ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised by this. I wonder why LE didn't take the blanket even if for just scenting the dogs?

I also wonder if there are any other reasons why Jessica "will not let go" of the blanket reading that article?

I know a lot people don't agree with this, but I believe LE did not start handling this as a possible criminal investigation until 3 days after he was reported missing. At first, it was simply handled as a search and rescue - a child lost in the wilderness. IMO

There was the point on the Sunday, July 13 when they suspended the volunteer search and "opened the investigation to include all possibilities." http://legacy.ktvb.com/story/news/l...-year-old-continues-in-lemhi-county/30058523/

LE would have taken his actual blanket by the time of the interview, to test it for blood or whatever. If V meant to say that it was the actual blanket and not a replica, then either he was lying or LE were not doing their job properly. I know which I think is more likely. DDK was probably just repeating what he had been told by the parents about it being the actual blanket.

LE did take the blanket later on. It's here in the forum somewhere. Hopefully someone will come along and remember more.

Just listened to the part on the interview about the blanket and its no wonder we are confused. Here is his exact words. Interpret it however we feel at the time I guess. LOL

"this is an exact replica of a security blanket (slight pause) for everybody (slight pause) this is his actual blanket he does not go anywhere without it"

Its near very end of interview if people want to listen
13:50 mark

I think he misused the word replica. It's a Vernalizm. He meant epitome. This is how I interpret it: "This is the epitome of a security blanket for everybody. This is his actual blanket he does not go anywhere without it" IMO

ETA: Of course, he could have been lying.

His comment on the blanket...

I think he means it isn't technically a "security blanket" but it's Deorr's version of a security blanket. And that blanket IS his blanket.

I know a lot people don't agree with this, but I believe LE did not start handling this as a possible criminal investigation until 3 days after he was reported missing. At first, it was simply handled as a search and rescue - a child lost in the wilderness. IMO

There was the point on the Sunday, July 13 when they suspended the volunteer search and "opened the investigation to include all possibilities." http://legacy.ktvb.com/story/news/l...-year-old-continues-in-lemhi-county/30058523/

I agree.

I think they really had the Sheriff fooled in the very beginning. I am not sure when Sheriff and others started to wonder about things but I do think he was fooled by them in the very beginning.

Or its possible that even if they may have suspected they could be lied to maybe as police protocol they have to go ahead and call in all the resources to look for him even if they think they are being lied to.

Anyway, how did 3 persons (one of 3) something deadly to little Deorr without the presence of the 4th person?? Did IR an early-morning-counting of minnows at the creek and some meters above a child died silently and was hidden and when IR came back, there were 3 lying adults minus 1 toddler?

Just listened to the part on the interview about the blanket and its no wonder we are confused. Here is his exact words. Interpret it however we feel at the time I guess. LOL

"this is an exact replica of a security blanket (slight pause) for everybody (slight pause) this is his actual blanket he does not go anywhere without it"

[video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]

My belief is that is the actual blanket that Deorr carried around. It was left behind at the campsite & that is why they were so adamant that he must've been taken, because he wouldn't wander off without it.
The use of the word replica- VK was trying to use impressive words for the big tv interview. He has no idea that replica means the opposite of what he is trying to communicate. He is a moron in way over his head.
Watching that interview again, these people act like they are auditioning for a reality show. They are playing out their roles.
It is especially dark that they wouldn't let him keep his blankie. It is a very comforting thought for parents with dying children to include comfort items in the casket. They are heartless.
I also agree with the idea that it wasn't handled as a crime right off the bat, but why would it be? There is a wide allowance for expected behavior from parents in panic/crisis. I wonder what the final straw was on that third day that flipped this investigation?

(Hi Hatfield :wave: Thanks for posting, marking my spot.)

I agree.

I think they really had the Sheriff fooled in the very beginning. I am not sure when Sheriff and others started to wonder about things but I do think he was fooled by them in the very beginning.

Or its possible that even if they may have suspected they could be lied to maybe as police protocol they have to go ahead and call in all the resources to look for him even if they think they are being lied to.

I don't see it as having the Sheriff fooled, as much as it being a rural area and most of the missing persons cases that the local LE and SAR handle are people getting lost in the wilderness. They jumped into SAR mode because that is what they were used to doing. When he wasn't found in those first few days and the stories started to no add up, they realized this was something more.

I wonder who the female was in the background of that interview? It sounded like she was trying to add her two cents worth but I never heard clearly what she was saying.

My belief is that is the actual blanket that Deorr carried around. It was left behind at the campsite & that is why they were so adamant that he must've been taken, because he wouldn't wander off without it.
The use of the word replica- VK was trying to use impressive words for the big tv interview. He has no idea that replica means the opposite of what he is trying to communicate. He is a moron in way over his head.
Watching that interview again, these people act like they are auditioning for a reality show. They are playing out their roles.
It is especially dark that they wouldn't let him keep his blankie. It is a very comforting thought for parents with dying children to include comfort items in the casket. They are heartless.
I also agree with the idea that it wasn't handled as a crime right off the bat, but why would it be? There is a wide allowance for expected behavior from parents in panic/crisis. I wonder what the final straw was on that third day that flipped this investigation?

It's hard for me to believe that LE wouldn't have taken DeOrr's blankie. (That's why I assumed the blankie JM was holding really was a replica.) But I guess if it wasn't being looked at as a crime at first, maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In SB's defense, not that he necessarily needs it, but you get a phone call about a missing kid in the woods and that's what you're going to go in thinking, that's how you're going to treat the case. And most of the time, that's what you're going to get. In this case, it happened to be a missing kid call that wasn't what it seemed. I don't fault him for not immediately suspecting the parents of harming their child.

I think he misused the word replica. It's a Vernalizm. He meant epitome. This is how I interpret it: "This is the epitome of a security blanket for everybody. This is his actual blanket he does not go anywhere without it" IMO

ETA: Of course, he could have been lying.

After listening to it again I agree with your interpretation.

What I found interesting is where he throws in "for everybody"
Its almost like he was very aware of the public audience he was talking to and he wanted to be sure people hear what he was telling
(true or not)

I think it's going to be difficult to figure out exactly what this means, for two reasons:

He's not the brightest guy.

He's a lying liar who lies.

I wonder who the female was in the background of that interview? It sounded like she was trying to add her two cents worth but I never heard clearly what she was saying.

I'd give you three guesses, but you'll probably need just one. I'll say no more!

Of course LE have to take the parents' statements at face value and conduct a huge search... They can't just say, well I thought they were lying so we didn't bother to search. But I think the behaviour of these two would have set off LE'S hinky meters right away. I know they're only a small department, but they have seen enough liars and murderers to not be easily fooled, imo.

The only thing is, I don't think they would have had the resources to have someone watch the parents 24/7 from the start - unless they brought in extra officers from elsewhere?

I agree.

IMO LE was leery at the beginning, but started really wondering when Vernal became so fascinated in watching the helicopter and divers and all that fancy tech stuff, that he forgot to act like a grieving father. In the interview when Vernal is describing S&R, you'd think he was talking about a Monster Truck Rally he recently attended. He's almost giddy with excitement.

I agree.

BBM this one.

I think any responsible Sheriff knows that a "lost child" can be something else these days, and keep that in the back of their minds while running a SAR for the child. No way these parents are smarter than any of the LE involved in this case. IMO

I believe that person in the background MAY be Jessica's mom, Trina. JMO. Not that I want to open up this can of worms, again, but she mentions the stolen EMT bag and that it should be addressed. Yeah, no it shouldn't.

IMO LE was leery at the beginning, but started really wondering when Vernal became so fascinated in watching the helicopter and divers and all that fancy tech stuff, that he forgot to act like a grieving father. In the interview when Vernal is describing S&R, you'd think he was talking about a Monster Truck Rally he recently attended. He's almost giddy with excitement.

So in Vernal's mind, this was the "performance" that was required but unbeknownst to him it actually made LE go from hinky to big red X going off above his head?

In SB's defense, not that he necessarily needs it, but you get a phone call about a missing kid in the woods and that's what you're going to go in thinking, that's how you're going to treat the case. And most of the time, that's what you're going to get. In this case, it happened to be a missing kid call that wasn't what it seemed. I don't fault him for not immediately suspecting the parents of harming their child.

I don't fault anyone at all. I also don't know that the blankie was NOT taken by LE as evidence or for any other reason. Maybe not as soon as 7/13 though?

DK sounded relieved in the first interview that officer Dave (Morelli) was the one to show up on the scene. There have been rumblings since the beginning that he might have been familiar with the family. If so, that might have furthered any assumption at first that it was a straight up missing kid incident.

Although it wasn't long before SB was saying drone shots were being taken in case it went to court. So I think they caught on pretty quickly that something was amiss. (Looking for that link.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member