ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - # 25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You bring up some really good points in your post. Normally when discussing & remembering about a child and all the funny things they have done and all their little things that are forming their character can be a very sore point if you have a deceased child. Initially from my own personal experience of losing an adult child it was a long time before i could even talk about the really good memories of him. What was first & foremost in my mind was the shock of his sudden death.
I don't know with JM & VDK and it depends on what they know & are thinking happened to Deorr. Even if Deorr had a fatal accident and are covering that up, and they are not monsters as some of the parents that have caused their child to disappear they would still have to be grieving to an extent IMO.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I understand what you are saying to an extent. But the context is different. In both the first and the last interview, they contended that someone may have taken him. They wanted people to look for him. I would think their motivation to talk about him to give people an idea of him would be greater than their need to save their own feelings. JMO

If they buried him, I cannot believe they wouldn't have wrapped him in his blanket. That is awful to even write... Is it possible he had two blankets and that's why VDK was getting his words all tangled up when he spoke about the blanket? I'm hoping that DeOrr does have one of his blankets with him, wherever he is. :-(
I can only hope that they left DeOrr with at least one of his comforts in his little life. His blanket, his cup and his monkey. Maybe one of the little cars he loved. Sweet little boy.

Wasn't it reported by Klein that the first 911 call came from GGP phone? I'm all over the place with this case. I feel like JM is a total cold fish & that this whole situation has been significantly accelerated by her. Whether accidental or neglectful or maliciously, I feel in my gut that she took a mess & masterminded a disaster. JMO

BBM
Klein Investigations and Consulting
There were three 911 calls which are public - 14:22, 14:26 and 14:28 hours on the 10th. January 11 at 5:25pm
https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvest...37132659702652

Bella's Friends Q&A session.
BOS: Who made the 3rd phone call to 911. Was there a disposable phone in the hands of anyone while camping?

Klein Investigations and Consulting There were three calls made to 911. First, Vernal. Second, Jessica. Third, the grandfather.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...0#post12341730

Exactly. I want to hear, from them, about their child on the trip from IF to Leadore and the campground. I finished listening to their interviews again. There was almost nothing about him during those times.
In the first interview, they said "He was playing." "He was getting ready for his nap." That's it. Nothing in the other interviews. Isn't that strange, or is it just me? Shouldn't they have said something about what he was doing, how he was acting, if he was happy or excited? If he was sleepng, cranky, difficult, why not say that? So, for me, that is one of the big red flags helping me believe they were responsible for his disappearance.

Because you know how the saying goes---if they don't say it, you can't say it for them. ;)

It is not just you. I am wondering so much about who this little boy was, his whole life & on this trip.

I can only hope that they left DeOrr with at least one of his comforts in his little life. His blanket, his cup and his monkey. Maybe one of the little cars he loved. Sweet little boy.

I am reminded of a less than scrupulous relative. At the burial preparations of an elderly relative we decided she would be buried wearing her special jewelery- wedding ring and such. All this person could go on about was how stupid it was to "bury all of that money". There wasn't a financially pressing issue that requires we scrimp on every dime, but this person- scum of the earth. Wouldn't surprise me to hear he'd dug up his own mother for a pawn ticket.
Sometimes people are incomprehensibly selfish.

I'll tell you why. She is an immature person heavily burdened with projected responsibility from a very young age. She has poor impulse control and is experiencing the first time of freedom she has ever had. She went from child to mother & now is neither. She is the fiancé of her apparent dream guy. She can play up the big victim/0ity party card, she is no longer holding up the responsibilities of mothering or working for a living. Why wouldn't she go out & spend $100 on herself for a big expressive piercing? She is sowing her oats. I hope she snags her face on something.

Yep. You said it better than I did. She's moving on.

BBM
Klein Investigations and Consulting
There were three 911 calls which are public - 14:22, 14:26 and 14:28 hours on the 10th. January 11 at 5:25pm
https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvest...37132659702652

Bella's Friends Q&A session.
BOS: Who made the 3rd phone call to 911. Was there a disposable phone in the hands of anyone while camping?

Klein Investigations and Consulting There were three calls made to 911. First, Vernal. Second, Jessica. Third, the grandfather.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...0#post12341730
I can't thank posts on my phone, but thank you

This latest interview has me kind of worried that VDK and JM are feeling confident that they won't be charged in DeOrr's death. They seemed a bit flippant - criticizing LE and the public and acting like they were victims. It's interesting that they didn't mention the upcoming searches after the snow melts. I wonder if they are worried.

Surly IR was some what coherence.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

It has nothing to do with being coherent it has to do with being normal. A normal person wouldn't assume a child is deceased if the child's parents told you they were sleeping. Not to throw all men under the bus but if they are child free they don't usually have their maternal radar on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they buried him, I cannot believe they wouldn't have wrapped him in his blanket. That is awful to even write... Is it possible he had two blankets and that's why VDK was getting his words all tangled up when he spoke about the blanket? I'm hoping that DeOrr does have one of his blankets with him, wherever he is. :-(

I hope that too.
If there is only one blanket....maybe one or both of them decided it was better for them to have the blanket to add credence to their story, then for the baby to have it. :(

I think it takes a couple of hours for dogs to be able to smell death, not a couple of days.

I agree.

Because if it was a real accident then they really would have called 911 and there would be a boy present right in front of them.

If the boy died and they know what happened then they feel culpable in his death for some reason. I can see many possibles for this and one of them is no accident at all. They could have done something to the boy on purpose.
If flat out murder did not happen then some other manslaughter type accident is in order. Some sort of terrible negligence happened. Like drunk and ran over the boy or any number of other possibles including over medicating or leaving boy in car with either too hot or too cold at night.
Its hard to keep referring to this as an accident if they were culpable in any way and is hiding his death. I think it is just easier for us to think that way to be nice but it would mean they are criminally negligent at a minimum and also hiding a corpse at a minimum.

If Deorr was hurt by accident, I'm thinking it could be the failure to recognise the severity of injury and get help ASAP that might make them look bad. A head injury with a small child could not seem severe but, easily end in coma or death a few hours later.

This is such a perplexing case. We know from what LE have stated they think the know that the parents of Deorr know where he is & what happened to him because JM & VDK's stories are inconsistent and if you go by the poly's they are inconclusive, the ones we know about anyway.
We don't know what other evidence they have? Have LE actually stated that Deorr is deceased? I think LE also are maybe going with an accident as opposed to outright murder scenario, but i could be wrong.
I am not thinking they purposely murdered Deorr. In following some of the cases online i think there are cases where it is fairly obvious as to a child's fate, and that is what gets discovered, but in this case for me anyway not so much.
I think about cadaver dog evidence but i think so far we have only heard that cadaver dogs alerted to the Resevoir.
I know what Klein said about "equipment", but that hasn't been verified by LE to my knowledge?
I certainly hope that whatever happened to Deorr will be made known in due course, and that the rest of his family will have some type of closure.

BBM. Not true. The polys indicated deception by the parents. The parents both failed multiple polygraphs. You might want to go back a couple of threads and read the long discussion about the polys, all the way to the point where the sheriff clarified that the parents failed the polys. Nine polys. Failed. Not inconclusive, but failed. Nine of 'em.

I think, little Deorr got nothing of his beloved things because then it would look like a grave where he is buried. The parents wouldn't have the opportunity to claim, some abductor had buried him.

I think, little Deorr got nothing of his beloved things because then it would look like a grave where he is buried. The parents wouldn't have the opportunity to claim, some abductor had buried him.

Good point. Someone had mentioned that he had been playing with Hotwheels cars. I wonder if he had any with him (according to the most recent interview, he always had cars with him), in the pockets of the camo hoodie/jacket, let's say. If not, were they still at the campsite?

BBM. Not true. The polys indicated deception by the parents. The parents both failed multiple polygraphs. You might want to go back a couple of threads and read the long discussion about the polys, all the way to the point where the sheriff clarified that the parents failed the polys. Nine polys. Failed. Not inconclusive, but failed. Nine of 'em.

Can't thank you enough for properly framing the narrative.

I think those are very good possibilities .... it would not take much time to drive a mile or two and let the body roll down a steep embankment ... it would look like something that could have happened if the child really did wander away.

That is why I think the next search will be in the surrounding areas , not the campsite.

My fear is they disposed of him in a dumpster.

It has nothing to do with being coherent it has to do with being normal. A normal person wouldn't assume a child is deceased if the child's parents told you they were sleeping. Not to throw all men under the bus but if they are child free they don't usually have their maternal radar on.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but even the child-free have seen Weekend At Bernie's. Or read the news, watch Law & Order, etc. I would hope that a normal person would think it was pretty weird that the kid never "wakes up" all morning . . . when he had been "fast asleep" all the way there in the car (possible scenario). Now, let's say that he had sustained a head injury, or some sort of other injury . . not immediately fatal, but that led to death . . . a "normal" person might not be able to ascertain dangerous signs of lethargy, etc. I mean, if he was sitting quietly, holding a car, or barely able to hold onto it, when typically he would have been running around making "vroom vroom" noises with his car, IR and GGP wouldn't have known that . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381