ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would they stage a shooting with an unloaded paintball gun on Tammy? And then actually stage her dying later in her sleep? That makes no sense to me.

To be fair, nothing these people have done makes any sense. But still. This one is extra weird.

ETA—I just read Tammy’s Fb post about the event. I wish she would have smacked him in the head with her freezer meals!
Do we know it was a paint ball gun - or is it that Tammy thought it was a paint ball gun. Remember, Lori was angry (according to Zulema), so that makes me think it was a proper loaded gun and Alex missed!

Do we know it was a paint ball gun - or is it that Tammy thought it was a paint ball gun. Remember, Lori was angry (according to Zulema), so that makes me think it was a proper loaded gun and Alex missed!
+ he used a silencer when he attacked Brandon so maybe Tammy just mis-identified
PS I wonder why no ballistics were recovered at the scene by LE, after Tammy reported the attack?

+ he used a silencer when he attacked Brandon so maybe Tammy just mis-identified
PS I wonder why no ballistics were recovered at the scene by LE, after Tammy reported the attack?
Good points! I forgot about Lori being angry about it. I bet it wasn’t a paintball gun.

Why on earth would they stage a shooting with an unloaded paintball gun on Tammy? And then actually stage her dying later in her sleep? That makes no sense to me.

To be fair, nothing these people have done makes any sense. But still. This one is extra weird.

ETA—I just read Tammy’s Fb post about the event. I wish she would have smacked him in the head with her freezer meals!
Imo, it was a real gun.

It was likely a real gun with a silencer that malfunctioned and/or Alex's aim was really bad.

The 'paintball gun' incident is presumed to have been a genuine attempt on her life, but the gun malfunctioned, misfired, the assailant somehow missed, or something else happened, and they fled the scene. The subsequent attempt days later did succeed.

I'm going to hazard a guess that they didn't want to use a gun the second time around as that would obviously be murder. But if they were somehow able to make it look more natural, then nobody would be the wiser. Or so they assumed. MOO.

Any theories on why Chad needs to comm so much with Alex this night?
Even though Alex was across the road in that parking lot for c 40mins - or his phone was - I always assumed that Chad had killed Tammy himself.

Was it for moral support? Did he stay in the parking lot? Had Lori demanded that Alex be on hand in case Chad bottled it?

I believe in opening arguments it was said that one of the Daybell sons had left that night to work, leaving Chad alone with Tammy, until the following morning. I think Alex was there to assist Chad in the murder and/or cover-up, and Chad would have needed to communicate with Alex on when it was safe to come in. I suspect there may have in fact been a struggle, as it has also been noted that Chad had moved Tammy's body (she had supposedly fallen out of bed, and he moved her back into bed).

I suspect Tammy was describing the silencer on the gun (visually and audibly), and Chad saw an opportunity to pass it off as a prank by someone with a paintball gun (would Tammy know the difference between the two?). Chad, IMO, was thereby gaslighting her and also providing a plausible explanation of the attack so police wouldn't dig deeper.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member