ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned. It seems like one of the main purposes of the interview with the PI was to get the word out that they now have a nationwide toll free number for tips. I hope that means that they will be getting some more national media coverage.

Jumping off your post, it isn't clear at least to me who's toll-free # this is. Shouldn't all tips go to either the Sheriff Office or FBI first?

I hope NG does pick this story up again & she may now if people are willing to share information, otherwise how does the media cover the story?

Hey everyone, I am just wondering, now that they have a tip line through the PI, will all of the information they receive be passed onto the FBI? How does that work? Are tips passed on at the PI's discretion, or are they required to pass on all info. This seems like it could cause some serious problems in terms of an official investigation. Sorry for my ignorance, I am not familiar with how PI's work. Thanks in advance!

Also, another question. Do PI's have access to evidence in a case like this? My guess would be no right? Can someone explain private investigators to us that know nothing about them? Their roles, rights, responsibilities, certification processes etc. Also, I wish they would bring in TES to go over the area throughly. It wouldn't rule out the little boy still being there, but at least it would show it as less likely or sadly, they may find something.

Unless it was THIS particular 2 yr old baby. Who, indeed, would want to hurt the parents enough to take the child?

:cow:

The parents, especially the mom, seem so broken..deorr's grandfather, the one who wasnt camping, and was interviewed by People mag said it has torn the family apart.. per Sheriff Bowerman, The FBI has everything including "physical evidence". What all would the "physical evidence" include?

I just read that they found that other little boy Jerald 3.7 miles from the last place he was seen (near his campsite). So sad.
The parents waited 4 hours before notifying the police and they were with a group of 20. The air force assisted in the search.
The parents are devestated as one would expect, but the outpouring of support is much different for that family.
I just don't understand why the same resources aren't in searches..I guess it comes down to money and status sadly...

I just realized that the town of Leadore is lead ore. Idaho has a lot of name mash-ups!

The parents, especially the mom, seem so broken..deorr's grandfather, the one who wasnt camping, and was interviewed by People mag said it has torn the family apart.. per Sheriff Bowerman, The FBI has everything including "physical evidence". What all would the "physical evidence" include?

The physical evidence would probably refer to DNA samples, fingerprints, clothing, the monkey, cup and blanket, and general stuff from the campsite...like alcohol, utensils, ash from the fire...

Also, another question. Do PI's have access to evidence in a case like this? My guess would be no right? Can someone explain private investigators to us that know nothing about them? Their roles, rights, responsibilities, certification processes etc. Also, I wish they would bring in TES to go over the area throughly. It wouldn't rule out the little boy still being there, but at least it would show it as less likely or sadly, they may find something.

Personally, IDK but this is what the PI said in the taped interview at 6:48 min. in:

"they didn't share exactly their investigative results."

This is the most information I've read on the entire thread about *exactly* what happened when DeOrr was supposed to be napping. I thought I had read that the parents were off exploring and the grandparents were left to watch him during naptime. This says the parents were setting up camp.
Does anyone know exactly where everyone was during this "4 minute window" where he disappeared?

This is what I'm referring to, I don't yet know how to include a piece of someone's post when replying:

"The elder Kunz says the boy's parents were setting up camp and assumed Mitchell's grandfather, who was also on the trip, was watching the boy."

"There's a four-minute window where no one had an eye on him," says Kunz, 70. "My grandson is paying the ultimate price for thiz."

Also of interest from this article (July 17th):

It always bothers me when stories change. This setting up camp is way different than going down to the creek to look around and leaving the baby by the fire with great grand pa. Setting up camp implies that they were at the camp site area. Maybe it's changed because the PI told them it looks less negligent if they were at the camp site? Also now the french fries, arriving the night before? Some old man may have been staring at the boy cause he looked like his grandson, who knows. But I am upset that the story has changed to me that is not a good thing.

One other thing, if they arrived the night before wouldn't camp already have been set up?

RSBM

Tuesday, August 11 - Sheriff: Evidence for missing toddler DeOrr Kunz turned over to FBI
By KBOI Web Staff Published: Aug 11, 2015

"Bowerman said Tuesday that everything has been turned over to the FBI, which includes interviews, recordings and physical evidence. The FBI told the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office that it could be at least six weeks before it receives any information back from federal investigators." (source: http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/DeOr...321484631.html) [DEAD LINK]

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/DeOrr-Kunz-Missing-Idaho-321484631.html [Link Fixed]

Personally, IDK but this is what the PI said in the taped interview at 6:48 min. in:

"they didn't share exactly their investigative results."

Thank you for that Dee. That was what I was thinking.

As an aside regarding evidence, would drug and alcohol testing be required in a situation like this. I am NOT accusing or insinuating anything about the family, I am just curious. I would think investigators would need a warrant or something like that unless the family willingly volunteered something like that.

It always bothers me when stories change. This setting up camp is way different than going down to the creek to look around and leaving the baby by the fire with great grand pa. Setting up camp implies that they were at the camp site area. Maybe it's changed because the PI told them it looks less negligent if they were at the camp site? Also now the french fries, arriving the night before? Some old man may have been staring at the boy cause he looked like his grandson, who knows. But I am upset that the story has changed to me that is not a good thing.

IMO the truth never really changes.... little bits might be added or left out as times passes but the
Truth is the truth. A lie u cant remember because it never really happened u don't have a memory of it to fall back on.

The article from People magazine was an interview with the paternal grandfather. He was NOT AT THE CAMPGROUND. Anything he says is second hand information. This article has been discussed several times before. The 4 minute window has been discussed several times before. The "setting up camp" comment has been discussed several times before. It is old news and a poorly written article that keeps getting dragged into the discussion.

One other thing, if they arrived the night before wouldn't camp already have been set up?

Things are being taken out of context. The "setting up camp comment" is from an old article. That is not new news and it does not indicate that the story has changed. It was an interview with a man who wasn't even there to witness the events that day.

I don't feel satisfied with this interview. I do think this gentleman has much to offer (his background and experience) however, I just didn't get much of what I'd hoped for from this. I like fact-based communication and information, such as "here is a whiteboard and the facts and times according to my clients are clearly laid out for us to discuss". I suppose his goal was to spread awareness and not lay out info to be dissected; but wouldn't a simple 60 second review of the key basics have been wonderful?
Also, near the beginning, when he mentioned the name Isaac, it seemed to me that either there was an edit in the video or there was an awkward and abrupt change of subject. MOOOOOOO!

Yep, I heard that glitch AND the one where he disclosed where he knew DKsr from. Done on purpose, says I.

I had hopes of hearing something of interest too, but this guy said a lot of not much except hypotheticals as far as I'm concerned. Oh, aside from the guy who was staring at Deorr. Right now I don't have any faith or trust in the PI, but that could change the way everything else about this case is changing.

My opinion only

Things are being taken out of context. The "setting up camp comment" is from an old article. That is not new news and it does not indicate that the story has changed. It was an interview with a man who wasn't even there to witness the events that day.

Yeah, but neither was JM's mom. I believe we heard Thursday, didn't we?

It would be kinda nice if we could even know what day they got there.

I found it odd in the interview w/the PI where he discusses the "staring old man"--he says (my words):
maybe the man lost a grandson and thought DeOrr looked like him, was him (?) and took him.
That is a very odd point of view, imo.
Brings me back around to who would want to hurt this family? And if this actually occurred, is the PI speculating that someone took DeOrr as a "replacement"? Seems that is one option he is implying. Guess it does foster hope DeOrr is alive.
Confusion reigns....
imho

Yeah, but neither was JM's mom. I believe we heard Thursday, didn't we?

It would be kinda nice if we could even know what day they got there.

The interview with the PI says they got there on Thursday. It is the first time their arrival date was actually mentioned in a media interview. I think the Friday timeline was speculation by East Idaho News and all the other reporters just ran with it.

I am just frustrated that people are coming into the thread and dragging up old poorly written articles and interpreting them as new facts. I'll step away from the thread once again.

The possibility that the family arrived Thursday night doesn't bother me. From my own back country camping experiences in the Northwest, it is entirely possible they arrived in the Leadore area Thursday night (as the PI seems to have stated) and then Friday they moved to the campsite where little DeOrr disappeared.

Why would someone move campsites? Maybe in the morning light the first site doesn't look so good. Maybe it's too close to the highway, or too close to another campsite or the neighboring campers are too noisy. Maybe there's no easy access to the river for fishing (this was the typical reason for us when we moved sites) or maybe it's a really "buggy" area (i.e. mosquitos). Maybe they got a late start and they just pulled off into a turnout to sleep for the night with the plan of finding a real campsite in the morning.

It's also just as likely the PI misspoke or he was misquoted by the media. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Thank you for that Dee. That was what I was thinking.

As an aside regarding evidence, would drug and alcohol testing be required in a situation like this. I am NOT accusing or insinuating anything about the family, I am just curious. I would think investigators would need a warrant or something like that unless the family willingly volunteered something like that.

BBM LE would need probable cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member