ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting on April Raymond's testimony. She is the one who said LVD felt CV was not on the same spiritual plane as she was and it was obvious she was looking for a CD to accomplish her delusions of grandeur. I believe LVD had already started reading his books when she was still living in Hawaii so I can only imagine how she felt later when she actually met him and he fed her the James and Elena stuff.

One thing is very obvious to me right now, CD was also a manipulator to the highest degree. He had ZP think she was the "Earth Godess" and instrumental to their mission. He knew how to appeal to people's insecurities and build them up and make them feel special. Alex was the "Warrior" and lo and behold, he goes out and acquires how many guns in a few months??? I think MG had it right when she said he was the hand, she was the puppet.

Tylee. That poor child. With all the excruciating stresses in her life, IMO there was no way she wasn't going to get physical manifestations. IMO. My stomach is in knots just hearing what she had to go through. I wonder if she sensed she was in terrible danger? Seeing what happened to Charles must have been alarming. And the way she was murdered, dismembered, and burned, suggests there might have been palpable malice, evil, and violence in the air at that household.

MG's testimony, when LVD wanted her to lie to LEO that JJ was at her home, is a problem for LVD. That means, she was conspiring to hide where JJ was to LEO. And that is where MG decided to draw her line in the sand.
But that was in November, so after the fact. Correct me if I am wrong but she is charged with:

Count 1: Conspiracy to commit murder and grand theft by deception (victim Tylee Ryan)
Count 2: First degree murder (victim Tylee Ryan)
Count 3: Conspiracy to commit murder and grand theft by deception (victim JJ Vallow)
Count 4: First degree murder (victim JJ Vallow)
Count 5: Conspiracy to commit first degree murder (victim Tammy Daybell)
Count 6: First degree murder (victim Tammy Daybell)
Count 7: Grand theft
Count 8: Insurance fraud
Count 9: Insurance fraud

Source: original indictment posted at READ: Here is the indictment document for murder against Chad and Lori Daybell - East Idaho News

We have heard zero evidence in 3+ years that Lori participated in the actual murders so that eliminates counts 2, 4, and 6. Counts 8 and 9 seem to be only against Chad. Count 7 I think is a slam dunk against Lori and we heard evidence for that today. It is a serious charge with a penalty of up to 20 years in prison.

Now, the conspiracy counts are problematic. These require "overt acts." But most of the overt acts the State is using to support the conspiracy charges were done by Alex or Chad. The overt acts Lori is alleged to have done are moving to Idaho, not notifying Social Security, and espousing religious beliefs "for the purpose of justifying homocide of X." Since the "cult's" beliefs, basically Chad's existed long before Lori met him it's pretty hard to swallow that overt act. And we have heard no evidence that they adopted beliefs for the purpose of justifying murder. Lying to police is also included as an overt act by Lori. But again, after the fact.

I am well aware that each conspirator can be held responsible for the overt acts of another but using that to prove a conspiracy in the first place seems like circular reasoning. Might be legal but as juror I don't think I would buy that kind of twisted logic.

We are left with simply being part of the whacko religious cult as the only real evidence of a murder conspiracy.

Trust me, I want her to be convicted. But I'm just not seeing the evidence so far.

Interesting information about Tylee's pancreatitis. It really makes me wonder about LVD and Munchausen Syndrome. To make Tylee feel more dependent on her.
I thought that, too: she was being fed something. But I also think having somatic issues was inevitable given the stress in her life.

MOO....

If there is one person who knows the truth about what was going on in Loris head I think it's her niece, Melani. I really hope she is put on the stand and asked some tough questions.

It's bad enough that she is not being charged for the attempted murder of her ex-husband. The least she can do is fill in some important blanks about her aunt for the rest of us.

What has she been wearing in court?

The only thing that stood out to me was this tweet...

Lori is wearing white pants with black tiger stripes. She’s wearing a white blouse and her oversized black blazer. She does have some makeup on. She needs a better fashion consultant. Her hair is darkening. She has on black rimmed reading glasses

But that was in November, so after the fact. Correct me if I am wrong but she is charged with:

Count 1: Conspiracy to commit murder and grand theft by deception (victim Tylee Ryan)
Count 2: First degree murder (victim Tylee Ryan)
Count 3: Conspiracy to commit murder and grand theft by deception (victim JJ Vallow)
Count 4: First degree murder (victim JJ Vallow)
Count 5: Conspiracy to commit first degree murder (victim Tammy Daybell)
Count 6: First degree murder (victim Tammy Daybell)
Count 7: Grand theft
Count 8: Insurance fraud
Count 9: Insurance fraud

Source: original indictment posted at READ: Here is the indictment document for murder against Chad and Lori Daybell - East Idaho News

We have heard zero evidence in 3+ years that Lori participated in the actual murders so that eliminates counts 2, 4, and 6. Counts 8 and 9 seem to be only against Chad. Count 7 I think is a slam dunk against Lori and we heard evidence for that today. It is a serious charge with a penalty of up to 20 years in prison.

Now, the conspiracy counts are problematic. These require "overt acts." But most of the overt acts the State is using to support the conspiracy charges were done by Alex or Chad. The overt acts Lori is alleged to have done are moving to Idaho, not notifying Social Security, and espousing religious beliefs "for the purpose of justifying homocide of X." Since the "cult's" beliefs, basically Chad's existed long before Lori met him it's pretty hard to swallow that overt act. And we have heard no evidence that they adopted beliefs for the purpose of justifying murder. Lying to police is also included as an overt act by Lori. But again, after the fact.

I am well aware that each conspirator can be held responsible for the overt acts of another but using that to prove a conspiracy in the first place seems like circular reasoning. Might be legal but as juror I don't think I would buy that kind of twisted logic.

We are left with simply being part of the whacko religious cult as the only real evidence of a murder conspiracy.

Trust me, I want her to be convicted. But I'm just not seeing the evidence so far.
What about the fact that she requested a change in deposit banks of Tylee's SS money ~20 days before Tylee's murder? I think that's pretty strong evidence for conspiring/committing 1st degree murder.
Post in thread 'ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #70' ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #70

Post in thread 'ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #70' ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #70

So far there has been a paucity of evidence (concerning before or during the 3 murders) showing Lori to be involved, or conspiring.

Being involved in cover up afterwards? Yes. Benefiting financially afterwards in an illegal way? Yes. Perhaps being involved re Charles death? Yes. BUT she has been charged with NONE of that in this trial.

But this is supposed to last another 5-6 weeks, so it would stand to reason they have MUCH evidence still ahead to show such things. Or at least I hope they do.

I asked this a few days ago because it seems to be moving at a good pace (even with 3:30 pm stop times). Do you really think this will go 8-10 weeks?

I'll have to look back but wasn't there a recent case in which the state/defense (can't remember) was heavily admonished because they basically blocked off "x" amount of time but only a fraction of that was needed?

Last edited:

RSBM

From previous testimony (Zulema & MG) C & LVD sure didn't plan to take zombies to any actually safe locations... their intentions were to rid the world of them (that means they had to die). imo

What about the fact that she requested a change in deposit banks of Tylee's SS money ~20 days before Tylee's murder? I think that's pretty strong evidence for conspiring/committing 1st degree murder.
I don't find that to be evidence of conspiracy to commit murder at all. She likely had access to Tylee's accounts so there would be no need to change banks. It was a few days before they moved to Idaho so it could be just to have a more convenient bank after the move. Maybe there is something there but the prosecutor should be telling us what it is rather than just saying she changed banks. I'm in the process of changing banks but I'm not conspiring to kill anyone.

The prosecution laid out the acts that they say indicate a conspiracy in the indictment.

Tylee would have aged out of SS in about a year so it would seem like the better financial plan would be to keep her around. I suspect her murder had to do with her knowing what really happened to Charles and was not motivated by money. The money was just an afterthought.

The strongest piece of evidence I have heard to suggest an advance plan is the wifi password Alex set when he moved to Rexburg (2ManyKids or something like that). He texted it to Lori and she replied "Funny." That's the worst I've heard but I would not convict her on that.

The only thing that stood out to me was this tweet...

Lori is wearing white pants with black tiger stripes. She’s wearing a white blouse and her oversized black blazer. She does have some makeup on. She needs a better fashion consultant. Her hair is darkening. She has on black rimmed reading glasses
I wouldn’t wear white pants with tiger stripes to any courtroom, even as a spectator. Is she still trying to be sexy, a tigress or does she think she is a trendsetter??

Why is her attorney approving of this? Or maybe he has advised her and she is doing it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx