ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this was covered (my head is starting to spin with all this info)....Is it possible Dad and DeOrr WERE at the same store the eve. BEFORE at 6:00?? (I suppose anything is possible, right?)

And couldn't this clerk just look at their photos and clearly say yay/nay....It was them/wasn't them?

And ther timeline is really odd. If it was a kidnapper at the 6 pm sighting, why would he only be 40 minutes down the road if he kidnapped the child 3 1/2 hours earlier?

The main source of any "details" we have about what happened that day is the long interview that the parents did a few days after he went missing. [video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]

Paraphrasing, the dad basically says that they went to explore the area and thought DeOrr would be "good with great grandpa" near the campfire. When they came back they asked great grandpa where little DeOrr was and he responded with "I thought he was with you." Or something along those lines. That is pretty much all we have. The story about the trip to the store also came from that interview.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know WHERE this interview was recorded? It almost looks like a conference room at a hotel or similar...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

http://assets.eastidahonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/15153620/Deorr-Kunz-911-Call.mp3
If you listen to the 911 call somethings not right about it, I have a 3 year old son and if my wife were making that 911 call after not seeing him for a hour she would of been more frantic but still coherent.

What were the parents doing when they went "exploring" ? What was so important that made them leave without making sure there son was safe.

I don't think it was calculated like that. No, "our child's not safe, but I can't wait one more second to..." (Cut to tented fingers ala The Simpsons' C. Montgomery Burns).

I'm thinking more casual and normal. Like, "let's go check out the water while he's still mowing on his candy." or something like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh I definitely believe little DeOrr was there. And can't help it but still curious why the big mystery with ggp' s friend. You would think it was the governor or something lol. Jmo

Or maybe he was in the Witness Protection Program before that day. Why can't he be named in the media?

Maybe the friend never even saw DeOrr Jr at the campground that day. Perhaps the friend was off fishing and the parents arrived and just left DeOrr playing with GGpa who had already been there. Do the parents even mention the friend in the interview?

I was wondering why they interviewed a F&G investigator but it looks like the guy has written some books about criminal investigations:

http://www.tonylatham.net/About_&_Contact.html

It still seems like a bit of a stretch but since Lemhi County sheriff's et al don't seem to be interested in talking to the media, I guess it's the best we can hope for at this point.

In most of the mountain west, most fish and game officers are highly trained professional law enforcement officers with experience in investigating incidents ranging from missing persons to rustling to drug gang body dumps.

Since that theory was mentioned in msm, is it still not sleuthable? Like I said I believe he was there.

Where was it in mainstream media? I missed that. The only source I saw was speculation here?

Forgive me if this was covered (my head is starting to spin with all this info)....Is it possible Dad and DeOrr WERE at the same store the eve. BEFORE at 6:00?? (I suppose anything is possible, right?)

And couldn't this clerk just look at their photos and clearly say yay/nay....It was them/wasn't them?

Point 1 - if Deorr and his dad had been at the store the night before (IOW the 6 pm 'sighting' was off by a day) I feel pretty certain from his demeanor that dad would've said so in the interview.

Point 2 - I suspect this has already been done and that is part of why the sheriff says the parents are not suspects

I can't say for sure this is what happened, nor can I verbalize what I feel may otherwise have happened. I just want to make people aware that nothing/no one is 100% in their effectiveness or their knowledge of wildlife. Cats are a lot smarter and sneakier than you think.

Snipped for brevity. I agree with your post. I think by now he'd have surfaced from the reservoir if LE had missed him somehow, so IMO the stream or an animal are the most likely scenarios that we can make fit with the rules we post by and the info available to us.

I also agree with whoever said they hope they find some evidence even of his death rather than his parents having no idea for the rest of their lives. I can't begin to comprehend how awful that would be.

I want to clarify that my post above was in response to someone's request for links to my information that family members have stated that DeOrr's eye color is brown, with the exception of one individual I recall who stated they occasionally appear hazel. I neglected to post my response with quotes--sorry.

I wonder how come after so many days the National Center for Missing and Exploited children's web site have not corrected such a mistake?

On another note with the article, I thought one of our members (SleuthMom?) said that there would be an article out last night/yesterday about the friend?

I know, I am disappointed as much as everybody else. Rest assured, I am trying to find out more...tbh practically begging to a few people who can give answers but I don't care, anything for our little precious boy.

All I am getting is that Law enforcement is being very tight-lipped and the family isn't saying anything.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/

Latham said some theories investigators may be considering include Deorr walking away on his own, the possibility of him being abducted, the idea that he was never at the campsite in the first place or that a wild animal was involved in his disappearance.

“Lemhi County has done close to 300 searches. If it had been a wild animal attack they would have at least found a boot,” Latham said. “I think, by now, the theory should be discounted.”

Detectives tell EastIdahoNews.com Deorr’s parents have been cooperative and Deorr’s great-grandfather, who was at the campsite, has never been a suspect.

Investigators aren’t saying anything about the family friend who was also camping.

If Deorr is in the reservoir, Latham said his body would eventually be found, because cadavers typically rise to surface after three weeks of decomposition.

In most of the mountain west, most fish and game officers are highly trained professional law enforcement officers with experience in investigating incidents ranging from missing persons to rustling to drug gang body dumps.

Right. I wasn't trying to say that our F&G officers aren't experienced and I know that they've been involved in this case from the beginning. My point was more that after a couple of days of nothing about the case, I was hoping for an update from someone more actively involved. I liked his insight about the case, especially the wild animal component but he's just speculating, too. Highly informed, experienced speculation but speculation, nonetheless.

Gah, I just want to know where this little guy is!!!

Right. I wasn't trying to say that our F&G officers aren't experienced and I know that they've been involved in this case from the beginning. My point was more that after a couple of days of nothing about the case, I was hoping for an update from someone more actively involved. I liked his insight about the case, especially the wild animal component but he's just speculating, too. Highly informed, experienced speculation but speculation, nonetheless.

Gah, I just want to know where this little guy is!!!

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Yes, it sounds like basically they've thought of everything we've thought of and haven't eliminated anything either. Which is both discouraging, that they haven't found him and figured it out, and encouraging, that they are considering and investigating everything and are keeping an open mind about where the facts lead.

Just Googled why a person can't be named for legal reasons...

There are several good reasons listed.

It is highly likely that great-grandpa didn't remember he was supposed to be watching D. I'm sure LE has several versions of how that happened, since there were 4 adults there and they probably each remember it differently. (Which is normal, since people's memories are fallible. It's why witnesses to events are separated and told not to talk to anyone else until they're interviewed by LE.)

We don't know that. The parents were only gone for 20 minutes. Are you speculating that grandpa forgot within 20 minutes? If DeOrr was left with him, would grandpa not have seen him walk away? If he looked away briefly as someone else said, why would he think DeOrr was then with the parents? Information is missing that we are not privy to.

Thank you. I read right past that. D'oh!

Its okay - my computer is acting up and I did good to go back and get it - I could feel myself beginning to sweat lol

O/T while I'm at it...can you guys tell me when you say to PM A Mod to ask about something, who do you PM? Any mod? Pick one? Or do you see who is online or wait until one that has been active on the case comes online? TYIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654