ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the parents can't keep their stories straight then why are we even discussing versions of events? Statements from LE and PIs are only reflections of the parent's stories, so why bother?

If the parents can't keep their stories straight then why are we even discussing versions of events? Statements from LE and PIs are only reflections of the parent's stories, so why bother?

It's a good point, JMC! I think at this moment all we can do is hope DeOrr is found in a few weeks once everything has thawed out. Until then, unless the parents offer more information or LE gives us some breaking news, I think we're just going to stagnate here.

I do wonder if there's a bit of "even if they do find him now they'll never prove it was us".

Big. Massive. Uneasy. Peed Off. Sigh. :sigh:

So Vilt is 85th? On a scale of 100? Where do you rank the mountain lions? (Sorry- we've all got some comeuppance if that is what actually happened. Dear lord!)
I actually considered the theory that this little one was an imaginary child created to disappear solely to promote EIN/NE on a national news level. It was maybe 2 days after EIN was created that Deorr went missing. Who has benefitted the most from this? Aside from goodwill towards SB, it is NE. He's been on Nancy Grace, he's milked this for all its worth. Admittedly Deorr is a real little one & he really is gone, that theory is totally in line with the overall crazy level of the whole situation.

I think the mountain lion ranks quite a bit higher than Big Foot. Top 15, tbh, right up there with reservoir and creek. Sadly, the parents rank in the top 10 spots (accident, intentional, other).

I'm sure people have used the campground since July 10th. It is open from May 15th to October 15th, and to my knowledge it wasn't blocked or closed to the public after July 10th? With all the searchers and the family going up on weekends all summer and early fall, it's hard to think anything could be pristine. It sounds like the areas they want to search after the thaw might be within the previous search radius, too (although it's not clear, and I doubt they want anyone to know the area(s) they're interested in searching). Whatever evidence that might be left is worth preserving, though. I hope DeOrr is found soon.

It wasn't even closed to the public ON July 10...someone got up there with cremains to dump, for goodness sake. How does that happen???

It's a good point, JMC! I think at this moment all we can do is hope DeOrr is found in a few weeks once everything has thawed out. Until then, unless the parents offer more information or LE gives us some breaking news, I think we're just going to stagnate here.

I do wonder if there's a bit of "even if they do find him now they'll never prove it was us".

Big. Massive. Uneasy. Peed Off. Sigh. :sigh:

I'm sure that's what they are hoping & like you, I hope they're wrong.

I can't help but believe LE knows a lot more than they're disclosing (wisely) and have something to charge them with (which is why they are POI)...maybe they are hoping if they wait and find Deorr they can up the charges from what they currently have to something more fitting to the crime.

I can't help but believe LE knows a lot more than they're disclosing (wisely) and have something to charge them with (which is why they are POI)...maybe they are hoping if they wait and find Deorr they can up the charges from what they currently have to something more fitting to the crime.

LE knowing A LOT more than what they are sharing is a no-brainer.

I SO hope you're right and this is all they're waiting for to complete the jigsaw. LE know exactly what has been said, they know whether Jessica's "confession" is ambigious or not, they know exactly what it was that luminol showed up on the car bumper, they will have an idea if any extended family are wavering in their support and might be ripe to spill the beans. They know a hundred times what we do.

I wish that a) I was invisible, and b) I could fly faster than the speed of light. If those two things come true I'll pop over to have a listen in at the Sheriffs Office. Need to back for the school run though.

It wasn't even closed to the public ON July 10...someone got up there with cremains to dump, for goodness sake. How does that happen???

The remains dumping person didn't go through he lower campground to get to the lake. The accessed another part of he lake, using a different trail.
Thi statement is in SB interview w/ Bessie/Tricia

The remains dumping person didn't go through he lower campground to get to the lake. The accessed another part of he lake, using a different trail.

I believe Klein said the ashes were dumped on Sunday. You'd think by then, it would have been more secure, but I guess not.

I know there are some who think my theory of a child *advertiser censored* ring being involved is far fetched. Interestingly enough, yesterday in my FB news feed this link from East Idaho News showed up about a gentlemen who will be coming to the area to speak: https://www.facebook.com/EastIdahoNews/posts/594524404030637?notif_t=notify_me_page. Kids involved in human sex trafficking is a very real thing.

This link takes you directly to the online article (for those of you without FB accounts): http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/03/founder-of-operation-underground-railroad-to-speak-in-rexburg/

The Silver Dollar has been mentioned a lot but I can't recall how we know about it. Was it mentioned by name by LE or the PIs or is it just assumed that they went there to get (or tried to get) something to eat?

ETA: Rebecca Cox, the owner of the SD was interviewed early in the case but she never said the family was there.

It was entirely left out, never mentioned, completely "secret" for the first six months by the parents and LE alike. Klein is the one that let it out during one of this Q and A sessions. Up until then, LE stated the only stops the family made were to get diesel on the way up from IF on Thursday and the trip to the Stage Stop on Friday.

