ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder when Klein's going to post some more video clips. Come on Klein, bring on the pressure.

the clips haven't made them crack so far but they have at least heightened the public awareness as to what very untruthful people this lot is.

Lol, priceless, I particularly love this part of your post, ReadySet. :) Mainly because, well, I'm ashamed to admit it, but believe it or not, the fact they had a dog at the campsite is something I missed for quite a long while. Was it so downplayed I totally forgot about it? Still, how did I miss that ? :thinking:

So, you make excellent points :

A mountain lion or wolf or other predator.... yes, dogs would bark.... like crazy.
A human stalker / abductor.... yes, dogs would bark

Wonder why they didn't ? Perhaps there was no abductor or predator, animal or human ?

Ahem. Forgive me, I've been away for a couple of weeks and am catching up backwards. Dog?? What dog?

Good possible theories discussed. If its any sort of accident then it would have to be an accident that involved a reason where they would not want to immediately call 911 or LE. Those recent two theories fit the pattern of having a reason not to call 911 at first. Here is why.

For the gun one I had not heard that there may have been firearms with them while camping but it does make sense that one of them may have brought one along. A lot of the parks usually don't allow firearms but a lot of people ignore the rules about that. So a gun could have been present.

An accident with a gun is plausible because it is the type of accident that they would want to cover up about if they felt their own negligence caused the accident.

I also had not considered an accident with the dogs maybe getting violent with the boy over the food. I have known a dog one time that hated kids because the kids would always try to pull on the dogs tail and the dog ended up hating kids in general over it.
If something happened like that then they may have covered it up so that the dog would not be taken away from them. They could have been afraid the dog would be taken from them and put to sleep over it.

Good theories to add to the mix. So many possibilities. That is the problem with this case. So many possibilities could have happened.

Hopefully someday soon something will eventually come out to help point to what happened .

Ahem. Forgive me, I've been away for a couple of weeks and am catching up backwards. Dog?? What dog?

So I'm not the only one ? :) They had a dog with them on the camping trip. Apparently it was reported on before but I initially missed that fact. Remember VDK talking about tying the dog to the bumper, and leaving food out for the dog, and little Deorr was messing / playing with the dog ? Well maybe you missed it, It's the last video clip of VDK on Klein's FB.

OT: I've been concerned about Bessie as I've noticed she's been gone for a while. I just now read the note from Tricia at top of page, Here's the link to Tricia's post. Bessie's going through a very hard time and needs help. Prayers for Bessie.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/announcement.php?f=80

O/T: Thank you so much for sharing. I have always admired her work and commitment to helping folks get the justice they need to move forward. So sad and hope things improve daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I wasn't able to access this via Tapatalk :blushing:

Here's the link to the 1st post to bessie's thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sie-Needs-our-Prayers&p=12751283#post12751283

We :loveyou: bessie!
:praying:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm not the only one ? :) They had a dog with them on the camping trip. Apparently it was reported on before but I initially missed that fact. Remember VDK talking about tying the dog to the bumper, and leaving food out for the dog, and little Deorr was messing / playing with the dog ? Well maybe you missed it, It's the last video clip of VDK on Klein's FB.

I too had no idea till now that they may have brought dogs with them.

If they did bring dogs and were irresponsible in feeding the dog(s) then the dog(s) could have gotten very hungry and if the child went near the bowl then the dog could have gotten violent with the boy over food. I could see something like that happening. e
Especially if the dogs were starving because of neglect in feeding.

Gunshot wounds...dog attack...
I think we all need to remember that no blood was found at the scene other than whatever trace amounts were found on the truck that haven't been positively identified as human, let alone DeOrr's.

Gunshot wounds...dog attack...
I think we all need to remember that no blood was found at the scene other than whatever trace amounts were found on the truck that haven't been positively identified as human, let alone DeOrr's.

Right but remember discussions about the trailer possibly breaking down on the way up there. If that happened then that is a logical place to tie dog to bumper and give the dog water or food while working on trailer.

Which is also a logical place where boy may have roamed near the dog food bowl while X person working on trailer. I

The blood and other evidence could be located at spot trailer broke down. If that even happened.
I wish there was a way to confirm if trailer broke down and then find the exact spot where that happened.

IR may be able to find that spot if it happened.

You're totally not the only one. First I have heard of a dog is today!

Why has this nugget of information not been discussed ad nauseum in previous threads?!

About the dogs.... I remember reading something a long time ago on FB that Jessica had posted about them having two dogs at the campground (she had one and grandpa had one). This was back in November. I was shocked at the time because that was the first I'd heard about them having dogs at the camp. I think I'd seen comments here and there alluding to a dog being there but just considered it all rumor/drama - at no time had the presence of two dogs ever been spoken of by the POI's, the sheriff, the grandparents, no one. It was never mentioned. (Kind of like the stop at the Silver Dollar, the second trip to the Stage Stop, the purchase of diesel in Leadore, etc.- basically the public was given no details whatsoever of their trip). I think they knew that the presence of two dogs would really blow holes in their abduction and wild animal theories and thought it best not to mention it in the early days. As it leaked out, I guess they now figure everyone knows so it's no use hiding it anymore. But, the bottom line is that there were apparently two dogs at the campground and in my opinion that pretty much eliminates what teeny tiny chance there was that DeOrr was taken by a person or an animal. There is just no way that could happen with two dogs there. In the first place, the dogs would be a deterrent and in the second place, they would go crazy barking if an intruder was seen. It makes zero sense. My opinion only.

You're totally not the only one. First I have heard of a dog is today!

Why has this nugget of information not been discussed ad nauseum in previous threads?!

We weren't able to discuss it here because it was considered a rumor due to the FB source....

We weren't able to discuss it here because it was considered a rumor due to the FB source....

Gotcha. Pleased to know I haven't had some kind of memory fail, the number of dogs has doubled in the last few minutes though lol! Anything else I have missed here?!

Gotcha. Pleased to know I haven't had some kind of memory fail, the number of dogs has doubled in the last few minutes though lol! Anything else I have missed here?!

Well, lots of things have changed in the past month or so. DeOrr may have been wearing blue sweat pants or blue pajama bottoms or blue pajama bottoms with airplanes on them. He may have had a white t-shirt on underneath his camo jacket or it may have been a blue pajama top, with or without airplanes. His eyes might be brown or they might be hazel. His boots may have been three sizes too big or just a half size too big. He may have had toy cars in his pocket or candy or maybe he had nothing with him at all. It's hard to keep up - you're not alone! :-)

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I thought there was another group of campers in the vicinity during the same time. The reason I bring this up is because I'd be wondering if the other campers would have been able to hear a gunshot if there was one.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I thought there was another group of campers in the vicinity during the same time. The reason I bring this up is because I'd be wondering if the other campers would have been able to hear a gunshot if there was one.

That is a great question. But it leads to some confusion in my mind because I still have not a clear idea about IF AND WHEN the other campers were interviewed by LE. I seem to remember some inconsistencies concerning that. Apparently the other campers had grown children that left the site before LE arrived? And the family helped search but were not questioned for many hours or even days later? Am I remembering correctly?

Did I let the dog out of the bag? I thought that since Vernal talked about the dog in the video clip from Klein, that it was ok to discuss.

Did I let the dog out of the bag? I thought that since Vernal talked about the dog in the video clip from Klein, that it was ok to discuss.

Good question. Since VDK talked about the dog in Klein's interview, I posted about it too, thinking it was ok to discuss.

Good question. Since DVK talked about the dog in Klein's interview, I posted about it too, thinking it was ok to discuss.

It is FACT that VDK said it so it is not rumor, and it is therefore fine to discuss.

:wave:

I just meant that back in November we couldn't discuss it because it wasn't from an official source. The video clip changes all that. :-)

Yes, you're correct. I believe Sheriff Bowerman said that an older couple was camping at the upper campground near the reservoir, which is about .4 mile from the lower campground. At some point, their adult children came and camped also. I would assume one or more of them would have heard a gunshot if they were around at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08