ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Klein meant that they said the man at the gas station had a dog in the back of his truck. And then when they interviewed that man, he said he never had a dog.
In spite of the fact that we greatly appreciate Klein's up front speech and release of information, I think sometimes he does tend to take a statement and then "blow it out of the water".

FWIW, That is also how I interpreted Klein's statement about the dog in a truck. And I completely agree that Klein tends to over dramatize things. He has an odd way of speaking.

I thought Klein meant that they said the man at the gas station had a dog in the back of his truck. And then when they interviewed that man, he said he never had a dog.
In spite of the fact that we greatly appreciate Klein's up front speech and release of information, I think sometimes he does tend to take a statement and then "blow it out of the water".

Here is the context:

Klein: We can’t even match simple things like filling up with gas at a diesel store in Leadore on the day of the event. He clearly says that the gentleman who was pumping the gas actually saw the child. We interviewed the guy who had supposedly seen the child and he comes back and says, ‘I don’t remember seeing a child.’

Simple things like a dog in the back of the pickup – there was no dog.

Little things that investigators look at as simple things Vernal has not been able to verify with us.

To me, it seems like VDK was saying the dog was in the back of his pickup truck and a witness said there was no dog in his truck, but I guess it's not clear...

Yes, and it's like a tactic because a dog is a replica of a pet dog and you take that pet dog because you don't want to lose the signal and sometimes you just haul around and try to get the signal, or the dog, and then you feel so blessed because you got it right away but then you really didn't because expensive Jeep Rubicon but there's still that replica of a Jeep and a blanket too and then you can't ...

Wait, sorry, I got Vernaled away.

I remember hearing something vague about a dog early on -- was a dog actually with them? Because the average dog would bark at a stranger walking up to the campsite. That would have done at least a little damage to their kidnapping scenario.

There were supposedly two dogs at the campsite, so yeah, a bit more challenging for the baby snatcher (as if the remote campsite and presence of four adults didn't make it challenging enough...).

Random thoughts, once again. When JM made her 911 call, the operator asked her if her husband was calling too. Could that have actually been GGP? The operator may have assumed that it was VK because it was a male on the phone.
Did VK go hauling down the road just to supposedly get a better signal or was he getting rid of something too, such as an unregistered firearm? Not that I necessarily think there was a shooting, but it's been all about self preservation with these two. JMO.

This is what I'm thinking. It would be completely logical that someone would have had a gun/guns on a camping trip in a remote area, with the apparent abundance of mountain lions (that's what I hear, anyway [emoji57]). Yet, no mentions of any guns. Like, "hey! No guns here. No one shot anything. Didn't even have one. But we had a DOG INSTEAD. For protection from mountain lions, etc."

ETA - for clarification...

That is the only reason I can think of for lying about having a dog with them, is if he got rid of a gun and was preemptively trying to explain why they didn't even have a gun or need one there for protection...because they had brought their guard dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it was. In the first parental interview, didn't Vernal talk about a "replica" of his favorite blanket?

He said it's an exact replica of a security blanket. He's not too bright so he misused the term replica. I guess he meant epitomy or some such word.

One of the many things I've wondered about. Does JM's face appear to be sunburned in the first video? It made me think that something happened to Deorr with the heat.

RSBM

Curious... were there ANY photos taken of DeOrr Jr. on this trip ? I'm guessing not. :(
IMO

Because they are liars, and liars lie. Most likely to send LE on yet another wild goose chase.

It could also be as simple as a KIC investigator asking if the dog was in the back of the cab at the gas station (wondering if someone might have thought a dog could have been a toddler) and DK saying no, the dog was in the back of the truck. Then whoever saw the truck said there was no dog in the back. So DK changed and said the dog actually must have been in the cab. Then the witness said, nope, no dog in the cab. So DK said, oh we must have left him at the campsite...and so on and so on.

It could also be as simple as a KIC investigator asking if the dog was in the back of the cab at the gas station (wondering if someone might have thought a dog could have been a toddler) and DK saying no, the dog was in the back of the truck. Then whoever saw the truck said there was no dog in the back. So DK changed and said the dog actually must have been in the cab. Then the witness said, nope, no dog in the cab. So DK said, oh we must have left him at the campsite...and so on and so on.

I believe it's called BS baffles brains.:scared:

In regards to toddlers I can totally understand why someone would have multiple versions of an item. My daughter is fanatical about having certain items available at random times. As a protection for our sanity we've purchased multiple items in duplicate. I can't walk more than 20 feet in my house without seeing a princess wand, tiara, or Yo Gabba Gabba character, it's like a bad scene from the Matrix.

I LOVE this post!!!! Totally off-topic, but this made we want to get ANOTHER one of my blue leopard face fleece blankets. And DARN if it's not available on Amazon, leaving THIS as an alternative: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PUMPZOO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00 Grrrrr.

In any case, it would be weird if she was carrying a replica of the blanket that Deorr hadn't even slept with . . . as if . ..the REAL blanket was with him . . . (buried)

RSBM

Curious... were there ANY photos taken of DeOrr Jr. on this trip ? I'm guessing not. :(
IMO

I asked that a while back and was practically eviscerated. But I think it's interesting and important, given uber-narcissistic Gen Y insistence on documenting every moment of their lives. (And in a totally different case, Colton's, smiling and cuddling with a visibly abused child.)

How would the area enable her to lie a lot? I don't understand...

Nothing "enables" her to lie a lot. But, I believe the area, without getting into any religious stuff, might/could influence the way this case is/was handled.

Perhaps if one goes back to read the first or second threads in this case, one might get a better perspective, or not.

In any case, just a fleeting thought of mine and my opinion only. ;)

OR VDK needed to have had someone see him and DeOrr somewhere and LE told him that someone saw a man and child fitting their description at a store but the witness said there was a dog with the man and boy and VDK latched on to it and said, "Oh, yeah! That was me!" like he has been known to do before.

And then of course LE eventually runs down that sighting and discovers it wasn't them at all, and VDK is caught in another lie.

Yes, and it's like a tactic because a dog is a replica of a pet dog and you take that pet dog because you don't want to lose the signal and sometimes you just haul around and try to get the signal, or the dog, and then you feel so blessed because you got it right away but then you really didn't because expensive Jeep Rubicon but there's still that replica of a Jeep and a blanket too and then you can't ...

I remember hearing something vague about a dog early on -- was a dog actually with them? Because the average dog would bark at a stranger walking up to the campsite. That would have done at least a little damage to their kidnapping scenario.

Well I just spit diet coke on my desk! :goodpost:
I think a lot of the confusion is coming from the different versions of events that LE and PI have been given to try and investigate. In the video of the full interview yesterday Klein looked like he was just absolutely fed up with running in circles. As aggravating as it has been for all of us to try and make heads or tails of the information in this case LE is probably doing the same.
Dog, no dog, dog in the truck or in the back, GGP dog, JM dog, - I brought up dogs a while ago because to me, it is WEIRD to go out into the backcountry areas of Idaho mountains without a dog because there are Mountain Lions.
Why these people cannot manage to tell a straight story about the simplest things is infuriating. I don't know how LE has kept their cool this whole time.
The parents are lying about EVERYTHING. JM has played the scared card, but the only thing she is scared of is prison.

I LOVE this post!!!! Totally off-topic, but this made we want to get ANOTHER one of my blue leopard face fleece blankets. And DARN if it's not available on Amazon, leaving THIS as an alternative: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PUMPZOO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00 Grrrrr.

In any case, it would be weird if she was carrying a replica of the blanket that Deorr hadn't even slept with . . . as if . ..the REAL blanket was with him . . . (buried)

You gotta understand how ugly a kid can get if they don't have their "blankie". If you have a spare, FGS, bring it with you. I'm mom to 6 and only the last one had a blanket fetish and she took the (one of the two) on her honeymoon.

SABBM

:lol: Made me snicker ! :)
There's nothing vaguely 'funny' about any of this... but some of the actions of the suspects are pathetic, yet hilarious. It's like you have to take a moment, and laugh a little.
Some of the comments here are cracking me up !

As to the dog(s) that were with the original four -- is that correct ? In all of this, I'd forgotten about the dogs.

Years ago on a news site, there was an article about a man out walking, and his dog alerted him to a shallow grave where some remains were visible.
Since this was obviously an untrained animal that found the deceased person, I'm wondering if a dog with the group in this case would've acted in an unusual manner ? As in, frantically barking or whatever ?
My opinion is that even a pet will sometimes react when they know something is amiss ?

:moo:

RSBM

IMO

I asked that a while back and was practically eviscerated. But I think it's interesting and important, given uber-narcissistic Gen Y insistence on documenting every moment of their lives. (And in a totally different case, Colton's, smiling and cuddling with a visibly abused child.)

BBM

Klein Q & A: Bella's Friends FB Page
2-2-16

Q: Had they taken pictures or video with their cellphones up at the campground before the disappearance? or made calls to anybody?

A: Klein Investigations and Consulting
No comment.

You gotta understand how ugly a kid can get if they don't have their "blankie". If you have a spare, FGS, bring it with you. I'm mom to 6 and only the last one had a blanket fetish and she took the (one of the two) on her honeymoon.

I have 4 kids. My second didn't have a blankie. Nope. She had to bring our tv remote everywhere. She slept with it, carried it around, had to have it in the grocery. We even had to take the stupid thing on vacation to Disney World. And it had to be the Samsung tv remote for the living room tv. Talk about embarrassing... Her throwing a fit, screaming "A-mote!" if we forgot it and having to tell people what it was she was screaming about. Kids are weird.

FWIW, That is also how I interpreted Klein's statement about the dog in a truck. And I completely agree that Klein tends to over dramatize things. He has an odd way of speaking.

They ALL, each and every one we have been in able to quote, have an ODD way of speaking. This is an ODD case.

In my opinion

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-baby-willow-search-body-20160301-story.html
Slightly off topic, but relevant enough. The prosecutor discusses the difficulty of homicide charges without a body or a confession. Granted this woman is locked up now, on charges of neglect & endangerment I believe. The comparison the Casey Anthony is there too, but remember she "got off" when tried and they found Caylee's body! She had created such a bunch of confusion that that the jury pool was hopeless. I think they are officially leaving these parents out in the world but watching them like a hawk because they are going to make a mistake. And when they do that mistake will be the cherry on the prosecutions cake.
If LE thought they were a danger to society or to themselves they would be locked up. They were just dangerous to that baby. They have family surrounding them in total denial, which is annoying but it is also creating a false sense of security, increasing the likelihood of careless mistakes. It might be watch and wait until whatever evidence that IR has given has been "vetted" and the thaw is out. Here in the Idaho valley areas it is a beautiful sunny day and 50 degrees. Leadore is supposed to get up to 39 today, and be around 40+ through the next week. It is still snowing up there, but 40 degree weather means that it is melting faster. Plus the ground is warming. This time next month JM and DK will be facing some pretty serious truths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298