ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleuthing whether or why DeOrr's mom has custody of other children isn't really on. She's not a suspect or POI so it really doesn't matter

I am wondering if DeOrr could have been put into the trunk of a car and driven off during the time everybody was in a panic?

We have never been given a list of everybody there. We know nothing about the mystery man.

So could others have joined them and
left.

Sometimes friends like to join campers for the day but don't care to spend the night.

GGP turns his head for a moment and lil Deorr just vanishes, so GGP knew he had lil Deorr with him

If GGP and his friend had of started yelling right away would the sounds have echoed in the mountains making it that mom and dad would have heard them.

Do we know if the friend was on the site at time of lil Deorr going missing or were they out exploring also

What if GGP and lil Deorr were hanging, GGP looks over and here walking away is a blue jean wearing guy in a hat with a orangish hoodie, which is probably a pretty common outfit for men camping and thought it was big Deorr carrying lil Deorr, but it wasn't. GGP is 72 his eyesight might not be good and from a distance the person might have looked like big Deorr to GGP

Wouldn't Deorr Jr. have cried, yelled and resisted a stranger picking him up? For sure, HE would have noticed it wasn't his Dad! And that yelling would have alerted the adults pretty fast.

Wouldn't Deorr Jr. have cried, yelled and resisted a stranger picking him up? For sure, HE would have noticed it wasn't his Dad! And that yelling would have alerted the adults pretty fast.

The same was said with William Tyrrell

Is Ammon Walmart where the parents were shopping? I thought that store was in Leadore.

They did go to the store at Leadore. I could be wrong, but I believe the sighting at 6pm may not have been from the Leadore store, but from the Walmart and the information may have been misconstrued. I may be wrong. Do we know for certain the 6pm sighting was from the Leadore store? From a police source? The family may have heard about the 6pm sighting and assumed it was at the store in Leadore? I'm not too sure. I just know I hadn't heard about this other sighting and it could possibly explain the confusion surrounding the sightings. Anyone else want to chime in with their thoughts?

I don't think all kids would freak out, some kids are more out going than others.

They could have told lil Deorr that they were taking him to daddy, they could have gave him candy to keep him busy, it could have been someone little Deorr was familiar with.

We know that mom and dad were not on the camp site when Deorr went missing, we know GGP was on the site, but we don't know where the friend of GGP was.

Do you have to register at this camp ground?

I've never read anywhere that the gates in and out of the campground were closed and any vehicle in or out was searched,

Is Ammon Walmart where the parents were shopping? I thought that store was in Leadore.

The Ammon Walmart sighting was ruled out by police with video surveillance. Ammon is approx. 125 miles from Leadore. The store closest to the campground that the family apparently visited is in Leadore which is 10 miles from the campground (but due to bad terrain reportedly it takes 40 minutes to get there by 4WD/SUV).

Someone posted on the Help Find Deorr FB page about a strange sighting (at a convenience store) of 2 "very smelly" older men in a red and gray pickup truck with matching camper, toting around a large amount of kids (both boys and girls of various ages) - the boys just wearing PJ pants. The kids apparently looked "scared or hopeless." Some kids came into the store, while others were still out in the car. This was in Benton City, WA (Southeastern WA State, not far from the Idaho border). Has anyone else seen this post? Does it seem strange/suspicious to you?

I thought of Deorr yesterday while visiting a friend. She yelled to her daughter to "get her camo jacket" as she was going to wash it. The daughter returned with a hideous pink camo hoodie. The reason I thought of Deorr is because he was reported to be wearing a camo jacket, blue pajama bottoms and camo boots when he went missing. I have seen a few pics of him in in what appears to be a fleece camo brown/green jacket. Has it been confirmed that is what he was wearing and if the "oversized" cowboy boots were truly children's boots and just a size or more too big for him (and he didn't step into a pair of an adults boots that were at the campsite and start toddling around in them)? The pic of the little boy in large cowboy boots that was linked to a few pages back made me think of that.

Since camo jackets (and other apparel) come in the old-school brown/green colors as well as orange, pink, blue and who knows what other color "camo" patterns these days, it would be helpful to know exactly what Deorr was wearing when he was last seen. In many missing children's cases they show pics of the exact outfits the children were last seen in (or pics of exact or close replicas) but I have not seen that yet in this case.

I don't think all kids would freak out, some kids are more out going than others.

They could have told lil Deorr that they were taking him to daddy, they could have gave him candy to keep him busy, it could have been someone little Deorr was familiar with.

We know that mom and dad were not on the camp site when Deorr went missing, we know GGP was on the site, but we don't know where the friend of GGP was.

Do you have to register at this camp ground?

I've never read anywhere that the gates in and out of the campground were closed and any vehicle in or out was searched,

If it's a wilderness area website, you don't have to register or pay and there won't necessarily be gates to close. Just pit toilets, camping pads and fire pits, no other amenities. I've stayed in some like that in WA State.

The same was said with William Tyrrell

Oh yes, I had forgotten about that case! Very strange and heartbreaking. Makes you want to hang on very tight to your kids and not let them out of your sight. I am an overprotective Mommy because of incidents like these.

So I was thinking, could we make a possible list of suspects who may have abducted DeOrr? Like known RSO's and what not in the area. I was reading about a guy from Oregon who is known for abusing children who disappeared recently.
I understand most people have excluded the abduction possibility by now, but I don't see the harm in investigating that possible angle.

Another thing to consider is that there were literally hundreds of people at the scene searching for little Deorr plus the dogs...could it be that the dogs couldn't find a scent because of the amount of people present?

<modsnip>

While the tracking dogs did apparently confirm that Deorr Jr. was at the campsite (but couldn't track him further) is it possible that they could have simply picked up on some objects that had Deorr Jr's scent on them that were at the campsite (i.e. his blanket) and not Deorr Jr. himself?

but I don't see the harm in investigating that possible angle.

I think ALL angles should be investigated at this point. We all have our own "theories" but the fact is that none of us know for certain what happened to our precious little boy, but we ALL want to find him! :( :( :( :( :(

Usually, when I go to bed I just put my head on the pillow and follow sleep within seconds. I haven't been able to fall asleep that quickly for almost two weeks because all I think about is this little boy....

While the tracking dogs did apparently confirm that Deorr Jr. was at the campsite (but couldn't track him further) is it possible that they could have simply picked up on some objects that had Deorr Jr's scent on them that were at the campsite (i.e. his blanket) and not Deorr Jr. himself?

That's a great question and I am wondering that myself. If the dogs were given the scent (from Deorrs blanket or whatever) is it possible the dogs would "hit" on other items of Deorrs that may have been there and had his scent?

FWIW, adding:

The family says Deorr's parent's believed his grandfather was watching him at the campsite at Timber Creek Campground while his grandfather believed the tot was down by the creek with his parents.
http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/ida...ve-days-after-wandering-away-campsite-n392776

Has it been said WHERE GGP saw him when he looked away for second? Because in combination with GGPs BELIEF that Deorr was with Mom & Dad at the creek makes it sound as if that is where he last saw the boy was with his parents at the creek?? I am not accusing, just really trying to understand what is being conveyed...

If he disappeared that fast then I really think he is in the water :(

They did go to the store at Leadore. I could be wrong, but I believe the sighting at 6pm may not have been from the Leadore store, but from the Walmart and the information may have been misconstrued. I may be wrong. Do we know for certain the 6pm sighting was from the Leadore store? From a police source? The family may have heard about the 6pm sighting and assumed it was at the store in Leadore? I'm not too sure. I just know I hadn't heard about this other sighting and it could possibly explain the confusion surrounding the sightings. Anyone else want to chime in with their thoughts?

It was two different stores on two different days. The clerk at the store in Leadore said she saw him on July 10, the day he went missing. The possible sighting in Ammon was on Monday, three days later. http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/bonneville-co-sheriff-receives-possible-lead-on-missing-child/

According to Sgt. Jeff Edwards, a woman at the Ammon Walmart called the Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office around 3:45 p.m. She told detectives she spotted a boy she believed could have been Deorr Kunz Jr. with a man. The two-year-old disappeared while camping with his family in Leadore, Idaho on Friday.

Interesting though, because I believe the family has ties to Ammon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l