ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a few pics of DeOrr and his father together, but they were removed from Facebook the day after the news broke.
Thanks for pointing that out! I've been wondering about that for a long time. I don't like VDK. To me he screams guilty more than her, but that's just me. I find there are often more pics of dad and kids than mom and kids because moms take them, then never get the action reciprocated. That's just IME in life though, so take it for what it is. Always found it odd, but I guess maybe they were just taken down.

Are you thinking of the webcam on the highway maybe? Someone posted a bunch of photos from that, but I think they may have been subsequently removed... I'm not sure.

I remember the photos and the ensuing all night discussion we had about them. They were legitimate highway camera shots and yes there was a black truck in one of them. Unfortunately, the following morning all of the photos and the entire discussion was deleted. A lot of effort was put in by the person who located and documented the shots, but you won't find a trace of the discussion. With what we now know, I wonder if LE requested that the thread be deleted.

I remember the photos and the ensuing all night discussion we had about them. They were legitimate highway camera shots and yes there was a black truck in one of them. Unfortunately, the following morning all of the photos and the entire discussion was deleted. A lot of effort was put in by the person who located and documented the shots, but you won't find a trace of the discussion. With what we now know, I wonder if LE requested that the thread be deleted.

Yes, the amazing sleuth Rkf got us those camera shots. I remember that night too.

Wish now that I had taken screen shots, but hope the authorities have access to them.

Thanks for pointing that out! I've been wondering about that for a long time. I don't like VDK. To me he screams guilty more than her, but that's just me. I find there are often more pics of dad and kids than mom and kids because moms take them, then never get the action reciprocated. That's just IME in life though, so take it for what it is. Always found it odd, but I guess maybe they were just taken down.

I agree that Jessica did not act appropriately or as expected during the first interview either. To me, she came across as tired, and disinterested. Her facial features were just flat the whole time. I had never read about RBF (I think I may have it...in my avatar pic???) but I can certainly see why there is a term for it and that it could apply to her.

In the second interview, she just seems...to be faking grief. It's a horrible thing to say but never looking at the camera and sniffing without wiping your nose or eyes...I'm not buying it.

There are two main words IMO that apply to JM's demeanor: Passive, and cold.

On the other hand, my oldest son got in trouble for taking off with his girlfriend to AZ in one of my cars when he was 16. When we finally found them and brought them home, I had already spoken with LE in our home state. Whomever I talked to said to think VERY carefully if I wanted charges brought against him. He said, it was his personal but not professional opinion, that he would NOT file charges against his own son if in the same situation, and why. Anyway, two cops showed up at the door later, and asked me what I wanted to do. I was kind of standing there, a million things running through my mind. I was having a hard time deciding, and it was such a big decision. Ultimately, they charged him. But reading through the police report later, I was shocked to learn that the officers had said I was "standoffish." Sometimes it's easy to misread expressions and I was offended at their description.

Some people just have "poker face".

I saw earlier people were discussing whether parents would cover up for each other. Malik Drummond's father was recently arrested, after 2 year old Malik had been missing for more than a year. He confessed and told LE where to find the body. His girlfriend covered for him.

In police documents, Lesley Marcotte, the ex-girlfriend of Jeffery Clifton, says Malik died from injuries after Clifton beat him - three days before they reported the boy missing. She says one of the missing posters for the boy shows bruising from a previous beating.

According to police documents, Marcotte, who was in the house when Malik was reported missing, told police Clifton beat the child during a dispute over eating his dinner. Marcotte said the boy died that night, and Clifton hid his body while deciding how to dispose of his remains.

http://www.fox13memphis.com/news/po...-arkansas-belonged-to-malik-drummond/78472278

Sorry, Desert-Blue. I meant it one of them did it and the other is covering for them. What person could possibly be so special, you would sacrifice your son's life and dignity entirely to keep them safe, if you knew they were the reason behind his disappearance and/or death.

I see what you're saying, but I guess I feel that they are both at fault and they know that they both could be charged - not sure how it all played out but whatever it was, it probably wasn't the first time it happened... it's just that in this instance, it directly or indirectly led to DeOrr's death. All just my opinion and speculation... I could be wrong. Maybe one of them is to blame and the other is just covering, but my gut says otherwise...

I see what you're saying, but I guess I feel that they are both at fault and they know that they both could be charged - not sure how it all played out but whatever it was, it probably wasn't the first time it happened... it's just that in this instance, it directly or indirectly lead to DeOrr's death. All just my opinion and speculation... I could be wrong. Maybe one of them is to blame and the other is just covering, but my gut says otherwise...

So does mine, honestly. I thought about what my Hubby said last night, I tossed it around w/ you guys and I just couldn't get passed the fact that regardless, they both are complimenting each other's very odd behavior patterns and countless other things that just don't look good for them. I try so hard to keep an open mind to every theory or suggestion and at the end of the day, this is the one I keep coming back to, however it may have played out. I want so badly to believe otherwise, but whether they are in on it together or one is covering for the other, I just don't think I can.

I saw earlier people were discussing whether parents would cover up for each other. Malik Drummond's father was recently arrested, after 2 year old Malik had been missing for more than a year. He confessed and told LE where to find the body. His girlfriend covered for him.

http://www.fox13memphis.com/news/po...-arkansas-belonged-to-malik-drummond/78472278

Thank you Rayemonde! That was me that brought that up. I'll have to look into these case a little more in detail when I can. Thanks for pointing me towards that case!

People have been known to cover for the other person because there are hefty prison sentences for gross negligence (even without malice) and likely both parents could be charged if this is found to be the case.

This of course would mean that the parents would have to care more about themselves than a proper burial for their child. Unfortunately there exists that type of parents. Tragic but true.

yes, it's like 'there is nothing we can do for him now, he's gone... so lets just cover our butts now and try to survive and keep quiet.'

It's pretty odd to think that they may NOT want their baby to be found....ever. I also wonder if they are still actively cooperating with their Private Investigator.

It's pretty odd to think that they may NOT want their baby to be found....ever. I also wonder if they are still actively cooperating with their Private Investigator.
Great question! My guess is, no. Can you imagine how awkward the meetings would be?? It makes me smile. I like the thought of their discomfort.

Anyway, what do I know? Who knows...

Maybe there are not a lot of pictures of DeOrr and VDK because VDK was a trucker which means he was probably gone for 2-3 weeks at a time like every other over the road trucker.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

That was one of the pictures, but there were many more and at least 50-75 posts discussing their details and possible significance.

The pics and discussion have not been removed. Let me grab the link.

Other than VDK's nervous chatter, and JM's silence, both of which are completely understandable in the situation, nothing stood out to me in the first interview. In the second interview, JM looks deflated and in deep grief. VDK always seems on the verge of breaking down into a puddle of tears.

I must not be such a good behavior analyst, nothing they have done in these interviews sends up red flags.

I am not so sure that LE and the PIs aren't just frustrated that they can not find a lost baby and are now taking jabs at the parents hoping to shake something out of them. Maybe there is nothing to shake.

IR says the baby was at the campsite after the trip to Leadore. Klein doesn't believe him but Klein has never spoken to him. IR, JM, VDK and GGP put the baby at the campsite after about 1:10pm, only Klein is backing up to 8:00am for his timeline.

SB thinks they are being less that truthful. Klein thinks they are flat out lying and that he knows the how but not the why. I think no one knows anything and maybe, just maybe, the child wandered into the wild and died in the woods.

I have to respectfully disagree in my opinion. There were red flags raised all over the place in that first interview for me.

I think taking jabs is something you might do if you are jumping to conclusions and throwing caution to the wind. But the sheriff seems super-incredibly cautious. He said that the parents couldn't tell the same story twice and have changed their story constantly. And don't forget FBI! The FBI gave the parents multiple poly's and the FBI's top poly expert determined that they were consistently and repeatedly being less than truthful (otherwise known as lying) about their knowledge of what happened to their son and where he is.

And Klein isn't some random PI. He was hired by the family. I don't think he would haphazardly point fingers back at the parents (who he is kinda working on behalf of) if he didn't have a pretty good idea he was right.

I don't know how to place Internet bets, but in this case I would!! :) Anyone is entitled to believe that LE, FBI and Klein are all wrong and baiting the parents. I am just personally so convinced that is not the case, I would put all my money down on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member