ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JM had a pretrial conference this morning at 8:00 for her Driving without Privileges charge. I wonder how it went.

I was wondering too . . . I suppose it could be possible that there is a pic on one of their phones taken of Deorr alive & well at or about 8AM. Just trying to think of reasons, why 8AM?

I was wondering too . . . I suppose it could be possible that there is a pic on one of their phones taken of Deorr alive & well at or about 8AM. Just trying to think of reasons, why 8AM?

I've been thinking about this given Klein has said 9? witnesses he has. 2 could be IR and GGP and 2 could be the elderly couple camping half mile away.

The rest I have no idea except to wonder if it's at all possible there were other people with them at the campground we don't know about?

^^ THIS!! I want to know too!! TeaTime just took the words right out of my mouth. The part I am most struck by is the "maybe even embarrassed" part. It absolutely makes sense, yet it makes absolutely no sense at the same time.

Maybe... that JM & VDK were having sex while little DeOrr disappeared - THAT would be embarrassing... :thinking:

Is the campgrounds and surrounding areas have snow melt yet? TIA! :wave:

Maybe... that JM & VDK were having sex while little DeOrr disappeared - THAT would be embarrassing... :thinking:

Oh, that would be embarrassing...!! But so would pushing a theory you know isn't true w/ so many people trying to help you, so who knows??

As for the snow, I'm 3 states to the east of ID and oddly enough, we haven't gotten much here and only have a little left of the foot we got a week ago. What we have gotten had melted fairly quickly which is unusual here. We also aren't in the mountains so I'm betting the locals can answer better than me on that one! :wave:

Yes, but if that was the case, why not just lie to LE and say you were napping at the time he disappeared, instead of having sex. It would still be negligent, but not with criminal intent, especially if they claimed they were all napping as a family together, but somehow Deorr awoke and left the truck and got lost or drown. Besides, if it is true that JM started her period that morning it seems unlikely they were having sex (I don't think the campground had flush toilets or hot showers). Of course, that could be part of the alibi, as it was what gave them the excuse to leave the campsite and go to the store for feminine supplies....and she made sure to tell her mom about it in the phone call, which seems weird and irrelevant.

Just had a thought which is really soap opera-ish but could explain the 'embarassing'
part. Could JM have had an 'affair' with IR at the campsite (maybe they were all drinking and things got a little crazy)? Maybe VDK caught them in the act and got angry. Somehow in his anger little Deorr gets hurt or killed. Even though he is responsible he blames JM because it was her actions that caused the uproar in the first place. Because she feels guilty and embarassed (as does IR), they all help cover up the accident/murder.

Guys.......Am I losing the plot or what? The embarrassing/raise eyebrows lines from Klein is aimed directly at those on SM with wild theories and comments. Not that VDK and JM were doing something embarrassing/eyebrow raising.

Guys.......Am I losing the plot or what? The embarrassing/raise eyebrows lines from Klein is aimed directly at those on SM with wild theories and comments. Not that VDK and JM were doing something embarrassing/eyebrow raising.

No, you are not. It is just a weird, opened-ended statement on Klein's part is all. The only reason it sticks out to me is that most people on SM are saying pretty much the same general thing, give or take the extremes. To me, why would the SM people be embarrassed if they were right on the general consensus of what actually happened unless they were somehow proven wrong? Just odd. That is it! [emoji4] I know, I know... I think too much! LOL

Nope, you got it right. :rolleyes:

I just had an idea I haven't heard... What if Deorr was in the bar and the parents were giving him alcohol? Only to give him too much and he "overdosed"? I think a lot of the witness stories would fit.

No, you are not. It is just a weird, opened-ended statement on Klein's part is all. The only reason it sticks out to me is that most people on SM are saying pretty much the same general thing, give or take the extremes. To me, why would the SM people be embarrassed if they were right on the general consensus of what actually happened unless they were somehow proven wrong? Just odd. That is it! [emoji4] I know, I know... I think too much! LOL

I understand where you're coming from, but I do still think there's a possibility that the parents didn't personally do anything to Deorr, intentionally or accident. Maybe the only thing they're guilty of is what Sheriff B stated, being less than truthful about whether Deorr is dead or alive, and about where he is. Though why / how that's the case and how they couldn't have at least been negligent is still something I'm trying to digest. And why they would cover up for anyone in the disappearance of their child is something else I have difficulty getting my brain around, and I can only speculate but can't go there at this point. Except to say that the other two POI's are still POI's, and that something seems off there, JMHO.

ETA: Actually, even if all they did was leave Deorr with GGP at the campground, I still would consider that negligent to some degree, considering the state of his health and all and in that environment. :moo:

I understand where you're coming from, but I do still think there's a possibility that the parents didn't personally do anything to Deorr, intentionally or accident. Maybe the only thing they're guilty of is what Sheriff B stated, being less than truthful about whether Deorr is dead or alive, and about where he is. Though why / how that's the case and how they couldn't have at least been negligent is still something I'm trying to digest. And why they would cover up for anyone in the disappearance of their child is something else I have difficulty getting my brain around, and I can only speculate but can't go there at this point. Except to say that the other two POI's are still POI's, and that something seems off there, JMHO.

ETA: Actually, even if all they did was leave Deorr with GGP at the campground, I still would consider that negligent to some degree, considering the state of his health and all and in that environment. :moo:

And that is exactly why Klein's statement makes my head spin. I am not convinced of much of anything at this point, especially when it comes where the parents stand in terms of guilt or innocence (to whatever degree of either). There are a slew of things that could make this case embarrassing in hindsight- especially since we (the public) don't know what happened yet, even though the "majority"seem to already be getting the nooses ready OR are supporting the parents 100%, despite anything we know thus far. There are also things that could be embarrassing for any POI at this point as well... But as Klein said, this case is "different" from other cases he has done and I can't imagine SM being much different in those other cases, especially after following little Noah's. So many people were quick to judge his family for what happened to him.

I would like to know what made Klein "raise an eyebrow" in this particular case since he thought in his other cases "he had seen it all, but then..." (Paraphrasing)

ETA: To clarify, I know Klein had nothing to do w/ Noah's case. I used it only as an example.

I have used "little man" and "little dude" with my guys, too. But when I'm talking to them. Not when I'm talking to people ABOUT them. I do find it strange that they're using that name with the press. I'd want my kid's name out there.

That's how I took things too. I just got the impression in the first interview that the father was purposely using the "knickname" to try to garner sympathy. Just how I took things.

I agree if I wanted to get the word out to the press about my boy I would surely use his real name and whatever he would react to when called.

I don't think those knicknames he used are the names he would use when calling him. Maybe they are but just seemed to be more playful type names used in personal use.

I do agree on the shovel with a so-called hair on it, I don't think that actually happened, JMO. I'm not sure what to think of the Silver Dollar except that according to Klein someone in the party was there, if not all four, then it seems more likely to me, IMO, that it was JM and VDK. During that time where was Deorr and who was he with ? All we know is children aren't allowed in the bar so he wasn't there.

If he went on up to camp with GGP maybe the plan was for him to sleep with him in his trailer. That actually makes sense to me if mom & dad stayed out late having a couple of drinks as an older GGP probably turns in rather early, closer to a toddler's sleep schedule. Given this scenario, could it be that when the parents made it to the campground, the baby was already down for the night in the trailer.

I keep thinking of Klein's statement in his KID interview, and don't quite know what to think of it. It's at around the 2:30 - 2:40 mark :

http://590kid.com/2016/01/28/former-deorr-kunz-investigator/
"in the end when this true story comes out, I think there's going to be some people who raise their eyebrows a little bit, and be a little bit embarassed".

So Klein does sense the truth already?

They ought to be embarrassed about being less than truthful to law enforcement, the public, and their families, in relation to what happened to their baby boy. MOO.

That's how I took things too. I just got the impression in the first interview that the father was purposely using the "knickname" to try to garner sympathy. Just how I took things.

I agree if I wanted to get the word out to the press about my boy I would surely use his real name and whatever he would react to when called.

I don't think those knicknames he used are the names he would use when calling him. Maybe they are but just seemed to be more playful type names used in personal use.

I agree about his trying to garner sympathy. In the same way he kept referring to Deorr as a three year old. (in which I silently yelled back at him "he's two!) In my opinion he was trying to deflect the criticism of not watching his two year old better.

Maybe Klein meant that the people who defended the parents so fiercely and donated money to them would be embarrassed. Embarrassed at being taken in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff