ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO:

My opinion is that this lawsuit will be dismissed before it goes any further. The claims against Klein are absurd. Klein is not responsible for pitting the public against the suspects. Based on the comments I read on Facebook and other news sources in the days right after DeOrr went missing there were a lot of ill feelings and hostility towards the parents from the very beginning. There was also a lot of speculation very early on from the public that DeOrr wasn't even on the camping trip, which it now turns out, may actually be the case. The public isn't stupid. Nothing that the parents have done or said has ever made any sense. Klein's comments only solidified what everyone already thought (not to mention that LE, not Klein, named them suspects). The bottom line is that the plaintiffs (suspects) are mad that Klein reported his findings to the public, WHO PAID HIS FEES. If the suspects wanted confidentiality, they should have paid Klein with their own money. The whole thing is ridiculous. It only makes the suspects look even worse. MOO.

MOO:

My opinion is that this lawsuit will be dismissed before it goes any further. The claims against Klein are absurd. Klein is not responsible for pitting the public against the suspects. Based on the comments I read on Facebook and other news sources in the days right after DeOrr went missing there were a lot of ill feelings and hostility towards the parents from the very beginning. There was also a lot of speculation very early on from the public that DeOrr wasn't even on the camping trip, which it now turns out, may actually be the case. The public isn't stupid. Nothing that the parents have done or said has ever made any sense. Klein's comments only solidified what everyone already thought (not to mention that LE, not Klein, named them suspects). The bottom line is that the plaintiffs (suspects) are mad that Klein reported his findings to the public, WHO PAID HIS FEES. If the suspects wanted confidentiality, they should have paid Klein with their own money. The whole thing is ridiculous. It only makes the suspects look even worse. MOO.

TOTALLY agree with all you say desert-blue!! You'd think these people would be spending their time, energy and money FINDING THEIR CHILD and not going down these side roads.

MOO:

I agree with everything you've stated, except one thing,.. In reality, the public paid for kleins services.

I agree with everything you've stated, except one thing,.. In reality, the public paid for kleins services.

I think that is what I said? (at least that is what I meant - did it come out differently?) The public did pay for Klein, which is why it seems justified for him to release his findings.

I think that is what I said? (at least that is what I meant - did it come out differently?) The public did pay for Klein, which is why it seems justified for him to release his findings.

Yes, that's how I interpreted what you wrote...That the public paid for Klein's services. $20,000 of donations.

Yes, that's how I interpreted what you wrote...That the public paid for Klein's services. $20,000 of donations.

OMG I forgot about that. So their claims in the lawsuit are ridiculous then. They are acting like THEY paid him 20 grand and signed the contract .. the may have signed but they sure didn't pay. Wow. Just wow. These people are completely messed in the head. They turn down offers for reward money and won't let this case get the national media attention it deserves but they have the nerve to try to sue the only person searching for their child other than LE?!?! How do they think there is still anyone out there believing them? This case better get tossed before it ever sees a court date. What a waste of time.

Yeah, that's what you said. Sorry about that :)

OMG I forgot about that. So their claims in the lawsuit are ridiculous then. They are acting like THEY paid him 20 grand and signed the contract .. the may have signed but they sure didn't pay.

Not sure it matters who pays, the contract is between those who signed it, regardless of how the money was obtained.

Of course it would be interesting to see a copy of the transcript, which was attached to the legal papers but not in the pdf.

Does anyone wonder why law enforcement isn't saying anything?

Typically, they don't. If i recall: They have commented that they aren't sure if Deorr was ever there. They have commented that they believe they are dealing with a homicide. And they have named JA and VDK as suspects. We likely won't hear much from LE until we have a body, an arrest, or if they need to make a public plea for info again. I think this case is unique because we don't usually have someone like Klein giving us info. I feel like we know more info on this case than any others I have ever followed.

Can someone local please go and honeytrap Isaac and Grandpa? I feel like the only way this will get properly resolved is if one of them spills. Just a few beers and a bit of flattery should do it. Go on, take one for the team...

I'm way behind but have to say I got a kick out of this post : ) Thank you Cagney!

Typically, they don't. If i recall: They have commented that they aren't sure if Deorr was ever there. They have commented that they believe they are dealing with a homicide. And they have named JA and VDK as suspects. We likely won't hear much from LE until we have a body, an arrest, or if they need to make a public plea for info again. I think this case is unique because we don't usually have someone like Klein giving us info. I feel like we know more info on this case than any others I have ever followed.

Nicely stated as usual.

LE has nothing to gain and lots to lose by making statements. I can only imagine the dread that must fill Vernal and Jessica's days, waiting, wondering, always on edge. Every day the double takes and gawking that happens when they venture out in public. They deserve to face true justice but in the interim life as a pariah can't be very pleasant.

I found this info regarding licensed private investigators in Texas...

"Sec. 1702.133. CONFIDENTIALITY; INFORMATION RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSE. (a) A license holder or an officer, director, partner, or manager of a license holder may not disclose to another information obtained by the person for an employer or client except:
(1) at the direction of the employer or client; or
(2) as required by state law or court order.
(b) A license holder or an officer, director, partner, or manager of a license holder shall disclose to a law enforcement officer or a district attorney, or that individual's representative, information the person obtains that relates to a criminal offense. A private investigator who is working under the direct supervision of a licensed attorney satisfies this requirement by disclosing the information to the supervising attorney." (http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/OC/htm/OC.1702.htm)

Klein would be the license holder.

The ethics board states basically the same,
"To preserve as confidential all information received in an investigation unless directed otherwise by the client or unless under specific order or legal authority" (http://www.tali.org/code-of-ethics)

Nicely stated as usual.

LE has nothing to gain and lots to lose by making statements. I can only imagine the dread that must fill Vernal and Jessica's days, waiting, wondering, always on edge. Every day the double takes and gawking that happens when they venture out in public. They deserve to face true justice but in the interim life as a pariah can't be very pleasant.

Thanks! You as well.
The only comfort I take in this case is the thought that if JA or VDK are the slightest bit human and have even the tiniest consciences then they must be terrified and living in fear of being caught. And I like the idea of them living in turmoil because it boils my blood when I think they have simply moved on with their lives.

I found a letter that Klein sent to grandfather who hired him stating that Klein would handle press communication. It is on Klein's FB page, (https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...38464789.1073741828.443864945696095&source=54)

I'll quote a few lines for those who can't/don't care to use FB.

" - Information to the press will be directed by our firm. Any interference in this will be handled under the "Interference" clause of the contract.
- Communications to the press if necessary as deemed by KIC investigators will be conducted by KIC only - and not you as the client"

More at link, but nothing in there that seems to modify or negate the confidentiality laws for licensed PIs in TX.
Hmmm.

Does anyone wonder why law enforcement isn't saying anything?

Because they are professionals.

I have said it from the start , Mr Klein has not really brought anything new , it is like he is holding his own trial via social media , the same social media he used to complain about , and if you read between the lines he is mostly telling the world how great he is.

Or maybe he thinks he can publicly shame them into confessing , but I dont think that is a very professional approach. And if indeed he uncovered something important he should take it to police and receive credit for helping solve the case.

But he has a great many followers here and on facebook and I think he thrives on that. He enjoys basking in the limelight. It is good exposure and good marketing. After all , marketing is important when you have services for sale.

My bias is showing because my admiration and respect goes to old salt detectives who keep their nose to the grindstone and solve the difficult cases.

I found this info regarding licensed private investigators in Texas...

"Sec. 1702.133. CONFIDENTIALITY; INFORMATION RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSE. (a) A license holder or an officer, director, partner, or manager of a license holder may not disclose to another information obtained by the person for an employer or client except:
(1) at the direction of the employer or client; or
(2) as required by state law or court order.
(b) A license holder or an officer, director, partner, or manager of a license holder shall disclose to a law enforcement officer or a district attorney, or that individual's representative, information the person obtains that relates to a criminal offense. A private investigator who is working under the direct supervision of a licensed attorney satisfies this requirement by disclosing the information to the supervising attorney." (http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/OC/htm/OC.1702.htm)

Klein would be the license holder.

The ethics board states basically the same,
"To preserve as confidential all information received in an investigation unless directed otherwise by the client or unless under specific order or legal authority" (http://www.tali.org/code-of-ethics)

But was Kuntz still the client? I thought they were no longer working with Klein.

?

OMG I forgot about that. So their claims in the lawsuit are ridiculous then. They are acting like THEY paid him 20 grand and signed the contract .. the may have signed but they sure didn't pay. Wow. Just wow. These people are completely messed in the head. They turn down offers for reward money and won't let this case get the national media attention it deserves but they have the nerve to try to sue the only person searching for their child other than LE?!?! How do they think there is still anyone out there believing them? This case better get tossed before it ever sees a court date. What a waste of time.

Yep, as Klein puts it, another side show. :tsktsk:

Nicely stated as usual.

That must be why every time I've seen JM (JMA?) she looks different, I don't know if I'd recognize her out in public. I was thinking she's like a chameleon, but it's more than that, she has to disguise herself . Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000