ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 15 minute interview i listened to twice this morning as well as the transcript on this thread the mother said his things were left in the campground.. if she said truck at another time then that is a change..jmo

Hmmm did she ever say in the truck?
Anyone know?
I kind of remember in the truck! not sure now tho!

I don't know if I should even say this, but the thought of this possibility has been nagging me. Does anyone think it's "possible" that GGP witnessed something terrible happen to little Deorr and he has just been unable to come to terms with it? For clarity, I DO NOT mean anything caused by himself, the parents, or Isaac.

As in, he may be in shock or suffering from some post traumatic stress? It's a sad thought. I hope not.

The blanket was found in the truck!
He never went anywhere without it!

So he was LAST in that truck!
Or he didn't take his blanket out of the truck.

When MOM and DAd last saw him did he have it with him?

I read in one of the articles that GGP said the last time he saw little Deorr he was there at the campsite playing in the dirt. I personally doubt he would have had his blanket with him in the dirt. I think the parents meant that he doesn't leave them, meaning actually going away from them, without his blanket. I don't think he would have been like Linus trailing it around in the dirt everywhere... surely not.

"The blanket was in the truck, so Jessica now has got that blanket and she will not let go of it. She holds it, smells it, loves it," Kunz says.

http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks

Yes, the above is from JM's father-in-law (for clarity of which DeOrr) & note here it was the interviewer who said the items were left at the campsite, the parents didn't mention where.

I: tell me about the blanket.Jessica: this is his blanket. He doesn't go anywhere without his blanket, his cup, or his monkey, and all three of them were left at the campground. And since he..
D: All three has to be with him.
J: Yes.
D: He will trip over them if he has to, but they are going with him, and this is the first time since he's been born, pretty much, that he's been without these things...and that's another reason why we were wondering.
J: Yes, because this is the blanket that we brought him home in from the hospital, this is his, this is what comforts him and at all times.
D: This is an exact replica of a security blanket, for everybody this is his actual blanket - he does not go anywhere without it, that's our other concern of why.

From your link:

"There have been efforts to bring in another volunteer search, but locals in Leadore believe search time needs to be spent somewhere else.

Rebecca Cox, owner of The Silver Dollar Bar and Cafe, said, "I don't think he's up there." "It's so rural up there and the drive up there. No one would be going up there to look for a kid to kidnap. They just wouldn't drive up. You wouldn't want to go up there. The road is horrible."

"The blanket was in the truck, so Jessica now has got that blanket and she will not let go of it. She holds it, smells it, loves it," Kunz says.

http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks

This was the people interview with the grandpa that wasnt there at the campsite. The mom said in her own words on the 15 minute interview that deorr"s things (blanket, monkey and sippy cup) were left at the campground. Either grandpa who wasnt there has it wrong or this is a change..

My take on the blanket, monkey and cup is that mom and dad are trying to get it out that those are lil DeOrr's 3 favorite things, and if he goes places he drags them along, that doesn't mean that he always has them in his hands, just that they go with him in the car, to grandma's, to the store, to bed, when snuggling on the couch. I think mom and dad are trying to stress how much lil DeOrr needs those things to give him comfort. I don't find it odd that they were left behind, there are lots of pictures of lil DeOrr playing, having a great time with no blanket, monkey or cup in the picture. DeOrr was probably so busy at the campsite playing in the dirt finding sticks and rocks, that he would have been only looking for his stuff when it came time to nap or go to bed. It's been reported that he was playing in the dirt, people don't usually let their kids drag blankets threw the dirt, especially if the kid is sleeping with them, I could see mom and dad keeping lil DeOrr's special things safe so they stayed clean for bedtime.

I've camped with my kids from the time they were babies, the only time they needed any of their things was when it was time to sleep, other than that they were too busy to worry about their things, there were even times they would fall asleep with out their things because they had played so hard, they would just curl up and doze off. Kids get busy and set down their favorite things when something new comes along, but when it comes time for them to feel secure is when they want their stuff.

I wish we could get clarification of how big are the boots are they a half size to big or are they 2 sizes to big, oversized is so vague.

This was the people interview with the grandpa that wasnt there at the campsite. The mom said in her own words on the 15 minute interview that deorr"s things (blanket, monkey and sippy cup) were left at the campground. Either grandpa who wasnt there has it wrong or this is a change..

I don't know that it was a "change" because the truck was at the campground.

Just to change tack for a minute.

I'm sure LE have checked this out but does anyone know if this traffic cam records? If so, it would be a source of good information on car movements and times?

http://lb.511.idaho.gov/idlb/cameras/camera.jsf?id=7

Tony Latham (retired Idaho Fish and Game investigator) suggested that the sheriff had looked at the traffic cameras. http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/

I've linked the Gilmore Summit web cam through wunderground.com weather: South View and North View.
Right now, it is set for 07-09-15, but you can change the date. You can see a video of screen-shots for a 24-hour period that lasts for a few seconds. :( Maybe someone with more finesse can find something. This was the only traffic cam that I could link to wunderground. HTH

It's unclear (at least to me) what little DeOrr was actually doing. His father said this according to the transcript:

D
:.he was over, he was getting ready for a nap, uh say it was almost, by that time it was almost two, and he usually takes his nap, um...we was just, yeah, we decided we were going to go a little exploring, and he was going to be good with grandpa by the campfire, we weren't more than fifty..

Subtlegrace... I think this is a good theory. I couldn't really process how he would have done it, but this seems plausible.

This case.... I am so scared that it will be one of those cases that will remain open for far too long.

IMHO I think that anyone would realize that another person's baby would "mean everything" to that person/couple. Unless it had been proven in the past that the baby didn't. I have seen nor read zilch indicating that.
I tend to fall into suspecting someone more like Israel Keyes (deceased) who planned insane murders @places that had nada to do w/him.
I know everyone here is familiar w/Keyes and others like him. Just for example:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Keyes
[Keyes planned murders long ahead of time and took extraordinary action to avoid detection. Unlike most serial killers, he did not have a victim profile. He always killed far from home, and never in the same area twice. On his murder trips, he kept his mobile phone turned off and paid for items with cash. He had no connection to any of his victims.]
Much more @link. These killers are travelers and do strike in very remote areas.
jmho
additional interesting about Keyes:
[he flew to Chicago, and there rented a car to drive the 1000 additional miles to Vermont]

Yes, Keyes was a monster. I can't hardly stand to read about him. Which brings up another thought. With all the restrictions on where sex offenders can live, there have been many cases where they go off-grid to live. Many cities have strict rules about school zones, playgrounds, bus stops, homeless shelters, etc. I have no doubt our national parks and forests have become the new homes of many sex offenders.

http://www.facingcriminalcharges.com/blog/2014/02/registration-sex-offender-means-camping-life.shtml
Registration As A Sex Offender Means Camping For Life?

http://www.thecrimereport.org/news/...esidency-bans-drive-sex-offenders-underground
Do Residency Bans Drive Sex Offenders Underground?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Tuttle_Causeway_sex_offender_colony
Julia Tuttle Causeway sex offender colony

It's unclear (at least to me) what little DeOrr was actually doing. His father said this according to the transcript:

D
:.he was over, he was getting ready for a nap, uh say it was almost, by that time it was almost two, and he usually takes his nap, um...we was just, yeah, we decided we were going to go a little exploring, and he was going to be good with grandpa by the campfire, we weren't more than fifty..

According to ggpa, I thought, he was playing in the dirt. It sounds to me as though he was ready for a nap, plopped down to play in the dirt, mom and dad walked away to explore and planned to come back to settle him in for his nap.

Yes, Keyes was a monster. I can't hardly stand to read about him. Which brings up another thought. With all the restrictions on where sex offenders can live, there have been many cases where they go off-grid to live. Many cities have strict rules about school zones, playgrounds, bus stops, homeless shelters, etc. I have no doubt our national parks and forests have become the new homes of many sex offenders.

http://www.facingcriminalcharges.com/blog/2014/02/registration-sex-offender-means-camping-life.shtml
Registration As A Sex Offender Means Camping For Life?

http://www.thecrimereport.org/news/...esidency-bans-drive-sex-offenders-underground
Do Residency Bans Drive Sex Offenders Underground?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Tuttle_Causeway_sex_offender_colony
Julia Tuttle Causeway sex offender colony

100% agree.
It's as likely as any 4-legged wild animal out there.
Why take a toddler? Have no idea what drives such monsters.
In a sex offender's mind, it would be more like "why not"?
jmho

Have all family phones been checked out for timeline locations? If you go to phone settings, click on privacy, then location services you scroll down to System Services and can see everywhere someone has been and for how long. I think it is only for Apple

Sweet little 5 yr old Jerald, missing in Lake Jacob, AZ was just found deceased. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allewine