GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell *Arrests* #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chad and Lori should have been tried together. IMO, she and Alex killed Joe Ryan and she and Alex and Chad conspired in the death of Charles Vallow. Tylee and JJs deaths are all on Lori for the planning. She just got Alex and Chad to carry out her plans. The fact that Chad dismembered Tylee makes me sick. The fact that he killed his children’s mother makes me sick. He is a monster.
But I don’t see Lori getting off because she’s mentally ill. Their trials should have been tried together. Same punishment. Too late now but that’s my opinion.

[…]

A judge ruled in favor of Daybell's motion to allow cameras in court for his April 2024 trial. Judge Steven Boyce said he would permit courtroom cameras to livestream the proceedings, but no cameras from the press are allowed, as well as still photography.

Daybell's attorney, John Prior, said that Daybell's family would like to watch the trial remotely and not have to face media coverage due to being at the trial.

Prosecutors voiced concerns about witnesses testifying and being put on camera, saying a live broadcast would make the trial more difficult.

[…]

One trial I watched allowed the witnesses to decide whether or not they want to be on air. I do not recall which state that was, but it made sense to me.

Perhaps the trial of George Wagner in the Piketon (OH) murders of the Rhoden family members?

Witnesses could choose whether to be on camera. My recollection is that they may have been able to choose whether audio was streamed as well, but I’d need to doublecheck the thread, so MOO.

That decision was controversial when it came to two Wagner family members (Angela the mother and Jake the son/brother) who took pleas for their testimony.

Neither went on camera/audio and there were several who thought that someone who accepts a plea in exchange for testimony should be required to testify in as open a court as possible subject to any sensitive information parameters the court had established.

I wasn’t sure what the Defense Motion In Limine was about and this explains it:

[…]

The Motion in Limini to Limit State to Consistent Arguments on Defendant's Relative Culpability, filed by the defense, addresses Prior concerns of the State offering inconsistent theories between the trials of Lori Vallow Daybell and Chad Daybell. The main argument that the State cannot say Lori was the driving force for the crimes during Lori's trial, and then Chad was the driving force during Chad's trial.

The State replied stating that there has been no suggestion that the theories would be conflicting, and that Chad and Lori (and Alex Cox) acted together in the conspiracy - planned, aided, and abetted together to change the lives of JJ, Tylee, and Tammy. Also noting that Chad also committed fraud by claiming the life insurance benefits of Tammy.

Boyce agreed with the state saying that there are no grounds to grant the motion at this time. However, Boyce did state that should the arguments in trial seem to support inconsistent theories, he would be open to an additional motion and address it then.

[…]

I may have missed any posts about it but can anyone fill me in on what it means now that the judge has clarified that there is no court order preventing contact between LVD & CD? Obviously since both are incarcerated they cannot visit one another. Here in Arkansas I’m pretty sure that phone contact between inmates at different facilities is prohibited but I don’t know if it is in Idaho and I’m not sure about mail but I don’t think it is allowed either. So I’m not sure what kind of contact that they can have.

Also I wasn’t sure why the state asked about it but wondering if they may be considering asking for some type of injunction and just needed to clarify first whether anything was still in place. Any thoughts on this?

I may have missed any posts about it but can anyone fill me in on what it means now that the judge has clarified that there is no court order preventing contact between LVD & CD? Obviously since both are incarcerated they cannot visit one another. Here in Arkansas I’m pretty sure that phone contact between inmates at different facilities is prohibited but I don’t know if it is in Idaho and I’m not sure about mail but I don’t think it is allowed either. So I’m not sure what kind of contact that they can have.

Also I wasn’t sure why the state asked about it but wondering if they may be considering asking for some type of injunction and just needed to clarify first whether anything was still in place. Any thoughts on this?
That's going to be difficult since she was just transferred to Arizona to face murder charges in the the death of Charles.

Thread for discussion of Arizona case for conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of Charles Vallow:

Some posts from this thread have been moved over.

Why would you do this?

You would waive your right to make such a request when it would be a pointless waste of time for her, her attorneys, and for the court.

Asking for leniency requires an admission of guilt, which she would never do. In her mind, she is a goddess who can do no wrong, and never did.

In addition, the request would be made to a judge who - when given a chance to reveal his thinking previously - gave her CONSECUTIVE life sentences rather than concurrent. It's clear he would have no desire to make it easier for her to get out sooner, and rightly so in light of the particularly heinous nature of multiple crimes and her apparent disregard for the life of others over many years.

There was no upside to her, and her desire for ego boosts, to hear once again what an evil monster she is, and what atrocities she has committed. So she passed.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91
Back