ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine being chosen for this trial, as a juror. Recently, there was an article in the local paper, about how potential jurors throw away summons and don't bother to show up. The only punishment for dodging jury duty in Montana is a $50 fine. That is nothing.

Alexandra Duggan (Alex)
@dugganreports
·
1h

John Prior, Daybell's attorney seems to be getting in a tizzy with a prosecutor communication liaison... "I think it's inappropriate that you're here making comments to the media," she says.. "I've informed the judge." Prior: "Well you do that."
waaaaah....I'm going to tell Mommy on you!

$10 a day seemed so incredibly low that I had to look up if any states paid less…and found $6 a day and 7cents a mile…that doesn’t even come close to just paying for gas and a fast food lunch. That is sad for such an important job…

Missouri ranks near bottom in jury compensation; here’s what area counties pay
Here in the UK you can claim around £64 per day (so $80ish) for trials up to 10 days in length. Longer trials it is around £130 for a full day, £65 for a day of 4 hours or less.

DBM — I didn’t mean to criticize the sketch artist now that I what they’re up against.
TBH, while I don't believe that, if the only data I had was the call from Lori to Chad while the FBI was unearthing the babies, I might believe it. She sounded clueless.

MOO
Big spenders!
When I got called for jury duty in Washington D.C. a long time ago, my employer (a family-owned oil company worth $500 million) not only didn’t make me take leave, but matched D.C.‘s compensation, adding it to my paycheck that period. They felt it was an honor to serve and reflected that in their H.R. policies.

When I got called for jury duty in Washington D.C. a long time ago, my employer (a family-owned oil company worth $500 million) not only didn’t make me take leave, but matched D.C.‘s compensation, adding it to my paycheck that period. They felt it was an honor to serve and reflected that in their H.R. policies.
This is awesome! What a great company.

Larry and his wife Kay are still awaiting a decision on whether they will be allowed in the Boise, Idaho, courtroom before they testify against Vallow. At issue is whether the Woodcocks are to be considered witnesses or victims in the case.

Wow I thought how much they pay here for jurors was bad! It's a huge financial burden

For whom is it not a burden? People who have high paying/ good bene jobs that will pay them through the jury duty and/or who live off investment income more than wages. I.e. juries are likely to skew wealthy. JMO. MOO.

In fairness, this case in particular would be less impacted by the socioeconomic makeup of the jury. Making my comment less relevant here. I notice that the defense seems to be trying to dismiss women. They possibly think women are going to judge Lori more harshly then men. IMO it looks like the defense would rather have men of various economic statuses then moms. If I scroll through social media comments and see remarks such as "what kind of mom would not report the children missing?" They are usually comments by women.

MOO

For whom is it not a burden? People who have high paying/ good bene jobs that will pay them through the jury duty and/or who live off investment income more than wages. I.e. juries are likely to skew wealthy. JMO. MOO.

In fairness, this case in particular would be less impacted by the socioeconomic makeup of the jury. Making my comment less relevant here. I notice that the defense seems to be trying to dismiss women. They possibly think women are going to judge Lori more harshly then men. IMO it looks like the defense would rather have men of various economic statuses then moms. If I scroll through social media comments and see remarks such as "what kind of mom would not report the children missing?" They are usually comments by women.

MOO
Good point. I hadn't really had a click moment on who was being excused or will be excused by the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtt