ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wears fleece camo jackets on a hot summer July day? just saying?

The parents have been pictured wearing hoodies at the scene so that doesn't surprise me. I live in South Texas, so the thought of a jacket would be unusual here, but someone posted the temps where the campsite was and I can imagine it could be chilly. (that sounds pretty good to me right now!)

Wouldn't Deorr Jr. have cried, yelled and resisted a stranger picking him up? For sure, HE would have noticed it wasn't his Dad! And that yelling would have alerted the adults pretty fast.

predator may have had duct tape

How recent were those pics in the camo jacket? kids grow out of things very quickly..

I thought of Deorr yesterday while visiting a friend. She yelled to her daughter to "get her camo jacket" as she was going to wash it. The daughter returned with a hideous pink camo hoodie. The reason I thought of Deorr is because he was reported to be wearing a camo jacket, blue pajama bottoms and camo boots when he went missing. I have seen a few pics of him in in what appears to be a fleece camo brown/green jacket. Has it been confirmed that is what he was wearing and if the "oversized" cowboy boots were truly children's boots and just a size or more too big for him (and he didn't step into a pair of an adults boots that were at the campsite and start toddling around in them)? The pic of the little boy in large cowboy boots that was linked to a few pages back made me think of that.

Since camo jackets (and other apparel) come in the old-school brown/green colors as well as orange, pink, blue and who knows what other color "camo" patterns these days, it would be helpful to know exactly what Deorr was wearing when he was last seen. In many missing children's cases they show pics of the exact outfits the children were last seen in (or pics of exact or close replicas) but I have not seen that yet in this case.

I share the frustration with the lack of information being given out. Coming from a camo-wearing family I want to point out that when people refer to "camo" it is assumed they mean the traditional green/tan/brown/black color scheme. If I am talking about my pink camo, I call it my pink camo. As an example, I have three pairs of gloves - pink camo, purple camo, and "camo".

Even the companies that design camo patterns make that distinction. The traditional colored items are called "camo" and the non-traditional are called "colored camo". See http://www.realtree.com/camo-guide and http://www.realtree.com/realtree-ap-hd-camo-colors

One frustration with this case is the obvious lack of forthcoming information. While I can understand LE withholding certain info, there is no reason that I can think of to not release as much description detail as possible that might aid in locating the child, especially from the parents.

Their silence is most unusual to me. As far as I know there have been no appearances on the Today Show or Good Morning America as you usually see in these cases, especially while the case is in the early stages.

I too have seen the pictures of him wearing a fleece camo jacket. How hard would it be to say this is similar to the jacket he was wearing or even the exact one? Or as in some cases, find a stock picture of a similar outfit.

The same with the cowboy boots. They have said they are "oversized" camo boots. What does that even mean? Oversized can be interrupted different ways as we have seen on here...child boots that are a little loose? Or way too big to the point of falling off or even an adult boot he was playing in? Or the right size but oversized as in higher on the top than the average boot? Again, it seems finding a picture of similar boots would not be that hard to do.

I just find the lack of obvious details that might help lead to discovery of what happened to this baby not only frustrating, but I also question the motive behind it. I am not referring to things that could hamper an investigation. But if this were my baby missing I would be screaming out every bit of detail that I could get out to the public to anyone that would listen. Perhaps LE has just advised them to be quiet since the speculation is hampering the investigation.

I don't think there's anything they could do at this point that would be "good enough," because if they were online posting information then they'd be criticized too..."if that were my baby, I wouldn't even be able to type!"

I've been in a similar enough situation, and read enough WS threads to know that people will criticize a parent regardless. If they cry they're hysterical and guilty, if they don't, they're cold and guilty.

Not saying that you would be like that, just saying everyone knows what they would do until it actually happens.

The mountains are often more chilly than down in town. It seems like being by the water might make it even cooler, but I have no scientific basis for saying that.

Do we know if anybody is still up there searching at this point?

I think emotions run high as well. I think we need to understand that even in the scenario that family has nothing to do with Deorr's disappearance, they are not only terrified about what happened with their boy but also perhaps very scared about the legal implications if they ever determine there was neglect.

The mountains are often more chilly than down in town. It seems like being by the water might make it even cooler, but I have no scientific basis for saying that.

Exactly. It can be much cooler, which is why you wear layers - including a jacket/hoodie/sweater/coat for a little kid.

If there is a possibility that Deorr was abducted, is there a reason why there is no reward being offered?

The elevation of the campsite is about 7,600 feet. It is up in the mountains. Even if the thermometer reads 80 degrees in the sun, the lack of humidity and thinner air makes it feel much colder. A jacket would be appropriate for a child.

If there is a possibility that Deorr was abducted, is there a reason why there is no reward being offered?

Good question. The family just might not have the money to put up for a reward. Or they don't really think he was abducted.

They've said there is a "LE presence". I don't know what that means.

I know they said that they planned to have LE presence, but have they followed through on what they planned? Is the family still up there? Are there volunteers out there? I wish some news stations would go up there and give us an update on what has been going on.

ADMIN NOTE: Welcome to our new members.

If you haven't done so yet, please take a little time to review THE RULES forum, particularly Etiquette & Information.

In the meantime, I'll give you the run down on a few important ones.

• Rumors and gossip are NOT allowed on WS. If you read it on Facebook, leave it on Facebook.
  • Unless LE indicates that an individual is a POI/suspect, that individual is OFF LIMITS to sleuthing and speculation. Please keep your suspicions to yourself.
  • WS holds to a "victim friendly" policy, so the above applies even more strongly to family members, particularly parents and spouses, who in most cases are innocent, and suffering terribly when their loved one is missing or murdered. The last thing we want to do is add to their pain. Therefore, they always are granted the benefit of the doubt.
  • Brainstorming theories is encouraged, but must be based on fact. For our purposes, "fact" refers to information published in the mainstream media (MSM) or other acceptable sources, such as academic and professional publications.
  • When you state something as "fact", you must back it up with a link to an approved source.
  • If you can't link it, you can't post it.
  • Social media is a nightmare in terms of rumors. You can summarize information from an original post on a LE or MSM FB page. No copy and paste, no screenshots, and you must include link.
  • Comments and posts by the general public are considered rumor, and therefore, off limits. Again, leave them where you find them.
  • Mods have the right to edit and delete posts at their discretion if deemed inappropriate, or in violation of TOS. Complaints, questions and concerns should be addressed in a private message to a mod or admin. DO NOT post them in the thread.
  • If at any time, you have questions or need assistance, the mod team is happy to help you. Please use the pm system to contact us.

The above is only a partial list of the rules. You'll find others in the links provided. Please check them out, as it is your responsibility to know them.

One last note:

**LE has stated Deorr's parents are cooperating, and are not considered suspects. Negative comments toward the parents will be met with ZERO TOLERANCE, and result in a TIME OUT, no questions asked.**

:tyou:

Bessie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads