boy
Deorr Kunz Sr told reporters it was him/ Deorr Jr but that he was @ the store hours before the Deorr was missing/ clerk was way off on the timing<<
jmho

What time is it where you guys live? It's 12:00am here and my eyes are wide open like an owl. :eek:

I read this many times and I wondered if the store clerk met Deorr's father after the statement and said "Hey yes, this is the man I saw", etc.

I have wondered the same thing. As far as I know, the store clerk hasn't made any public statements and LE hasn't mentioned anything.

Would you please direct me to the FB name/page you referred to earlier so I/we can follow up on the WTF info you came across? You don't have to give specifics, just point us in the right direction. Thanks!

All I know is I saved this from the long raw version of the interview the parents gave. I took notes and paraphrased. If anyone can find that part of the transcript it would be awesome.
Anyhow:
clerk at store near camp phoned police / told of seeing man with a filthy bawling blond boy who was @ store in black truck on that day/got candy for boy
Deorr Kunz Sr told reporters it was him/ Deorr Jr but that he was @ the store hours before the Deorr was missing/ clerk was way off on the timing<<
jmho

See post #851 and #852.

Did the store clerk call the police? Or...
Anyhow:
jmho

I read somewhere online yesterday (it was a comment not an article) that the family was known to the sheriff's department prior to the incident with Deorr going missing, and that one of the grandmothers (either Jessica or Deorr Sr's mom) is an ex-LEO from the area. I don't know if that meant that the mom and dad of little Deorr previously knew some or all of the sheriffs involved, if the grandma did, or what......but does anyone have any info on this and know if there is any truth to it?

I'm not being obtuse but seriously why is this such a problem about the store? For the one who is saying it's a problem.

jmho

Can someone please point out to me where you are seeing this "little girl" info? Thanks!

Did the store clerk call the police? Or...
From what I have in my notes she did. Perhaps they interviewed her routinely. Perhaps she talked to another clerk that might have been on another shift and it went like that.
Would love to know.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members