ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the aha moment for MG didn't come on the day of the welfare check but later. I don't think she would have lied to police if she thought that that could implicate her in a murder. She initially likely believed Lori that JJ was in hiding from KW. What she learned later probably helped her change her mind, including her decision to record Lori. Doing so she did help the prosecution although her motivation was likely self-protection.
I took Lori's threat about MG being held accountable differently. IMO Lori was alluding to being judged/punished by God within the framework of their cult. MG knew too much about their special beliefs. If she tried to turn her back on the cult, there was a chance that she'd be labeled dark.
But what kind of nut job believes in the light/dark theory of Chad? I mean if I even knew Lori and she implied I was dark I would run as fast and far as I could till she was behind bars because that was a death sentence.

I have questions. I hope Nate reads here. Will we find out if trial date remains in April? What about the motion to sever? What about the motion on Lori’s behalf?
I hate that this trial has so much interest for the dead and the judge doesn’t care one iota.

But what kind of nut job believes in the light/dark theory of Chad? I mean if I even knew Lori and she implied I was dark I would run as fast and far as I could till she was behind bars because that was a death sentence.
The same type of person who believed that Lori and Chad were the leaders of the 144k.

The defense wants potential jurors to be questioned in smaller groups with questions about their religion to be included.

They argue there could be bias against Vallow-Daybell among the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints due to the nature of the case.

Judge Steven W. Boyce agreed with the smaller groups but adamantly objected to asking jurors about their religion.

He said questions posed would be decided at a later date in Ada County.

So Lori is hoping for a non-LDS jury?

Vallow’s defense attorneys said they hope to ask potential jurors during voir dire about religion, mental illness, and drug use, according to Eaton. The prosecution, in turn, said they would “object to defense attorneys asking jurors their religious affiliation and what congregation they go to.”

Prosecutors, however, said they would deal with the issue of religion during the trial, saying they had a witness lined up who would testify about hyper-religiosity “versus” using religion “as an excuse or reason to commit a crime,” according to Eaton.

A hearing on Chad's motion to sever the cases will be held on Feb 23.

Lori is here. Wearing black jogger type pants, white button up blouse, hair curled and makeup done. All smiles as she walked in and got seated. She is shackled at the feet.

Daybell was not in court for Lori's hearings but Archibald says Lori would like to stay to hear Chad's motions argued. "She's interested in those arguments"

Chad just walked in the courtroom. Shirt, tie, dress pants. Also in leg shackles.

Lori has glanced over at Chad. Chad so far continues to look forward.

Chad Daybell just entered the courtroom in ankle shackles. He is wearing a white dress shirt and red eye. He briefly looked over at Lori and they smiled at each other.

As attorneys are speaking, I have noticed Chad Daybell occasionally looking over at Lori Vallow Daybell, who continues to take notes.

Last edited:
I'm sticking to my thoughts from way back when DW woke and said he heard noises, was this what was thought to be a nightmare? The noise he heard IMO was the tape being pulled from a roll and plastic bags crinkling While Lori wrapped JJ IN plastic bags.
<the above snipped for focus>

DW has a hearing impairment, as we learned when the court needed to accommodate it during his testimony. It’s hard to speculate what level of noise he might have been able to hear that night.

I often wonder about this… why was Lori’s competency tested and due to her beliefs but Chad wasn’t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie