ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely with you on this and thought it was worth re-posting.

Also LE would not have spent the man hours and resources, which I'm sure were not cheap, if they believed that a crime had occurred.

Frankly I am really tired of it. We have been asked not to speculate about the parents. We have been asked not to sleuth those who haven't been named in the media. Even LE said the social media rumors need to stop. On other cases, people are so quick to say, "LE said it. That's good enough for me!" In this case though, the speculation and rumors continue.

I think little DeOrr wandered off and something tragic happened. I think, sadly, that his little body will be found somewhere close by, that was overlooked by searchers. It isn't that hard to fathom. When Elizabeth Smart disappeared, searchers were so close, she could hear them yelling, yet they didn't find her. Occam's razor, the easiest explanation. No need trying to inject nefarious motives and things that aren't there.

I will continue to think this way until LE indicates otherwise.

I respect the Mods decision to not have people sleuth the parents, but LE has said all kinds of things in all kinds of cases that have turned out not to be true. As I've said before, LE's allegiance is to Deorr, not to the public. They will lie if they need to to preserve the investigation. I'm not saying that they're lying, but you can't take their words at face value.

Yeah, I agree leilarose. It's like LE saying they're "solid" as if that clears them. Sorry but that isn't any kind of official term with any official meaning. They can only end speculation by saying "the family are not suspects" - and nothing less. See the William Tyrrell case, where police have made it very clear over and over again that they have investigated family thoroughly and they are not suspects. They don't mince words and say "they're not suspects at this time" or call them "solid". They just say they are not suspects.

I am NOT saying anything about the family - just about the language LE use.

Yeah, I agree leilarose. It's like LE saying they're "solid" as if that clears them. Sorry but that isn't any kind of official term with any official meaning. They can only end speculation by saying "the family are not suspects" - and nothing less. See the William Tyrrell case, where police have made it very clear over and over again that they have investigated family thoroughly and they are not suspects. They don't mince words and say "they're not suspects at this time" or call them "solid". They just say they are not suspects.

It just seems like common practice in an ambiguous case to get the public to stop talking about the parents. All the gossip will only hinder the case; it's also way worse to have all this gossip and have the parents be innocent than have all this gossip and have the parents be not innocent. It's just good practice to stop the gossip I think.

very good point, Eloise...

4sethia, don't get discouraged, so many over the years have hunted this vewy wabbit...humor goes a long way and in no way should lessen the serious nature of any case. some of us are here for the victims AND those who sleuth the cases.

another stupid question from the bunny, did LE comment on the "100% cleared" creek or was it just grandma clegg? I can't find an actual quote from the sheriff. TIA.

I agree, it doesn't help the police do their job at all. They don't have to bother trying to shut it (the gossip) down, but they could help.

I have scoured SM and the Internet for references that something big was going to be revealed today as was implied a few times here last night, but I found nothing.

As as far as the store clerk goes, what do we know about this person? It could be a minor working there for the summer. If so, they should be left alone, in my opinion. They have given their information to police and that's that. If the clerk is a young person, or even if not, being bombarded for more information, which could be picked apart and misquoted would be very stressful. I'm sure LE and the clerks parents (if a minor) have said that the information has been given to the proper authorities and they will deal with it.

As SM is (rightly) not deemed a quotable source all anyone reading it can do is allude to what they're reading. Then, if someone sleuths this it's up to them. Consequently the point of these posts is to guide sleuthers to what is out there on the internet, without breaking the TOS.

Well, that's how I see it anyway
JMO

ETA: If I have misunderstood the TOS then I apologise. Having re-read the TOS perhaps I should have said:

This is a rumour, not fact, as it is on SM not MSM. Comments by "CG" are (IMHO) interesting.
It's very interesting alright. The page is gone. *POOF* I wonder why?

It's very interesting alright. The page is gone. *POOF* I wonder why?

It's not gone for me, but it is a closed group. I have requested to join.

ETA: oops its gone now. Wow, that was fast.

I agree.

In this particular case, I really think the Sheriff has hurt himself and caused a lot of the questions and rumors by putting out contradicting and incomplete information.

Like talking only about 1/2 of the people that were present. It may have been better to just say nothing than to do that.

It is probably because he is not experienced in such an important and time sensitive case such as this, but he would have to know that people and the news sites are wanting to know every bread crumb they can find to help find the boy.

This below is an example of the inconsistent statements we have seen which I feel contribute to the problems this case is facing in the media.

First he says the drone is being brought in to help search and then he says they are not looking for anything in particular. That is sheer contradiction. Its no wonder media and people have questions.

"A remote-operated drone will be used Wednesday to help with the search in the area where the two-year-old disappeared. Bowerman said the Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office will fly their drone in an effort to cover areas that are difficult to access on foot.

“They are just photographing the area in case this should ever turn into a criminal investigation,” Bowerman said. “They are not looking for anything in particular, just a photo of the area in general.”"

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/

I swear I read someplace that SAR arrived an hour after the 911 call came through, so that is about 3:30ish. The quarter to 4 comment has me baffled. I wonder if he meant that they were with SAR until 3:45 the next morning. Maybe the searchers did 12 hours straight searching through the night. Kind of makes sense to me.

I don't imagine anybody was keeping very exact track of the times. There might be precise times in the SAR logs or dispatcher's records, but if I were the parents or friends, the last thing I'd think about is checking my watch, except to check, "Aren't they here yet?" And if I were frantically searching the stream, I might not even think that.

But LE did say what they did here. They don't have to word things a certain way for us.

Maybe I need a break from the thread. I keep getting flashbacks to the back of the station wagon, "stop touching your sister!" "I'm not touching her!" Hovering a sixteenth of an inch from sister's arm.

Yesterday or the day before, I inquired about "the creek" by the campsite...and I believe someone mentioned it had a few forks?

I wonder if ALL these forks got searched as well.

Anybody know?

But LE did say what they did here. They don't have to word things a certain way for us.

Yes, I know. I agree with that. I said that in a post just after this post you quoted. But they do have the power to shut down rumours, if they chose to do so.

You can always tell when a case is going bad because everybody starts getting snippy and short tempered.......

Imagine how the sheriff must feel.

Steelman, always enjoy your insightful comments.

You have 4 adults with this child. 2 of them with child at any given moment. 10 min window for a 2 year old to completely vanish from a wilderness with very rough terrain. Nothing found. No clothes, no boots. No blood or traces of clothing. Its almost impossible to imagine how this could have happened. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876