ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was getting close to $6K a month

Tylee’s benefit from deceased father $1859.
JJ’s benefit from deceased father $1951.
Lori mother & child care benefit $1951.

Lori obviously never reported the kids deaths, her marriage, or change of address. They are finished with this witness. No cross exam. #lorivallow
@LawCrimeNetwork

The jury got the picture of how Lori is processing her children's deaths. She doesn't think she did anything wrong. Her dead children understand what happened and don't hold it against her, but the rest of the world doesn't have a clue, because "they weren't there", or because they don't understand the doctrine.
Hummmm "they weren't there" make it seem like Lori 'was there'. JMO

Hi welcome. The death penalty was dropped because of the voluminous evidence the prosecution submitted late to the defense.
My message about why the death penalty was dropped was a quote from the Boise Stateman - the judge agreed to drop the death penalty for a speedy trial. And, yes, the defense played games about her mental health every time the case came to trial and they accomplished their goal. IMO, the only hope for Lori and her LDS lawyers is to claim mental issues. She can't claim insanity but they have laid the groundwork for mental illness.

Last edited:
Chad's family may have bought into his proclamations, ideas, and visions (more or less), but I would guess they wouldn't have particularly endorsed his (and Lori's) thinking that it's a good idea to kill people whenever Chad and Lori felt it's suitable. Including family.

Personally, the more we're hearing from the witnesses, it sounds to me like ALL of this (INCLUDING the proclamations, ideas, and visions) was just a good ole-fashioned scheme to get money. These were people who, we are hearing, were continuously gasping for money. Always needing more. So they get creative with "ideas" no one else has -- and sell them to people looking for an idea and someone to make it make sense. They do podcasts, sell books, get followers, and hold conferences -- and eventually when that doesn't give them enough, it devolves into finding a way to make family "expendable" -- in one way or another, trying to cash in by deaths of those around them.

I agree that a lot of this - PAP, AVOW, etc. was a grift.

But it was not only a grift.

I agree with Leah Sottile (?) on this. If you think this is just a true crime story, you are missing the point. She wonders why major news outlets are so quiet on this.

It is very connected to extremism and distrust of our basic institutions. If movements like this grow... it will be bad.

If it is framed just as a grift, the danger of the extremism is covered up.

MOO.

The audio is going to be played.

Lori- You can't make judgements when you weren't there and don't know what happened

Lori- They think they know what happened. They think they know who's responsible. You weren't there
Colby- Right I wasn't there. I was kept in the dark and there are 2 kids murdered

Lori- SHE LAUGHS OUT LOUD. Nice to talk to you Colbs. One day you will see and understand. I don't have anything else to say. You weren't there, Summer, the police, the FBI wasn't there.

more at link…

RSBM

Lori telling Colby that he wasn't there and doesn't know what happened, and therefore not to judge her. Implied in all of this is that she was there and knows what happened. I wish he would have called her out on it and asked her explicitly if she was there when "it" happened. Not that she would have answered him, or anything, but even her lack of response would have been enough, IMO, to let everyone know just how involved she was. Again, MOO.

Aside the brutalities committed in this case, I continue to be amazed at the number of people Lori hoodwinked over the years. It seemed everyone in Lori's orbit was under her powers of deception. A pity she never used her abilities to do good in this world.

Hummmm "they weren't there" make it seem like Lori 'was there'. JMO

I would wager Lori's point (as extreme and opaque as it is) when she said "they weren't there" was that the kids had ceased to exist way before they died, as in her view what was seen as Tylee and JJ was a case where their bodies were being inhabited by dark spirits who weren't them. So (she is saying) Tylee and JJ were already gone, already in heaven (or wherever they would identify as the good place to go after this life), and therefore were not "there" when their bodies were disposed of, so to speak.

That would have been her self-rationalization for the killings (ie, that the kids were already gone so this wasn't really doing something bad to them). And the same justification was behind telling everyone the kids were doing fine (when they were already dead and buried), because in this view they used, the kids were in a world of blessing rather than in this world where their bodies had been zombified.

A theological side note - This sort of thinking is not a new religious idea. It arose in the first century among the gnostics, who taught that the body and the soul/spirit of a person are separate entities in God's eyes (and that only the actions of the soul/spirit matters). Teachers of gnosticism tried to pervert the truth of Jesus and pull believers away from the faith, and several of the New Testament letters are written to condemn the false beliefs associated with gnosticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay