ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the 7th month anniversary of DeOrr reported missing. Sending you love and justice, little guy...

I don't think a nickname would be odd, but I think to speak of nicknames at this point seems unnecessary and therefore a little bit suspect. JM called for her boy when searching him - okay. Certainly she called names little Deorr was used to hear from his parents - okay. My feeling is, she is telling unimportant things like her overflowing partner and there is a reason for that. IMO
I see what you're saying now. I totally misunderstood, and me quoting you makes no sense now in retrospect, as what I'm responding to is things other people have said in the past. I agree the parents seem to be just throwing out TMI -- and totally unimportant, distracting TMI.
also, Jamaica Me Crazy, I'm with you. Little man is nauseating to me too, but apparently our commonwealth "bubba" (like baba, or baby to us) nickname makes Americans think of a fat old dude, so I shouldn't comment! Lol.

Couldn't this just mean she was closer to the reservoir, which from my understanding is just further up the mountain than the campsite? "Down where we were camping" could mean only the immediate area where their vehicles and the camper were parked at.

It could but I thought she said she stayed at the campsite.

Yeah... There are some people people who take everything way way too far. But I don't think it's helpful to go too far the other way and give them loads of sympathy... Some people even seem to see them as martyrs or heroes. That is just enabling behaviour IMO. But I think the hate campaign on fb that was run by conspiracy theorists who seemed to have little interest in the truth has caused people to rally around in support of the parents.... And made them band together.... I know that before they were announced to be suspects, whenever I personally read the really hateful stuff on fb it made me feel a lot more sympathetic towards the parents and made me feel bad for harbouring doubts about them.

All just MOO. :moo:

Couldn't agree more!

There is something else that may be relevant. During the 911 call JM volunteers, "all down where we were camping at and we can't find him at all." Does she mean she's no longer there at the campsite? When she says "all down" does she mean she's moved to a higher elevation?

I lived in Eastern Idaho for 20 years. One thing I learned is there is a certain way of speaking, not an accent really, but more a regional pattern. The "all down where we were camping at" basically means "we've searched our campsite and can't find him".

There was many threads regarding VDK use of the term "hauled" up the road. It means "I drove up the road".

Another was the speculation on the "he'd be good with GGP". It basically meant DeOrr would OK with GGP, not that DeOrr's behavior would be good.

Some people have no class and no filter and those comments make my jaw drop too. That said, I think shame (used with some responsibility) serves a purpose in society and IMO it is appropriate here. I don't mind some public pressure on the parents to come forward and be truthful. Especially if they are engaging in public conversation. I am surprised to read that there are people who think, based solely on photographs (and despite what LE, FBI and the family's PI are saying), that the father should be "proud" of himself. Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What comments, kammie?

I lived in Eastern Idaho for 20 years. One thing I learned is there is a certain way of speaking, not an accent really, but more a regional pattern. The "all down where we were camping at" basically means "we've searched our campsite and can't find him".

There was many threads regarding VDK use of the term "hauled" up the road. It means "I drove up the road".

Another was the speculation on the "he'd be good with GGP". It basically meant DeOrr would OK with GGP, not that DeOrr's behavior would be good.

I give the parents zero breaks but what you say makes good sense. I agree some people made too big of a deal about VDK saying hauling down the road. From everything we've heard no one is actually hauling down that road unless 10 MPH is hauling. Also both parents are quite young so I'm sure they pepper in plenty of local slang in their language. Basically what I'm saying is I'm willing to overlook some peculiar phrases as local speech, what I'm not willing to overlook of course is their complete failure to actually provide useful information about their "missing" toddler.

I am of the mindset that as soon as the area thaws LE is going to search some very specific areas and probably recover remains. My understanding is it can be quite time consuming for LE to get cell phone records/pings from certain carriers so that might have delayed the process some. I bet they have a map with circles on it all ready for spring. I don't mean to come across as cold but once the remains are found I think we'll see arrests and justice begin to be served.

This is an excellent point! I'm in SE Idaho & we have a pretty unique pattern & manner of speech. In my international travels a lot of people have mistaken me to be from the deep southern US states. In the southern US I was told I sound very Canadian. My east coast friends have described my speech as a combo Californian/Southern. Those are all very stereotypical patterns of speech, I'm sure YouTube has great examples of each. I can almost hear the southern accent myself sometimes. For example phonetically say "still" instead of "steel". Too much emphasis has been placed on phrasing and words that typical here. Not a criticism of the discussion, just a point that may help refine it in the future.

Little Man is pretty common in the Western states, the same way in New England, boys are "Buddy."

What comments, kammie?

Someone had posted a link upthread, but I think the post have been deleted because it didn't show up when my response posted (it was a FB link, so could have been unapproved). But I think it's probably safe to say generally that some comments on FB go the extreme.

I've not posted here before, and am a bit uncomfortable doing so, but have been following this case from the day it was first reported in the news. I've regularly followed along on this forum as well. Since you are speaking of Facebook, I have a question that maybe you can help with. Is the FBI or LE able to go back and review posts/pictures that were on the parents' pages -- but which they removed once the case was reported in the news?

I've not posted here before, and am a bit uncomfortable doing so, but have been following this case from the day it was first reported in the news. I've regularly followed along on this forum as well. Since you are speaking of Facebook, I have a question that maybe you can help with. Is the FBI or LE able to go back and review posts/pictures that were on the parents' pages -- but which they removed once the case was reported in the news?

:welcome:

Good question. I believe so:

Last week's decision from the Supreme Court of New York's Suffolk County said that under the state's court rules, Kathleen Romano had no reasonable expectation that the information she posted to restricted parts of the social networking sites would remain private, even if she had previously deleted it.

http://m.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/29/facebook_deleted_posts/

Thank you, Raymonde. Good link. It is interesting, and I should imagine, or at least hope, that the authorities have examined any & all of the deleted posts & pics then.

Wow, I had no idea 'Little Man' was so controversial--and, apparently, vomit inducing. I call my son thay all the time, and it is sort of special for us. He is growing up so fast, and I am so proud of the sweet little man he is becoming--it just slips out, and frankly it gives me a warm glow every time. Contrarily, I think 'Bubba' is absurd, unless your son happens to be a 42 year old truck driver with an ever-expanding beer belly. :)

The nickname thing has never bothered me, but I will admit that it sounds somewhat over-done and ungenuine when they say it.

Some of the comments on any SM are very extreme, IMO. That usually goes for every case though.

BUT, I do hope that no one lets either of the parents forget their little son is out there through no fault of his own and they need to come clean about it. I personally think they are wondering every day when or if they will be arrested. They know SB absolutely thinks they know where little DeOrr is and what happened to him. They know the FBI is/was involved in the investigation and between the FBI and SB; they will get to the bottom of it, IMO. I do hope that every single day of JM's and DeOrr's (Vernal) life they worry and wonder if their freedom is limited.

I think they are beginning to realize that NO ONE is going to forget or shut up about little DeOrr!

*Candle lit for little DeOrr.

The nickname thing has never bothered me, but I will admit that it sounds somewhat over-done and ungenuine when they say it.

Exactly, I think that's the point... No one is saying there's anything wrong with nicknames in themselves, or judging anyone here for having nicknames for their own kid, but the way those two use the nickname doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

I feel the same as I would if the husband of a missing woman was on TV pleading for the return of "darling" or "babes" or "sweetypumpkin" or whatever and avoiding using her real name... It just seems really ridiculous and inappropriate to me. And if that husband was actually a suspect in his wife's disappearance - I would find it nauseating. As I do in DeOrr's case.

Exactly, I think that's the point... No one is saying there's anything wrong with nicknames in themselves, or judging anyone here for having nicknames for their own kid, but the way those two use the nickname doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

I feel the same as I would if the husband of a missing woman was on TV pleading for the return of "darling" or "babes" or "sweetypumpkin" or whatever and avoiding using her real name... It just seems really ridiculous and inappropriate to me. And if that husband was actually a suspect in his wife's disappearance - I would find it nauseating. As I do in DeOrr's case.
Thinking about it from that perspective, I see exactly what you mean.

I've just been reviewing some things and for some reason this didn't sink in with me before, that GGP drove a Suburban while pulling a trailer for 120 miles. I hadn't realized until now the distance. That would be at least two hours, maybe even closer to three hours adding in that slow, rough road to the campsite which was in itself 45 minutes.

And I know this has been said by someone here before, but again, as he and IR were friends and were at the campground together, wouldn't IR have known if GGP was using oxygen...or not... at that time ? Yet he says this in his interview with NE:

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/isaac-reinwand-i-had-nothing-to-do-with-deorrs-disappearance/
REINWAND: I haven’t heard from Walton all winter long.
EATON:
Have you heard how his health is doing?
REINWAND:I heard he’s on oxygen.

Also, I think I recall someone had posted in a previous thread about the possibility of little Deorr being left at the campsite with GGP and IR while the parents went to the Silver Dollar the night of the 9th. Thinking along those lines, two pieces of evidence that were confiscated by LE according to Vilt, reportedly belonged to GGP: the coveralls / overalls and the ax. I wonder why they were taken and why SB didn't really give an answer when asked about them.

Anyway, sorry for going back over old territory again, but I think I'm seeing things a little differently than I was before.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Timelines-and-Maps-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot/page4
12:36
Bessie: (laughs) Great! Uh, well, the dogs -- absolutely that was one of the big questions and of course the timeline, and that store receipt. Also, some people have asked…you know we heard that there was uh… some overalls and maybe an ax or a shovel that were seized. Um…I don’t know that that’s a fact but that’s come up. Is there anything you can comment on about that?

13:06
SB: Well, yes. There was a shovel at the scene. Somebody brought it out, I believe from the camp trailer, and um…you know a one point we were told there was a human hair on that but when it was brought out and displayed, it blew away in the wind so…you know. We had several people that say they thought they saw a human hair but we haven’t been able to corroborate that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff