ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am usually a lurker and not a poster. But I have read each and every one of these 27 threads since the beginning. I was re-reading the Bella’s Friends: Unidentified and Missing Children Q & A with Klein from 1/20/16 and this response from Klein has always had me baffled. (Spelling is as written in post)

Question: I just really want to know how long was his parents gone for when they went for a walk and also did they just wonder of without even asking grandfather to look after baby Deorr

Klein: Your question is under false pretence. The senario you lay out is myth.

https://www.facebook.com/bellasfriendsuamc/posts/1688440941411392

What a weird way to answer this. To me this means that there was no exploring, looking at minnows, fishing, or any other walk away from GGP and Deorr. Yet this exploring walk keeps getting brought up in interviews and Q & As. If this walk is a myth then what really happened to Deorr. I guess I’m not really asking a question just stating something that has always bugged me. One more bug and then I’ll quit. Why does JMA never refer to her son as Deorr?
JMOO

:greetings: from one lurker to another!

Thanks for sharing this...I haven't seen it before.

I suppose "Little Man" is a teeny bit better than "that child" (Patsy Ramsey :gaah: ), but that's a VERY low bar.

You and me both, forever grit my teeth, roll my eyes, AND :gaah:
I don't think she can even say his name. :cry: All JMHO

I'm wondering if someone can clarify for me: early on when the news first broke, it seems people referred to baby DeOrr's dad as "DeOrr" (dad's middle name). As time progressed and the stories started to unravel, people (on WS and social media) began referring to dad as Vernal (his first name) - in part to clear up confusion, but also in part to keep the name DeOrr associated with the precious baby. Am I remembering this correctly?

The Little Man nickname in and of itself doesn't bother me. What does bother me is the parents' near exclusive use of the nickname. If the boy had been kidnapped, wouldn't they want to mention his name every chance they got? (Imagine this hypothetical scenario: a couple driving on the hwy spots a vehicle with a kid that looks just like the one pictured in the news. "Hey, doesn't that look like Little Man?!" "Gosh, it does! We should phone it in to the police. What was his name again?" "Ermmm...")

Neesaki, you mentioned that you didn't think JMA could even say DeOrr's name. I noticed on her FB post about the monument being removed that she never says "DeOrr". She says "my son," and "our son." She referred to DeOrr's dad (same post) as "Vernal". (Did she always? I don't recall that.)

:greetings: from one lurker to another!

Thanks for sharing this...I haven't seen it before.

I suppose "Little Man" is a teeny bit better than "that child" (Patsy Ramsey :gaah: ), but that's a VERY low bar.

oh, lord! Patsy Ramsey! You are so right! An interesting parallel to the Ramsey case and this one is that both were treated as missing children cases and not homicides at the beginning. If they had been, maybe both would have been resolved by now. I'm sure the majority of missing children cases aren't looked at like possible homicides on day number one but they should be.

Snipped for conciseness:
What does bother me is the parents' near exclusive use of the nickname. If the boy had been kidnapped, wouldn't they want to mention his name every chance they got? (Imagine this hypothetical scenario: a couple driving on the hwy spots a vehicle with a kid that looks just like the one pictured in the news. "Hey, doesn't that look like Little Man?!" "Gosh, it does! We should phone it in to the police. What was his name again?" "Ermmm..."))

I was going to post this exact same thought in my last post but my iPad has not been cooperating today and have had to rewrite several posts. But yes, this is exactly what I was thinking, the importance of getting his name out there, of making it known so people would know it. Then again that would apply if they really believe he may have been abducted, and apparently they don't. Their heart isn't in it enough to even pretend, so instead they keep him an anonymous "little man".

Hoping I can post before losing it now, lol.

This is a quote from Fast Company which is a technology publication and it discusses the fingerprints of cell phones: in "Unique in the Crowd: The Privacy Bounds of Human Mobility," claims that 95% of mobile phone users can be identified based entirely on their patterns of movement. Mobile phones routinely ping cell phone antennas as customers travel from place to place, even if the phone is not being used—and even if the phone is turned off. The only way to prevent a phone from pinging antennas is to physically remove the battery.

I have followed this case since day one and for the life of me I don't recall anything being said about the Clover Leaf (motel?) until recently. Could someone here please enlighten me and tell me where it is and its significance, if any.

Many thanks. :thinking:

I have followed this case since day one and for the life of me I don't recall anything being said about the Clover Leaf (motel?) until recently. Could someone here please enlighten me and tell me where it is and its significance, if any.

Many thanks. :thinking:

Are you on FB? Klein's page has a video where JA mentions it, I think the video is to show inconsistencies in stories.

Are you on FB? Klein's page has a video where JA mentions it, I think the video is to show inconsistencies in stories.
Found it, thank you nerdgirl. 'Clover Creek'. Now I'm up to date.

What if instead of stating what could have happened, we work backwards? What could not have happened?

An animal could not have taken Deorr, because of the boots.

There was no chance of an abduction on the mountain, because of the boots, and no sign of anyone else in the area reported by anyone.

There was no chance that he drowned, that was too shallow and they thoroughly searched the creek.

What else??

Deorr falling into the fire while adults' attentions were elsewhere and was fatally burned?

Deorr falling into the fire while adults' attentions were elsewhere and was fatally burned?

I have often thought of that comment, of DeOrr throwing things in the fire that IR stated, (sorry I don't know how to link), it was in an IR interview.
Makes one wonder

But surely, in the event of a GENUINE accident like that, you'd just call 911 immediately?

My feeling is there was an accident and DeOrr either died instantly (and they panicked as someone could be sent to prison for it i.e they were drink driving) or there was an accident and they let him "sleep it off" only for him never to wake up....

....or he wandered off way beyond the search grid. But... boots... toy cars...thermal helicopters.... I also think he'd have gone to sleep with exhaustion well before he got outside the grid zone. Pretty convinced an animal would have left remains as I don't think they eat wellies or Hotwheels. Drowning? Maybe? Unlikely as he'd have surfaced or been found.

What does it leave us with? Well it suggests, on the face of things, that one of the adults who was responsible for DeOrr knows what happened. Perhaps only one of them knows, perhaps all four do, or any number in between. Perhaps there really was a stranger up there who abducted him. Fact is we know precisely sod all more than we did a year ago. Dammit.

The big question for me at the moment is whether DeOrr even made it to the campground. Could've been looking in the wrong place all this time.

:sigh:

Just speculation about the dynamics of people covering for others, IMO

I can agree with both of these scenarios, but I have a question. What do the "I never told about you" parts mean? What are they in reference to?

Q&A with KIC paints an interesting picture. I really hope this prompts someone to come forward with the truth.

Im a loooong time lurker of this site and have been following this from the beginning especially since I was living in the Pacific Northwest at the time.
Surely I'm not the only one waiting to see what happens when GGP dies? My gut feeling says they'll all throw him under the bus since he won't be able to defend himself. Forgive me if that's been mentioned. I was away for awhile and came back and caught up with the anniversary

Im a loooong time lurker of this site and have been following this from the beginning especially since I was living in the Pacific Northwest at the time.
Surely I'm not the only one waiting to see what happens when GGP dies? My gut feeling says they'll all throw him under the bus since he won't be able to defend himself. Forgive me if that's been mentioned. I was away for awhile and came back and caught up with the anniversary

Welcome GigiRock! Yep, I totally agree with you.

Oh man! I am so happy to see this thread back and running.

My opinions haven't really changed since the first week.

I still think IR is innocent, but I'm not sure if he would tell the entire truth if it meant destroying his friendship with GGP. I think pinning him against GGP would be the only way to get the entire truth out if there is more truths to be told. I think it's completely possible he's telling what he knows and slept and fished through the important parts. He had no reason to keep an eye on Deorr's whereabouts.

I still think Klein is a slimeball and as much as I try to like what he's doing, the chest puffing just doesn't do anything for me. I think it's great he's keeping Deorr's case in the spotlight. I think playing hardball with harda$$es is getting him nowhere. He's not going to scare them into talking by releasing interview clips. They've dug this hole so deep, there's no way pointing fingers is going to pull them out. I don't think he has access to any piece of evidence that's incriminating enough to charge anyone with anything other than lying through their teeth.

LE has pretty much confirmed that this case has gone cold and nothing short of finding Deorr will solve it. I'm positive LE has far more evidence and information than Klein. If they say the evidence isn't there...well, I hope they are just letting JA and VK take a breather so they can surprise them with handcuffs in short order.

Off-road diesel is interesting and I'm surprised they'd admit to filling up the truck with it. It's really common for the DOT to send officers out to dip tanks at farm shows around here. I think it's about $1k fine for the first offense and they'll likely keep an eye out for you in the future. The dye also leaves residue for a pretty long while, so it would take several fill ups and probably a filter change to get rid of any lingering evidence.

Off-road diesel is interesting and I'm surprised they'd admit to filling up the truck with it. It's really common for the DOT to send officers out to dip tanks at farm shows around here. I think it's about $1k fine for the first offense and they'll likely keep an eye out for you in the future. The dye also leaves residue for a pretty long while, so it would take several fill ups and probably a filter change to get rid of any lingering evidence.

RSBM

What I think is interesting about the red dye diesel, is they say they tried to get diesel at two places that were both out, before getting the red dye diesel. And if it's illegal and such a big fine, they must have been pretty desperate for gas, and red dye was their only option in Leadore.
They must have been very low on gas to need to settle for illegal red dye diesel.

So... If you are leaving on a camping trip, wouldn't you fill your tank before you go?

We are allowed to discuss the content of the Q&A from Kleins FB page, right?

KatieLiz,
I've alerted the Mods/Admin re: the Q&A, particularly because of Chelsea Brentzel's posted question, and also because there's SO much information discussed there.

IIRC, the last time Klein Investigations did this, we discussed this. However, a WSer (or two?) took the time to transcribe the Q & A. That would take some effort this time around, JMO, but it would be worth it :cow:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1058853367530580&id=443864945696095

Hopefully they chime in soon!

#searchingfordeorr

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors