ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I am delusional because I can't seem to locate anything to back this up, but I could almost swear that it was determined that the "filthy bawling boy" story was debunked and that it never happened - that it was never verified to have happened. It seems to me that either SB or Klein stated that there was no clerk or clerks in the store that could say that they had seen Deorr. Also, I'm pretty sure there were posters speculating that VK made this rumour up himself to try to make it look like Deorr was at the store at noon instead. Am I not remembering this correctly? I don't remember LE or Klein confirming the story. JMO.

You are right. There is no account of a clerk seeing little Deorr at all.

Do we know WHERE they filled up with diesel? (More than once?)

I find two references to buying diesel fuel:

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/lemhi-sheriff-opens-up-about-deorr-kunz-case/

"Klein: We can’t even match simple things like filling up with gas at a diesel store in Leadore on the day of the event. He clearly says that the gentleman who was pumping the gas actually saw the child. We interviewed the guy who had supposedly seen the child and he comes back and says, ‘I don’t remember seeing a child.’"

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/lemhi-sheriff-opens-up-about-deorr-kunz-case/

"When asked if the family was anywhere else during the trip, Bowerman said they stopped for diesel fuel traveling from Idaho Falls to Leadore, but the gas station doesn’t have surveillance video either."

Now, it could be one of these quotes are wrong, or the family did indeed buy diesel fuel twice. One says they bought fuel on the way from Idaho Falls to Leadore on Thursday and one says they bought fuel on Friday.

I find two references to buying diesel fuel:

"Klein: We can’t even match simple things like filling up with gas at a diesel store in Leadore on the day of the event. He clearly says that the gentleman who was pumping the gas actually saw the child. We interviewed the guy who had supposedly seen the child and he comes back and says, ‘I don’t remember seeing a child.’"

"When asked if the family was anywhere else during the trip, Bowerman said they stopped for diesel fuel traveling from Idaho Falls to Leadore, but the gas station doesn’t have surveillance video either."

Now, it could be one of these quotes are wrong, or the family did indeed buy diesel fuel twice. One says they bought fuel on the way from Idaho Falls to Leadore on Thursday and one says they bought fuel on Friday.

I read that as they bought diesel in two different locations. Once on the way to Leadore and once in Leadore.

ETA Maybe that's what you're saying too. It's been a long sad day and I'm worn out. (funeral for a member of our agency's Advisory Council)

Perhaps I am delusional because I can't seem to locate anything to back this up, but I could almost swear that it was determined that the "filthy bawling boy" story was debunked and that it never happened - that it was never verified to have happened. It seems to me that either SB or Klein stated that there was no clerk or clerks in the store that could say that they had seen Deorr. Also, I'm pretty sure there were posters speculating that VK made this rumour up himself to try to make it look like Deorr was at the store at noon instead. Am I not remembering this correctly? I don't remember LE or Klein confirming the story. JMO.

Why was the dirty crying child that was supposedly seen at 6:00pm not investigated? If Deorr jr. Was abducted per his parents wouldn't it be important to identify that child's identity?
Like5More · Jan 11
Klein Investigations and Consulting
I have no idea regarding this. Staff states that this was a rumor and not fact. If you have a specific witness that saw this please send OL.

https://m.facebook.com/comment/repl...ntifier=937132659702652&gfid=AQAAFaCizY09BSwu

Thinking ahead to the spring search, look how Grandpa Kunz debunks any idea that Deorr may have wandered away. He knew his grandson well, they were napping buddies. He says if his buddy is found elsewhere, he was taken there.

http://legacy.ktvb.com/story/news/l...andfather-believes-boy-was-abducted/30321903/

"Search-and-rescue crews have been scouring the bottom of Stone Reservoir after dogs picked up a scent and led them to the small lake. But the boy's grandfather believes there's no way he could have gotten there all by himself.

"If he's in the water up there he was taken up there. He cannot walk on level ground without falling down. His little, short legs they can't walk up hill, he can't walk on level ground. He would have fallen and if he would have fallen he would have been crying. He didn't get up there by himself," DeOrr Kunz said."

How can a nearly 3 year old toddler not be able to walk on level ground unless he has some sort of physical impairment?

I don't think they really wanted anyone to know that they arrived on Thursday, since it took months for that detail to even emerge...

many of us saw comments early on (first week) by the family stating that they arrived on thursday night, is there any direct comment from LE stating that they did not disclose that they arrived on thursday night for several months?

How can a nearly 3 year old toddler not be able to walk on level ground unless he has some sort of physical impairment?

I've wondered that as well. My kids started walking at 14 mos which was late compared to a lot of my friends kids who started walking as early as 10 months. So this has always struck me as pretty odd. No way a 2.5 yr old couldn't walk on level ground. Maybe he was just trying to emphasize it for some reason so he was embellishing? Don't forget - he was a mover and a go-er lol.

On the missing poster.. They said he had "blonde bushy hair" wtf... Who says that about a kid... Maybe a dog, but a kid? My daughter has very curly hair and if it gets called bushy she cries..

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Misdirection. Looks especially shady combined with the longstanding incorrect eye color. But, it gives me pause, because why would a parent lie (or not correct for MONTHS) about a dead and buried (or otherwise disposed of) child's identifying characteristics?

That's the sort of thing one would lie about if they knew the child could possibly be seen and identified, if the correct information were on the FREAKING MISSING POSTERS.

That is nagging at me a bit... But I'm leaning towards the parents doing a blanket misdirection, and chalking it up to them not thinking in terms of minutia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

many of us saw comments early on (first week) by the family stating that they arrived on thursday night, is there any direct comment from LE stating that they did not disclose that they arrived on thursday night for several months?

It's unclear where the misinformation originated - it could have been poor reporting or it could be that the parents were misleading. However, the news medias all reported that the family arrived Friday morning for a looooong time. No one attempted to correct it.

On August 18th, SB said, “Well, the family, from what I understand, that we learned during the investigation arrived the evening prior to July 10th, sometime fairly close to dark on Thursday, July 9th..." I think that was the first official confirmation that they arrived on Thursday, IIRC.

I've wondered that as well. My kids started walking at 14 mos which was late compared to a lot of my friends kids who started walking as early as 10 months. So this has always struck me as pretty odd. No way a 2.5 yr old couldn't walk on level ground. Maybe he was just trying to emphasize it for some reason so he was embellishing? Don't forget - he was a mover and a go-er lol.

My 17 month old runs like the wind and climbs like a monkey. Just like my other 3 children were doing at that age, markedly developmentally younger than DeOrr was at the time he disappeared.

I think, in the absence of a declaration of some sort of mobility deficit, which we haven't heard, that it was a way to get it out there that he was "clumsy" or prone to falls or other accidents.

All of his family seem to choose very weird things to share about DeOrr when given the opportunity to tell something about him.

What if they are wearing boots 3 sizes too large!

No idea when the parents told LE. LE didn't tell the public until the middle August, so it wasn't months, more like a little over a month. I thought it was longer than that. But, still, when your child is missing, it seems like getting that information out would be crucial, especially if you think he might have been abducted. People need to know when and where the child was prior to disappearing.

What if they are wearing boots 3 sizes too large!

Why put your toddler in boots 3 sizes too large? Sounds like a prop up to the "couldn't walk straight on level ground" comment.

Plus, my 17 month old would sit his behind on the floor and tug those boots off, especially if they were interfering with his ability to walk, probably giving me a "Really, Mom???" look.

I decided to watch the YouTube video photo collage again tonight and noticed something. I took a screen shot of all the photos I could find with DeOrr and his blanket (hopefully this collage shows up clear). The top right two photos are him with the blue one that was shown during the interview but the other 5 photos appear to be a green polka dot one. Defiantly not a "replica" of the blue one but another blanket nonetheless....unless my screen and eyes are doing tricks on me?????

1edbd964e3bb5cda39ce383812aec66f.jpg

This is something I wondered about and not sure if I'm overthinking it. I read that they arrived "just on dark" on Thursday night. According to sunrise/sunset charts, sunset is around 9:30pm in July. That seems awfully late to be arriving in at a campground especially with a toddler. There's a bit to set up and organise and it's a pain in the neck arriving late. Why wouldn't you leave earlier unless it was a last minute decision to head off, or something happened on the way to slow you down ..........like something that causes you to need to fill up gas twice on a journey of 116 miles (from Idaho Falls to Leadore).

My 17 month old runs like the wind and climbs like a monkey. Just like my other 3 children were doing at that age, markedly developmentally younger than DeOrr was at the time he disappeared.

I think, in the absence of a declaration of some sort of mobility deficit, which we haven't heard, that it was a way to get it out there that he was "clumsy" or prone to falls or other accidents.

All of his family seem to choose very weird things to share about DeOrr when given the opportunity to tell something about him.

I think they were trying to say that DeOrr was "clumbsy by nature" so that excuse would cover any "accident" or signs of healed bruising or broken bones. MOO

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I decided to watch the YouTube video photo collage again tonight and noticed something. I took a screen shot of all the photos I could find with DeOrr and his blanket (hopefully this collage shows up clear). The top right two photos are him with the blue one that was shown during the interview but the other 5 photos appear to be a green polka dot one. Defiantly not a "replica" of the blue one but another blanket nonetheless....unless my screen and eyes are doing tricks on me?????

1edbd964e3bb5cda39ce383812aec66f.jpg

Not to quote myself but I found this other non cropped photo and it is a different blanket. It has an embroidered character and letters on it.
849848309f888617f456519849e6ad47.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members