ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspects in the Deorr Kunz disappearance case have been named
By Morgan Wagner, KBOI Wednesday, March 2nd 2016

Former Idaho Attorney General, David Leroy said it's only been within the last 100 years, that we've seen changes brought against people for murder when a body hasn't been found. But he says when looking at the evidence in Deorr Junior's case, it's hard to build a case until the toddler's body is found.

Video at link

Maybe he meant a duplicate?

Agree.

I am guessing it is fairly common to have 2 exact same "blankies" that were bought at the same time for a child. Parents know one is always going to be with the child and getting dirty so they have the other one clean and ready to swap out when the other one gets too dirty.

Since the interview with the news was almost a week later ? I think JM asked one of her relatives to bring up the other blankie so she could have it for the interview.

I think JM realized that 2nd "blankie" was now going to be HER security blanket to protect her from the evil LE and evil public. Whenever the questions got too hard, she can whip out the blanket for sympathy and get the pressure off. And I have to admit her plan worked on me when I first watched the video of the interview. I felt sorry for her clutching the security blanket.

I do think they buried the boy with his other blankie.

Who is Klein & who is he working for? Is he lead investigator in Deorr's case? I thought he was a PI? Wouldn't a PI be working for the family & be hired by them? What do LE say about all this info. i wonder, and does this Klein guy work closely with LE on this case?

BBM - do we even know who hired Klein?

I thought I'd read that it was VDK's dad that hired, and that he was paid for from public donations? Can't track a link right now so take it for what you will.

I would hope that if the actual blanket was found in the pickup on day one it was confiscated by LE?

I think a scenario about the blanket could go like this:

1, Found and confiscated by LE on Friday or Saturday
2, Parents return to IF ~Sunday night/Monday morning
3, Takes a second blanket from home to the interview with EIN

This assumes two things: LE recovered a blanket at the campsite and the parents had a second blanket.

As in "signed the contract" or "paid"?

It was paid for by public donations...no idea if the family chipped in....

I believe little DeOrr's grandfather Dennis DeOrr Kunz signed the contract. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-baby-willow-search-body-20160301-story.html
Slightly off topic, but relevant enough. The prosecutor discusses the difficulty of homicide charges without a body or a confession. Granted this woman is locked up now, on charges of neglect & endangerment I believe. The comparison the Casey Anthony is there too, but remember she "got off" when tried and they found Caylee's body! She had created such a bunch of confusion that that the jury pool was hopeless. I think they are officially leaving these parents out in the world but watching them like a hawk because they are going to make a mistake. And when they do that mistake will be the cherry on the prosecutions cake.
If LE thought they were a danger to society or to themselves they would be locked up. They were just dangerous to that baby. They have family surrounding them in total denial, which is annoying but it is also creating a false sense of security, increasing the likelihood of careless mistakes. It might be watch and wait until whatever evidence that IR has given has been "vetted" and the thaw is out. Here in the Idaho valley areas it is a beautiful sunny day and 50 degrees. Leadore is supposed to get up to 39 today, and be around 40+ through the next week. It is still snowing up there, but 40 degree weather means that it is melting faster. Plus the ground is warming. This time next month JM and DK will be facing some pretty serious truths.

:goodpost:

You could be right about LE waiting until they get more on them.

I hope they have their phones tapped and have a GPS monitor in their vehicles. If they get anywhere near that mountain they need to be watched.

In the meantime though I think the FBI should proceed with charges for lying to the FBI if they can prove the lies.

If the FBI cannot prove the lie, then FBI needs to call them back in for questioning and have a way to prove they are being lied to. Using other witnesses or such.
It should not be hard for FBI to get solid proof of them being lied to since practically everything they tell about the camping trip is a falsehood.

I believe little DeOrr's grandfather Dennis DeOrr Kunz signed the contract. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

If you read all the comments in Klines FB, there is talk about it and the person actually replied in one spot. I think it was a female and people were talking about it in the comments. Its buried in the comments further down. I read all the comments and it took awhile to get through them all.

I may be wrong but I think it was her mom.

2 unrelated things churning around in my head:

1) ALL conversations by POIs/suspects with either LE or Klein would be tape-recorded, right? I'd assume so.

2) Was just thinking about the Friday Search and Rescue event...soooo many people, including FAMILY!!! So, that means, they were even lying to family, right?
I think it's common for interviews with any witness or POI to be recorded. In my experience, that was true, with regular le and the FBI.

BBM - that's what I wondered about. I know who paid the tab.

If/since Dennis DeOrr Kunz hired Klein, I wonder what he thinks about this. He didn't seem too happy when SB named VDK and JM suspects. Does anyone have any info on his feelings right now?

Oy vey, after reading another post I'm now wondering who did hire/employ Klein. Does anyone know for SURE?

Yes, and it's like a tactic because a dog is a replica of a pet dog and you take that pet dog because you don't want to lose the signal and sometimes you just haul around and try to get the signal, or the dog, and then you feel so blessed because you got it right away but then you really didn't because expensive Jeep Rubicon but there's still that replica of a Jeep and a blanket too and then you can't ...

Wait, sorry, I got Vernaled away.

I remember hearing something vague about a dog early on -- was a dog actually with them? Because the average dog would bark at a stranger walking up to the campsite. That would have done at least a little damage to their kidnapping scenario.
This post just about killed me while I was eating toast! TOO FUNNY! Thank you, I needed this today!

I would hope that if the actual blanket was found in the pickup on day one it was confiscated by LE?

I think a scenario about the blanket could go like this:

1, Found and confiscated by LE on Friday or Saturday
2, Parents return to IF ~Sunday night/Monday morning
3, Takes a second blanket from home to the interview with EIN

This assumes two things: LE recovered a blanket at the campsite and the parents had a second blanket.

I am under the impression that it was Deorr's actual blanket that she was holding during the interview. Unless the paternal grandfather is also a liar. http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks

While Mitchell, 25, continues to wait for any news, she clutches her son's baby blue blanket, which he left behind.

"The blanket was in the truck, so Jessica now has got that blanket and she will not let go of it. She holds it, smells it, loves it," Kunz says. "It's the only attachment she has to that boy right now."

He said it's an exact replica of a security blanket. He's not too bright so he misused the term replica. I guess he meant epitomy or some such word.

Yes, we discussed this and most came to the conclusion that the blanket she was holding was indeed Deorr's blanket. Vernal's misuses the word replica when he actually meant epitomy. They told us that all they had left of Deorr were his blanket, monkey and sippy cups which were left in the truck.

It actually turns my stomach to watch her fondling his blanket during their interview. How does she rationalize her actions? She plays the victim so well.

Yes, we discussed this and most came to the conclusion that the blanket she was holding was indeed Deorr's blanket. Vernal's misuses the word replica when he actually meant epitomy. They told us that all they had left of Deorr were his blanket, monkey and sippy cups which were left in the truck.

It actually turns my stomach to watch her fondling his blanket during their interview. How does she rationalize her actions? She plays the victim so well.

I will have to replay the interview but I could have sworn he made it sound like the blanket she had was not the exact one the boy had while at the campground.

I hate to listen to that interview again but I need to relisten to that part. I think we are all disgusted with that interview and we don't want to have to relisten to it.

I am under the impression that it was Deorr's actual blanket that she was holding during the interview. Unless the paternal grandfather is also a liar. http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks

While Mitchell, 25, continues to wait for any news, she clutches her son's baby blue blanket, which he left behind.

"The blanket was in the truck, so Jessica now has got that blanket and she will not let go of it. She holds it, smells it, loves it," Kunz says. "It's the only attachment she has to that boy right now."

I'm surprised by this. I wonder why LE didn't take the blanket even if for just scenting the dogs?

I also wonder if there are any other reasons why Jessica "will not let go" of the blanket reading that article?

LE would have taken his actual blanket by the time of the interview, to test it for blood or whatever. If V meant to say that it was the actual blanket and not a replica, then either he was lying or LE were not doing their job properly. I know which I think is more likely. DDK was probably just repeating what he had been told by the parents about it being the actual blanket.

Just listened to the part on the interview about the blanket and its no wonder we are confused. Here is his exact words. Interpret it however we feel at the time I guess. LOL

"this is an exact replica of a security blanket (slight pause) for everybody (slight pause) this is his actual blanket he does not go anywhere without it"

Its near very end of interview if people want to listen
13:50 mark

[video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics