Pretty soon somebody is going to say DeOrr did not even exist

Or maybe the sheriff ate the baby

Unbelievable

What? lol
Something happened to this little guy!
No ones talking.
They have nothing.

He existed before he went camping.
Who saw him last that is not one of these 4 ppl and when.

Its very sad when these babys go missing they are rarely found!

And just to add, the sheriff also said that he is 99% certain Deorr was at the campgrounds.

However... Sheriff was 100% sure he was not in the creek...

"The sheriff told us in all his history he’s never seen anything like this,” Grandmother Trina Bates Clegg said Sunday night in a phone interview with EastIdahoNews.com. “Right now they have ruled out that he has slipped and fallen in to a creek. The creek has been cleared…and (the sheriff) is 100 percent confident that (Deorr) wasn’t in the creek."

http://pix11.com/2015/07/13/grandmother-of-missing-2-year-old-he-just-vanished/

I think this is why they switched camp sites.
Mom and dad arrived one time and camped and GGP and friend arrived fri to a diff place Mom and dad pack up and relocate.

JMO

There is no indication that they switched campsites. There are only two campsites at the lower part of the campground and they are right next to each other. What did they do, pack up their belongings and move 50 feet over?

I think this is why they switched camp sites.
Mom and dad arrived one time and camped and GGP and friend arrived fri to a diff place Mom and dad pack up and relocate.

JMO

This is the first I've heard that they switched campsites or that mom and dad arrived at a different time than the friend and GGF. Perhaps it is speculation and not fact? Do you have a link for that? Not trying to pick, it's important for me to be able to distinguish facts from speculation, theory, and such. :).

I've been feeling the growing tension in here over the last few days, and that is understandable. I hope LE and the FBI, knowing what they know, are feeling a bit more relaxed than we are. Hopefully they have a good idea of what happened and are just waiting for the last few puzzle pieces to fall in place. My fingers are getting tired from checking Google a few times daily to check on updates. My mind is getting tired from thinking about all the possible scenarios. I want to scream.

I think it's because we know so little and all theories lead back to the fact that we don't have any clue what has happened. The sheriff seems to be very confident that Deorr will be found safe. I wish he would share why he holds this confidence.

I think it's because we know so little and all theories lead back to the fact that we don't have any clue what has happened. The sheriff seems to be very confident that Deorr will be found safe. I wish he would share why he holds this confidence.

He said he would be found, not found safe.

<modsnip> I have seen other videos of the creek where it was very shallow. There is one video that shows some searchers in the water and the water was barely up to their angles. That one video is the only one where it looks like it is rushing water. I wonder if that was taken just after a storm or if it is one area of the creek that is particularly deep. I don't think it is like that "all the way down the creek."

I think I recall either the parents, the sheriff, or perhaps Nate the reporter stated how loud the creek was which is why no one heard a scream. This would indicate the creek was rushing in that area on that day. IMO

Just wanted to share this in relation to your post. I thought the same thing as you so I looked it up. There are fish in the reservoir, and although the creek doesn't look like good fishing, it seems some people fish there. Hope that helps :) http://www.hookandbullet.com/fishing-middle-fork-little-timber-creek-salmon-id/

"chances of getting a bite here are good" . . . . That site has the exact same descriptive paragraph for Stone Reservoir as it has for the Middle Fork of Timber Creek, which includes the above quote. So according to that site, both places are equally good for fishing. Creeks/streams have very deep holes which are actually hard to see from the shoreline unless you're right near a hole. In the hot weather, the fish congregate in the deep holes where the water is cooler.

99 is not 100
No, it's not. And personally, 99% carries more weight because it's realistic. It tells me he's checked it out every which way possible short of seeing Deorr with his own eyes. But my personal opinion is irrelevant, and I would encourage everyone to use their best judgment to reach their own conclusions.

My comment, however, was intended as a reminder of our policies at WS. To date, the sheriff has given us absolutely no indication that the parents are under suspicion of murdering their son. On the contrary. And such being the case, posts suggesting otherwise are not, and will not, be allowed.

But what is his 99% certainty actually based on?
Wouldn't we all like the answer to that question! But he prudently chose not to share that information with us. So for now, we can only wonder, and hope that this all comes to a resolution very soon.

This is the first I've heard that they switched campsites or that mom and dad arrived at a different time than the friend and GGF. Perhaps it is speculation and not fact? Do you have a link for that? Not trying to pick, it's important for me to be able to distinguish facts from speculation, theory, and such. :).

Im sorry for saying that I thought they moved campsites because of the difference in the day they arrived, My fault! I interpreted it wrong!

There is no indication that they switched campsites. There are only two campsites at the lower part of the campground and they are right next to each other. What did they do, pack up their belongings and move 50 feet over?

I don't know!
Im not sure why I thought they moved campsites!
I just thought they did!

I think I recall either the parents, the sheriff, or perhaps Nate the reporter stated how loud the creek was which is why no one heard a scream. This would indicate the creek was rushing in that area on that day. IMO

Here are two news videos that show Timber Creek. One was filmed 4 days after DeOrr went missing and the other was one week after he went missing. In both videos, (to me) the creek doesn't appear to be loud rushing water and it appears to be quite shallow in places.

I wonder if there had been any rain in the days previous to their arrival or during the time that they were there, that the creek had become swollen with rushing water?

We have a creek that runs through the back of our property. Approx 1-2 hours after a heavy rain it gets deep quickly and has a very strong, fast current. This usually lasts for several hours after the rain has ended and then the creek slowly recedes back to its normal 2-3 feet depth.

Timber Creek - 4 days after DeOrr went missing: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qvZbH7NSadA

Timber Creek - 1 week after DeOrr went missing: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=izUz0Ul6N0g

The sheriff mentioned that hunters might find him up there. Does he mean possibly where they've already searched? If so, that doesn't explain the dogs not picking up a scent. So, I assume he means outside the 3 mile radius that was searched. Wouldn't someone have had to take him outside the radius? Was he alive at the time, and just left there and died from the elements? I really doubt that, but who knows. Or, he could've been taken further out if an accident/death had occurred--thinking the body would decompose before it was found. Then again, why cover up an accident?

The sheriff mentioned that hunters might find him up there. Does he mean possibly where they've already searched? If so, that doesn't explain the dogs not picking up a scent. So, I assume he means outside the 3 mile radius that was searched. Wouldn't someone have had to take him outside the radius? Was he alive at the time, and just left there and died from the elements? I really doubt that, but who knows. Or, he could've been taken further out if an accident/death had occurred--thinking the body would decompose before it was found. Then again, why cover up an accident?

I think Sheriff Bowerman may have meant that Deorr's remains may be within as well as out of the areas searched; nothing has been ruled out even if he and others working on the case are more confident that certain scenarios are more likely than others. Even when he reportedly stated that he was 100% confident that Deorr was not in the water, he later stated that nothing has been ruled out. I think he may at times state his opinion, and sometimes is opinions appear to be fact. However, I think he knows nothing can be ruled out until or unless more factual evidence materializes.

Dogs are very useful in search and rescue, but they aren't infallible. I don't think it would be surprising to find him or some of his possessions (boots, car, etc.) within the three-mile circle.

I also won't be surprised if he wandered outside that circle. Small kids can travel a surprising distance.

Off topic, but is there anyway to "mark" your last read post on here? Seems like I'm always scrolling back and forward trying to find where I left off...

TIA
It is very easy! This trick will redirect you to your last read comment:
1. Bookmark the thread you would like to subscribe
2. Go to your bookmark, and Edit the bookmark
3. Change the last part of the link by adding : &goto=newpost

Example, for this current thread:
www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?288139-ID-Deorr-Kunz-Jr-2-Timber-Creek-Campground-10-July-2015-9&goto=newpost

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member