ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I quite like Klein. I hear sincerity in his voice and I see honesty and kindness in his eyes. I think he does a good job of conveying his point and don't have any trouble understanding what he is saying. I suppose this could be because I'm from somewhere in the deep south myself though.:thinking:

Bless your little ole heart.

Am I the only person who doesn't take a picture of everything I do? Why is everyone thinking that no camping photos = no DeOrr?

ETA - Is it because I don't have kids?

I agree with you that's why I'm a bit skeptical at this point as to whether we have actually moved along in the investigation. What he said riled people up but when you pare it down, he really didn't do anything but repeat what SB has said and put a spin on JMs answer to a much asked question. I also wondered why he removed that from the page but I find it so strange that he wouldn't ask for LEs approval prior to making a press release of that nature. Essentially, he made a much hated woman more hated.
...in an attempt to move things along imo...just reading between the lines.

Wow! Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I quite like Klein. I hear sincerity in his voice and I see honesty and kindness in his eyes. I think he does a good job of conveying his point and don't have any trouble understanding what he is saying. I suppose this could be because I'm from somewhere in the deep south myself though.:thinking:

I love Klein also. I don't feel he is a glory hound or speaking out of school with the statements he's given. He genuinely seems to respect the local LE and I imagine that he has given them some idea about what info he is going to release. Having him give updates is also keeping people off the local Sheriff departments necks and I'm positive they like that. I have no trouble understanding his spoken words he sounds like James Earl Jones compared to VDK's rapid fire, staccato, ravings.

I also agree with DatelineFan about the picture issue. The family was only on the mountain for a little while before Deorr met his demise. It seems like he probably died early in the morning so perhaps there wasn't time to take pictures?

Am I the only person who doesn't take a picture of everything I do? Why is everyone thinking that no camping photos = no DeOrr?

ETA - Is it because I don't have kids?

You're not alone. I am 47, have a 10-year-old boy, and I actually got so caught up in the moment this last x-mas that I didn't think to get out my camera and take pics in the AM until it was too late. Usually dad is the historian, but he was recovering from open heart surgery. I still feel bad about it! X-mas 2015 doesn't exist in pics. Otherwise I think I am a pretty good mom!! Sometimes pics don't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeeek! How can something that sounds so heinous be consider an "accident?" Klein said in his interview with EIN yesterday that there was either a homicide or an accidental death and he was leaning more towards an accident at this point.

Would most people be more in-Kleined to confess to an accident or a homicide?

I'm behind in reading, but wanted to post this, if it hasn't been already.

Thank you S.B. for responding.

SB: I don't have a comment at this time. We're trying to keep his investigation separate from ours. We do believe there are a couple other options out there on what happened. Both Vernal and Jessica are still suspects.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/idaho/investigator-lawyer-sound-off-on-kunz-cas/65018463

From your link:

"Klein says the constant lying isn't the only thing that raised red flags, there's physical evidence as well.

"There was a cadaver dog, that nobody knew about, that did hit on a piece of equipment that was at the mountain," Klein said.

Klein says Isaac Reinwand, who was at the campsite the day the toddler went missing, has also come forward with new information.

"This includes verification of some cell phone pings, this includes some ground operation cell phone signal and also some recordings that were made," Klein said."

Hmm, an unknown cadaver dog and cell phone pings. It's late and I'm off to bed. Hope it becomes clearer in the am.

Me too. I appreciate Klein very much.

Oh no, I am if'y, but last night when he lst introduced a cadavor hit, I thought maybe he made some kind of reference to the area, but your right it sounded like at the campsite, but SB does talk about the hit & the 3 mile area. I expressed interest in it to try to narrow the area down. I went back to what Bowerman said on Tricia's Radio Show:

11:10
Bessie: Right, I remember you telling us the last time. One of the other questions that comes up a lot is about the dog searches and the cadaver dogs, and we know that they were thrown off by the cremains in the reservoir, but before or after that did the…did either the scent dogs or the cadaver dogs alert or show any, you know, find anything that was relevant?

11:43
SB: You know, we had a couple alerts you know that were just kind of, we consider nothing major, but um a dog reacts unusual in a certain area and so we put more dogs in there and none of the other dogs alerted so, um…you know. Actually, it’s been not real positive from having those dogs in there. We didn’t have anything that really led us to a certain place within our 3 mile radius.

So maybe that campsite is the it place????

Well that is sure a sheriff holding his cards close to the vest, isn't it? And I don't blame him at all for being ambiguous. I think he has tried to do right by little DeOrr (and therefore the investigation) throughout this whole ordeal. More power to him.

Would most people be more in-Kleined to confess to an accident or a homicide?

I think it would depend on who committed the homicide. I also think some people use the word "accident" loosely. Just to clarify I would consider a beating going too far to be a homicide.

I'm behind in reading, but wanted to post this, if it hasn't been already.

Thank you S.B. for responding.

SB: I don't have a comment at this time. We're trying to keep his investigation separate from ours. We do believe there are a couple other options out there on what happened. Both Vernal and Jessica are still suspects.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/idaho/investigator-lawyer-sound-off-on-kunz-cas/65018463

I wonder what SB's "other options" could be if VDK and JM are still suspects?

Just an observation... It seems to me that a very wise strategy right now would be to turn VDK and JM against one another. If anything could do that, it would be leaking the fact that JM has admitted that DeOrr is deceased, and implying that she has confessed to being afraid of VDK.

If JM is afraid of someone, I personally would think it is GGP.

Morning all, it's a beautiful sunny (but chilly) day here today after months of grey drizzle, wind and some rather pathetic snow. Even though I'm over 4000 miles away I imagine Idaho is starting to have similar days as Spring springs and I'm hopeful searchers can get out there soon as we clearly need to find DeOrr to get this case moving forward.

I also want to hear what LE thinks about Klein's recent statements, I don't see any reason why Klein would say such bold things if they weren't true but I don't like the Sheriff's silence on this. Frankly I'm staggered (and actually pretty irritated) that if it IS true Jessica admitted knowing where he is, and a cadaver dog DID find body fluid markers, that these two parents are still walking the streets.

I don't like it and I don't get it. Feeling frustrated.

:waiting:

Why is Klein putting this info on telly?

Seems most unprofessional

Why is Klein putting this info on telly?

Seems most unprofessional

I'm hoping it's with the blessing of LE, some kind of tactical manoeuvre to say what everyone wants to but without bringing the police investigation into it. This is why I want LE to confirm what he has said, either way. It's a dealbreaker for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tased×20