I think it's because we can't help it :thinking: We have bits of information and bits of knowledge and we all feel so desperately sad for this little person that it motivates us each in our tiny way to feel the need to help somehow. Although it has no reason nor rhyme we are trying to understand what could have happened by putting forward different theories to explain what seems to me (and I'm sure to all here) something quite incomprehensible.
Nothing we are able to do physically (for those of us far away anyhow) but we can't just ignore it, can we?
:grouphug:
AIMOO

I just wanted to jump in and say I find it very unusual that IR, as far as we know, is still a POI, but after a couple of interviews, no longer needs an attorney. I don't have the link, but it was just said recently. He claims he saw the baby when his parents got back from the store around one on Friday, but many believe the baby was never there. I am also confused by the 2 different stories that he was with GGP when they were supposed to be watching the baby, but I swear I also heard him say he was down by the water not far from the parents. These are a few things bouncing around in my mind, especially him not needing an attorney anymore? Say what? Why?
As far as I know , he's still a POI. I don't think his "childlike" answers make him appear innocent and sweet. He's kind of creepy to me and I wouldn't want him around my children. This is only my VHO.
Again, I do know I'm in minority on this thread. I hate to post here because so many keep pointing out things about parents from SM etc. I just don't see it this way. I strongly believe when the time comes, it will point in another direction or a much less devious one. But this guy IR? I can't watch him and feel warm and fuzzy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

As far as I know , he's still a POI. I don't think his "childlike" answers make him appear innocent and sweet. He's kind of creepy to me and I wouldn't want him around my children. This is only my VHO.
Again, I do know I'm in minority on this thread. I hate to post here because so many keep pointing out things about parents from SM etc. I just don't see it this way. I strongly believe when the time comes, it will point in another direction or a much less devious one. But this guy IR? I can't watch him and feel warm and fuzzy.

Your not alone. I'm totally with you.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I just wanted to jump in and say I find it very unusual that IR, as far as we know, is still a POI, but after a couple of interviews, no longer needs an attorney. I don't have the link, but it was just said recently. He claims he saw the baby when his parents got back from the store around one on Friday, but many believe the baby was never there. I am also confused by the 2 different stories that he was with GGP when they were supposed to be watching the baby, but I swear I also heard him say he was down by the water not far from the parents. These are a few things bouncing around in my mind, especially him not needing an attorney anymore? Say what? Why?

To address a couple of different peoples comments on IR. I don't think LE is going to come out and say he's not a POI because he is, he has interesting testimony that they want from him. There is really no stigma with being a POI so if he and his attorneys have already talked with LE there is no need for him to keep paying an attorney to do nothing for him. I agree with some others comments as well that IR might come across as a little strange, that in it's own right doesn't make him involved in any kind of bad way with this case. Would I let him watch my children, no thanks, but I'm not ready to "kill it with fire" just because he's a little different.

I know all of us have come into following this case at different times so we are at different points of sleuthing. That being said I can't bother with trying to piece together timelines or what happened based upon what the parents have put out there. It's like trying to solve a crossword puzzle but you only have the blank word grid and no questions.

I just finished re-reading the interview with IR. IMHO this is the only part applicable to the case at hand:

EATON: What do you remember what happened up there?
REINWAND: I don’t want to comment on that.
EATON: Do you remember the last time you saw little DeOrr?
REINWAND: No comment.
EATON: But he was up there?
REINWAND: Yes, he was.
EATON: He was up there, you saw him, you know he was there.

REINWAND: Yes.

I have read from day one. I posted quite regularly in the early threads. Coming to a different conclusion doesn't mean I've joined this case at a different point. It means I think for myself. (modsnip)

I think the mountain lion ranks quite a bit higher than Big Foot. Top 15, tbh, right up there with reservoir and creek. Sadly, the parents rank in the top 10 spots (accident, intentional, other).

Yes mountain lion attack is certainly higher on my list than Big Foot(s). For a minute it seemed like a decent theory, ah the good old days when I was just a simple lurker. I think it's safe to say 90% of the posters in this thread have the parents occupying the top 10 spots on "the list".

To Beezneez, Eaton has gained lots of exposure because of this case. I can't blame the local media types for trying to run with the hot story. Yes this is a tragedy but that is like 50% of what reporters deal with. He and some others close to the case certainly might have a decent selling book in their future, but that's about as far as I see them getting.

Then I would say that place can never be secured. It's an open range.

Yes mountain lion attack is certainly higher on my list than Big Foot(s). For a minute it seemed like a decent theory, ah the good old days when I was just a simple lurker. I think it's safe to say 90% of the posters in this thread have the parents occupying the top 10 spots on "the list".

To Beezneez, Eaton has gained lots of exposure because of this case. I can't blame the local media types for trying to run with the hot story. Yes this is a tragedy but that is like 50% of what reporters deal with. He and some others close to the case certainly might have a decent selling book in their future, but that's about as far as I see them getting.

Eaton is NOT an investigative reporter. That's not his claim to fame. He is a local guy just reporting local happenings.

Then Missing DeOrr comes along and he's thrust into the public eye.

This jobs too big for both Eaton and SB. Sorry it is.

They assembled and drove up to that campsite thinking they were looking for a little missing child.

They were, in truth, opening the biggest can of worms they could ever imagine.

So here we are.

BTW I am still confused about these stops Thursday night and Friday Morning. Does anybody happen to know of a good map showing routes and places they stopped those two times. I'm all turned around.

I thought they came up one way and spent the night then went into town the other way.

Thanks for any help or a link to a decent map showing where they were, went.

I know there are some who think my theory of a child *advertiser censored* ring being involved is far fetched. Interestingly enough, yesterday in my FB news feed this link from East Idaho News showed up about a gentlemen who will be coming to the area to speak: https://www.facebook.com/EastIdahoNews/posts/594524404030637?notif_t=notify_me_page. Kids involved in human sex trafficking is a very real thing.

This link takes you directly to the online article (for those of you without FB accounts): http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/03/founder-of-operation-underground-railroad-to-speak-in-rexburg/

Oh, H Y it is! Human trafficking is REAL and scary.

IMO, People will do any thing for money and sickos will pay to play. I feel like a scenario similar to this would keep all POIs quiet and lying for a long time.

JMO and I sure hope I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member