ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO LE was leery at the beginning, but started really wondering when Vernal became so fascinated in watching the helicopter and divers and all that fancy tech stuff, that he forgot to act like a grieving father. In the interview when Vernal is describing S&R, you'd think he was talking about a Monster Truck Rally he recently attended. He's almost giddy with excitement.

I know right.

I get so upset listening to that interview because he is just beating around the bush the entire interview. Babbling us with BS.

All I wanted to know was:

What exactly happened?
Please for the love of God tell me what happened and tell me how we can help find him.

Anyway, how did 3 persons (one of 3) something deadly to little Deorr without the presence of the 4th person?? Did IR an early-morning-counting of minnows at the creek and some meters above a child died silently and was hidden and when IR came back, there were 3 lying adults minus 1 toddler?

I don't fault anyone at all. I also don't know that the blankie was NOT taken by LE as evidence or for any other reason. Maybe not as soon as 7/13 though?

DK sounded relieved in the first interview that officer Dave (Morelli) was the one to show up on the scene. There have been rumblings since the beginning that he might have been familiar with the family. If so, that might have furthered any assumption at first that it was a straight up missing kid incident.

Although it wasn't long before SB was saying drone shots were being taken in case it went to court. So I think they caught on pretty quickly that something was amiss. (Looking for that link.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/

So in Vernal's mind, this was the "performance" that was required but unbeknownst to him it actually made LE go from hinky to big red X going off above his head?

Yes, he was trying to be passionate and emphatic to come across as believable but he chose the subject of SAR instead of his child to be passionate about--whoops. He was also passionate about other things, like spotting minnows that DeOrr "would just love" and being "blessed" that JM had a signal at the campsite. Triple whoops.

A remote-operated drone will be used Wednesday to help with the search in the area where the two-year-old disappeared. Bowerman said the Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office will fly their drone in an effort to cover areas that are difficult to access on foot.

“They are just photographing the area in case this should ever turn into a criminal investigation,” Bowerman said. “They are not looking for anything in particular, just a photo of the area in general.”

I wonder if they were looking for dirt that looked like it had been overturned (body buried) and chose to use a drone due the vastness of the area?

July 21St:

Sheriff Bowerman also confirmed that drones are being brought to the Timber Creek/ Stone Reservoir area but doesn't believe they will be used in the search. Instead the drones will be used to document the area for evidence if a trial in connection to DeOrr's disappearance is ever convened.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/new-details-on-search-for-deorr-kunz-jr/34281340

Why was it important for them, at that point, to use drones to document the area for a possible future trial? I don't really understand that.

A remote-operated drone will be used Wednesday to help with the search in the area where the two-year-old disappeared. Bowerman said the Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office will fly their drone in an effort to cover areas that are difficult to access on foot.

“They are just photographing the area in case this should ever turn into a criminal investigation,” Bowerman said. “They are not looking for anything in particular, just a photo of the area in general.”

I wonder if they were looking for dirt that looked like it had been overturned (body buried) and chose to use a drone due the vastness of the area?

This was the SB quote I was thinking of: “They are just photographing the area in case this should ever turn into a criminal investigation,” Bowerman said. “They are not looking for anything in particular, just a photo of the area in general.”

July 21St:

Why was it important for them, at that point, to use drones to document the area for a possible future trial? I don't really understand that.

Especially since LE all but ruled out abduction. Perhaps at the very beginning their suspicions were focused on the family friend with a record once they realized that it was likely not a wandering incident.

As in "signed the contract" or "paid"?

It was paid for by public donations...no idea if the family chipped in....

I believe little DeOrr's grandfather Dennis DeOrr Kunz signed the contract. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

This is what I heard too. If it was paid for by the public it would make sense that Klein is sharing information to the public.

If the parents both failed their poly's as miserably as Klein says they did, then they must have been suspects in SB's mind immediately upon taking them. Wonder when that was? Between that and cadaver hit, no wonder he called in the FBI.

Just listened to the part on the interview about the blanket and its no wonder we are confused. Here is his exact words. Interpret it however we feel at the time I guess. LOL

"this is an exact replica of a security blanket (slight pause) for everybody (slight pause) this is his actual blanket he does not go anywhere without it"

Its near very end of interview if people want to listen
13:50 mark

[video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]

I refuse to listen to this interview again. Not they are very skilled but lying comes way too easy to these two. I wouldn't be surprised if they stole that blanket out of another kids stroller just to use as a prop. Seriously I wonder what percentage of information they gave in this interview is actually valid? I think I listened to the whole interview 3 times and I realized that my IQ had actually dropped so I've sworn off listening to it again, I don't want to vernalize myself.

July 21St:

Because probably from the beginning, they knew they needed to keep an open mind. I really don't think LE just takes people's word for it when there's a missing child. Or maybe ever. They aren't trained to just trust people.

ETA - after their behavior online and in videos I think we can assume that upon arriving at the campground, it was difficult to get a straight story from either of them. ;)

After listening to it again I agree with your interpretation.

What I found interesting is where he throws in "for everybody"
Its almost like he was very aware of the public audience he was talking to and he wanted to be sure people hear what he was telling
(true or not)

How sick that she held onto that blankie to evoke sympathy for her "grief." But her inability to muster any emotion over her missing son kinda gave her away. How could she be so cold? I wonder if there have been other signs that she has inability to empathize or express concern for others, feel guilt or remorse, etc. (Although it sounds like she did breakdown with LE and KIC, so she has to feel "something," but I have a feeling it is for her own welfare.)

I recently read the Ted Bundy book, and am struck by the similarity in how TB and these parents react to accusations by LE and the public, and how their public image seems to be of foremost importance at all times.

Maybe he meant a duplicate?

You never know with these two, but within the context of what they said..fwtw they said they were concerned because he left behind the items he never goes anywhere without. Leading me to think he misused the word replica.

So, now that we [essentially] know that JM knows where the body is, what's up with that "Miracles for Little Man" donation page?
It says 100% of the proceeds go to help in the search. Are they really still continuing to ask for money to help with the search now that it's public knowledge that JM could end the search any time she wanted?
Disgusting, disgusting disgusting people. Not only did this family likely cover up the death of their TODDLER together, but they dragged the entire world into some wild goose chase of mountain lions, abductors, fancy jeeps, and sketchy white-haired men. All while asking people to give them money to help find him, when they knew exactly where he was the whole time.
Vile creatures, that family.
Absolutely vile.

When Klien said he would be releasing evidence the next day, do you think he meant the statement from JM or possibly something else? It was strange that that response was taken down from his FB page; maybe LE asked him what evidence he meant and asked him not to do that, so instead he referenced JMs statement? The statement just didn't seem like true "evidence" to me. A recording of her saying that would be evidence. Just curious to know what others think.

When Klien said he would be releasing evidence the next day, do you think he meant the statement from JM or possibly something else? It was strange that that response was taken down from his FB page; maybe LE asked him what evidence he meant and asked him not to do that, so instead he referenced JMs statement? The statement just didn't seem like true "evidence" to me. A recording of her saying that would be evidence. Just curious to know what others think.

I guess the cadaver dogs hitting on equipment could allude to the fact that that equipment is evidence.

Suspects in the Deorr Kunz disappearance case have been named
By Morgan Wagner, KBOI Wednesday, March 2nd 2016

Former Idaho Attorney General, David Leroy said it's only been within the last 100 years, that we've seen changes brought against people for murder when a body hasn't been found. But he says when looking at the evidence in Deorr Junior's case, it's hard to build a case until the toddler's body is found.

Video at link

For what it's worth, David Leroy is a criminal defense attorney. IMO, he's speaking from that perspective.

I agree with you that's why I'm a bit skeptical at this point as to whether we have actually moved along in the investigation. What he said riled people up but when you pare it down, he really didn't do anything but repeat what SB has said and put a spin on JMs answer to a much asked question. I also wondered why he removed that from the page but I find it so strange that he wouldn't ask for LEs approval prior to making a press release of that nature. Essentially, he made a much hated woman more hated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow