ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this video, starting at about 17:29, they show a picture of what the parents said Deorr was wearing when he went missing. I am not sure how close these clothes/boots are to what he was really wearing because it says "only representation".

[video=youtube;h8RrEX5Kknc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8RrEX5Kknc[/video]

That's frustrating because we don't know if those are duplicates or just CNN image filler. NE says at 17:24 that JM and DK are staying in a tent. I missed that before.

Exactly. So, the next question is, if per dad they left at 2 pm to go explore for "10-15 minutes," they would have returned between 2:10 to 2:15 and it was at that time they realized Deorr was missing.

JM, however, told 911 Deorr was missing for an hour, and because the 911 call was made by JM at 2:28, that would have to mean Deorr was missing as early as 1:28 per JM.

How could he be missing at 1:28 when dad said it was around 2:00 when they last saw Deorr playing with GGP? He said they left to explore for only 10-15 minutes which means they realized he was missing at 2:10-2:15, not 1:28.

Did he really go missing at 1:28 pm? Or did he go missing somewhere shortly after they left at 2:00 and up to 2:00 to 2:15 when they returned? How long was the child really missing? There is a 42 to 47 minute discrepancy from the time mom states (1:28 pm) and the time dad states (2:10-2:15). Would be nice to narrow that timeline down a bit.
jmo

I have never been able to get that timeline to fit correctly. :waitasec:

Where are the boots? If they were so big that they would fall off when mom picked him up, then why haven't they been found?

If an animal attack, the boots would be left behind quite close to where the attack occurred.

The boots would have slowed the toddler down quite a bit, so how far could he wander in those big boots? Not far. No boots found.

The boots would slip off if he was in water.

Would an abductor take the boots with him? Didn't Jessica Lundsford's abductor take one of her toys with her? It is possible. But then why take the boots? Why bother?

How did this baby disappear from a campsite within feet of 4 adults and get so far away in his 'too big boots' that he can not be found and neither can the boots?

I don't know why I missed this, please tell I'm the only one.

"With Deorr's mom and dad, of course they're suspect. They (LE) think maybe they had an accident, and they decided to cover the accident up because they couldn't explain the accident so let's bury the body....And say he was abducted or say he's missing we have no idea...that investigation was a zero, there's no probability of that...so they want to go through the people they have in hand first because sometimes there are sinister crimes that occur."

I don't know why I missed this, please tell I'm the only one.

"With Deorr's mom and dad, of course they're suspect. They (LE) think maybe they had an accident, and they decided to cover the accident up because they couldn't explain the accident so let's bury the body....And say he was abducted or say he's missing we have no idea...that investigation was a zero, there's no probability of that...so they want to go through the people they have in hand first because sometimes there are sinister crimes that occur."

Link?

Thank you for posting these! In the second image with the "person" in it, if you look closely it looks like something is laying on the ground, almost like a light yellow/white blob, just at the foot of the "person". The blob is not there in the first image.

Darn, I seem to remember some picture of a tan colored dog from way back. Did someone bring their family dog along? And I take back my "black blob maybe being a road sign" thought..

BBM
I see that you used quotations around "Bowerman said" in your post above. I find that after re-reading the six lines suggested by you, not only is it not a direct quote from the parents as I stated previously, but it is also not a direct quote from Bowerman.

Although I do understand the point you are trying to make, what you are posting is not a "direct quote" from the sheriff.

Specifically, the paragraph you referred me to is:

Lines 1-6
The child's parents, DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, told authorities they left their home in Idaho Falls on July 10 for a weekend camping trip that included their son, as well as the mother's grandfather and his friend.

They told investigators they thought their son had stayed at the camp when they left to hike. They said they realized he was missing when they came back and learned his great-grandfather did not know the boy's whereabouts, Bowerman said.

I do not see any quotation marks whatsoever in those six lines so it cannot be considered a direct quote from Bowerman.

The remaining lines of the article also contain a "Bowerman said":

Hundreds of tips have poured in from all over the globe suggesting the child has been seen as far away as Hong Kong, but Bowerman said he is ruling out a kidnapping.

Once again, even though it reads "Bowerman said", there are no direct quotes.

Last line of the article:
"There is no evidence suggesting DeOrr was abducted," the sheriff said.

This is the only direct quote from the sheriff in the entire article, and it has quotation marks around it, so it can be attributed directly to the Sheriff. As you can see, it does not state anything about when JM or DK Sr left their home."

But that's JMO, IMO, MOO

Do we even know if this Reuters reporter actually talked to the Sheriff himself? Did she talk to someone at the Sheriff's office? Did she talk to JM or DK Sr? Did she get her information elsewhere and just report on what she read/heard and quoted what someone else had previously quoted from the Sheriff? Is Reuters a local paper? Is she a local reporter? These are all things we should factor in before considering it factual, etc.

The quotes "I" placed around - Bowerman said - were merely placed there to make it easy to find - to point out where it is in the paragraph. I "thought" that was clear. Sorry for any confusion.

Could you please cite your claim. I'm having trouble finding confirmation. TIA

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/docs/rules/bgLaws.pdf
Predatory and Unprotected Wildlife:
Coyotes, skunks, weasels, jackrabbits, raccoons and starlingsare classified by Idaho law as predatory. Eurasian collared doves,English sparrows and feral pigeons are unprotected. Predatory and unprotected wildlife may be taken in any number year-round and at any time by holders of the appropriate valid Idaho hunting or trapping licenses, provided such taking is not in violation of state, county or city laws, ordinances, rules or regulations.

Here's the link for hunting seasons:

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/hunt/rules/?getPage=63

I'm not really sure where I'm going w/my thoughts on an official camping season. Fire season should bring any effected areas into a no camping situation. That's just logical.
Just thinking and wondering about if there is a season so to speak or if the roads are passable and there is no other specific danger, could a person camp anytime of the year?
jmho

Camping season:
May 15, 2015 to October 15, 2015

IMO

Does this apply to the PI working for the family?

Why would this man (PI) care to participate in an online "parlor game"? I am sorry but I think calling and asking him questions is just not productive. I would think asking him to get on TV ( Maybe nancy grace will do a follow-up?).. calling that Nate Eaton and asking him to get a better interview might be a better avenue. IMO, the Eaton interviews seem controlled.. what can be asked .. what is off limits.. what wasnt answered or pinned down..Eaton or another reporter needs an in depth interview. Of course, we have no right to know ANYTHING EXCEPT.. IF there is a 2 legged predator who was in the area. That is a matter for safety for the people there and I would think IF LE truly suspected there was an abduction, that would be made clear for the safety of all. Just my opinion.

I have never been able to get that timeline to fit correctly. :waitasec:

If i am not mistaken the dad said in the unedited 15 minute interview that he (or they) never left the camp after 1 pm. He said this i think around the time he was refuting the 6om evening store sighting on Friday. The P.I. referenced that the family went into town the morning after they arrived or something like that.. IF they arrived on Friday in the afternoon then they arrived at 1201 on Friday and turned right around and went to the store and never left the camp after 1 pm. From `1-2 they set up camp then went exploring and baby was lost. This timeline is too tight to make sense to me. The only thing that makes sense is that they arrived Thursday evening.

That forest ranger (retired) who of course wasnt there and was just commenting on his experience in similar case made the point that LE would be looking at everything including if the baby was even there. Nancy Grace also wasnt there, neither was John Walsh.. but we listen to these people because we think they have some expertise. I think the baby either was never there or they arrived Thursday evening. Those are the 2 scenarios that , imo based on what has been put out there, makes sense. IMO, unless we have a valid time line everything else is irrelevant. Once you have that, then you can take everything else in context and piece it together. Again i say, if this was a suspected abduction by LE it would be a matter of public safety for LE to reveal their suspicion. JMO

According to this link:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/scnf/recreation/camping-cabins/?recid=76008&actid=29

Timber Creek Campground is in the Lost River Ranger District, not the Leadore Ranger District. Meadow Lake Campground, where the sheriff said the male RSO is employed, is in the Leadore Ranger District. Maybe everyone already knows this, but I didn't.

There are two Timber Creek Campgrounds. The one in the Lost River District is further south, closer to MacKay. Here is the link to the Timber Creek/Stone Reservoir campsite where DeOrr went missing from: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea?recid=76098

Here is the link to the OTHER Timber Creek Campground: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=76050&actid=29

I don't know if this has already been posted. The reporter from East Idaho News did an interview with 580 KIDO radio on Wednesday. I don't have time to listen to it, so I don't know if there is anything new or any clarifications in it. Here is the radio station website: http://580kido.com/ and here is the recording of the interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB1jNvgY-uk&feature=youtu.be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member