ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have shown a ton of incriminating evidence so far. Lori's own words, (re)actions or inaction were the most damning. For example, never reporting her children missing, replaced by lying about their whereabouts, discarding their belongings, absence of grief after they were found dead, constant communication with the alleged co-conspirators, including before and after the burials. Not to mention the labeling of her children zombies.
I see tons of incriminating evidence against Alex and Chad. I am not swayed much by Lori texting her boyfriend/husband and her brother. I think it is possible that Alex and Chad acted alone to help her out and told her the kids were safe. She may have only learned the truth sometime in January around the time she was arrested. Even the detective testified that there was nothing incriminating in all of her texts that implicates her in killing her kids. I am also not swayed by her not reacting the way we expect a normal person to react. Lying to police after the fact is also not very convincing. It may be a crime but if she truly believed they were safe then it does not really bother me.

I don't actually believe that she was not involved. I'm just saying that if I were a juror I would be ready to convict both Chad and Alex for murder and conspiracy based on the evidence presented so far but I think there is still plenty of reasonable doubt about Lori.

Part of the reason I feel this way is based on the same kind of logic you used. You say that her not reacting and grieving the way society expects is evidence of guilt. I would argue that a woman killing her own kids is (thankfully) extremely rare so I need strong evidence to believe the normal societal norms were violated.

Show me phone pings that place her at the scene of a burial at the right time or a text saying "now's the time" on the day of a murder. Show me something other than she texted her boyfriend 3 times on the day of the burial. I am surprised the defense did not ask the detecting to list how many times she and Chad and Alex texted every day over a, say 3 month period. She is not smart enough not to have left breadcrumbs if she was involved.

Does anyone know what "C. P. Quint" might mean or stand for?

Do we know it was a paint ball gun - or is it that Tammy thought it was a paint ball gun. Remember, Lori was angry (according to Zulema), so that makes me think it was a proper loaded gun and Alex missed!
No bullets or casings recovered at the scene, iirc.

What a phone call.

Heartbreaking to listen to Summer almost hyperventilating trying to talk to Lori … and Lori has no remorse, but just me, me, me.

Waiting for Nate’s Courtroom Insider tonight to hear about how the jurors, courtroom and Lori responded to this … as well as the testimony of the unearthing the burials of these two children.

Does anyone know what "C. P. Quint" might mean or stand for?

I thought the "quint" part might be a reference to him being one of five children. That seems rather silly but (he seems a rather silly man).

I also wonder when he obtained the license plate (and other times he might have used the name).

ETA: Another silly idea. Quint (The Lion King) aka Captain Quint.

Last edited:
I see tons of incriminating evidence against Alex and Chad. I am not swayed much by Lori texting her boyfriend/husband and her brother. I think it is possible that Alex and Chad acted alone to help her out and told her the kids were safe. She may have only learned the truth sometime in January around the time she was arrested. Even the detective testified that there was nothing incriminating in all of her texts that implicates her in killing her kids. I am also not swayed by her not reacting the way we expect a normal person to react. Lying to police after the fact is also not very convincing. It may be a crime but if she truly believed they were safe then it does not really bother me.

I don't actually believe that she was not involved. I'm just saying that if I were a juror I would be ready to convict both Chad and Alex for murder and conspiracy based on the evidence presented so far but I think there is still plenty of reasonable doubt about Lori.

Part of the reason I feel this way is based on the same kind of logic you used. You say that her not reacting and grieving the way society expects is evidence of guilt. I would argue that a woman killing her own kids is (thankfully) extremely rare so I need strong evidence to believe the normal societal norms were violated.

Show me phone pings that place her at the scene of a burial at the right time or a text saying "now's the time" on the day of a murder. Show me something other than she texted her boyfriend 3 times on the day of the burial. I am surprised the defense did not ask the detecting to list how many times she and Chad and Alex texted every day over a, say 3 month period. She is not smart enough not to have left breadcrumbs if she was involved.
As their sole surviving parent, Lori is the one who was ultimately responsible for her children's safety. Not Chad. Not Alex.

Specific evidence against Lori:

Lori was the one to move around Tylee's money into her own account prior to Tylee's death. She was the one who stopped making payments on Tylee's Jeep. She was the one who told people that Tylee was at BYU and who had Tylee's phone and was using it to communicate with Colby as if she were Tylee.

Lori was the one to say JJ was "possessed." She was the one who told April that she was "done with JJ." She was the one to sell his dog and stop filling his medical prescriptions. She was the one who moved his school records around and told people that he was with Kay and Melanie.

Lori was the one who told people -- even after her arrest -- that she knew where her kids were and that they were safe. In her recorded conversations with Colby and Summer, she never once claimed that anyone else killed them or blamed anyone else for their deaths. She implied that she knew exactly what happened and that she was there when it happened.

have not seen Lori look up for the past hour. She continues to write in a yellow notepad with her back toward the gallery.
_______

Probably writing :
I am a goddess
I am a goddess
I am a goddess
(A hundred times )
Yeah, every time I hear about her writing in her yellow pad I think about when we were kids and got in trouble and my mom would have us write a sentence 50 or 100 times.

Her stopping his meds is gut-wrenching to me.....
Just watching him dying while still alive....

Stephen King's Misery comes to mind
It gave her a reason to say that he was acting up, acting like a Zombie and attacking her picture of Jesus. Well of course it would if you take an autistic child off his meds.

I think her taking control of Tylee's money the month before Tylee died is particularly damning. A girl in her late teens, supposedly going off to college, that's when you'd expect someone to get MORE control and autonomy over their individual finances, not less.

MOO
And if Tylee was going off to BYU, why did Lori and JJ need to move to Idaho? She could have lived in the dorms. Most college students don't live with their families, you want more independence, even out of state.

Last edited:
I haven't read most of todays comments. I bet I'm about to make a very unoriginal one:

My heart broke for Summer. I was very touched by her empathy for her niece and nephew. I was touched by her love and anger at her sister.

I was impressed with her steadfastness in the face of Lori's appeals that she has suffered. Summer redirected Lori to her dancing on the beach- and memorializing it while her children were in clandestine graves and not memorialized.

Today I learned what an amazing aunt she is.

MOO

I thought the "quint" part might be a reference to him being one of five children. That seems rather silly but (he seems a rather silly man).

I also wonder when he obtained the license plate (and other times he might have used the name).

ETA: Another silly idea. Quint (The Lion King) aka Captain Quint.
Google was no help so I tried Urban Dictionary. There are a couple of entries on there that it could refer to. Most are on the vulgar side so I will not repeat them here but one in particular stood out. A quint is a slang term for a very funny person. Not sure what the C. P. would refer to.

One of the characters in Jaws was named Quint.

And if Kaylee was going off to BYU, why did they need to move to Idaho? She could have lived in the dorms. Most college students don't live with their families, you want more independence, even out of state.
Your third word needs fixed. Too many names to keep straight in these cruel and senseless murders.:(

Do we know it was a paint ball gun - or is it that Tammy thought it was a paint ball gun. Remember, Lori was angry (according to Zulema), so that makes me think it was a proper loaded gun and Alex missed!
Chad probably gaslighted her into thinking it was a paintball gun. There was no reason for anyone to look for casings and the ones that could have been there were probably removed by Chad or Alex.

CD May have picked them up when he was chasing off the mean gunman shooting at his wife!

definitely got those vibes

and do we even know if AC was ever actually diagnosed with a brain injury?
From the cousin's story, probably not. She says Alex walked away from his totaled vehicle and did not report the accident or seek medical care.

I'm inclined to believe the brain injury. I also believe the cousin's assessment that Alex wanted to do right.

But he didn't.

His intentions don't absolve him, and TBI is not an excuse.

MOO

if you want to believe their lunacy, I think the mentioned binding and trapping the evil spirit so it does not escape when the body dies.

FWIW, I understood CD-and-followers' beliefs were essentially the opposite, something like the following ideas (if I misunderstood, please let me know) which are unbiblical and cause evil ...
1 say you have an evil spirit (ES) living in you aka a demon, one of Satan's followers -- [in the Bible, this is spoken of as something that was encountered at times, most commonly in Jesus day as the demons were trying to thwart Him and His work]
2 your loved ones need to get it out [and you have to be concerned about future lives -- teaching multiple lives contradicts what the Bible says - and in their view, especially a future one that might potentially have a chance to be one of the 144,000 being gathered by LVD]
3 so they try to cast it out by x y or z (basically similar to an exorcism <modsnip>)
4 but if they try and can't do it, CD invented a whole series of non-Biblical horrific evil teachings on what to do and why, which includes...
5 they don't want the loved one doomed with an ES staying in them in this life (since they can't get it out) and then still there in you future lives
6 so they need to kill the body, which expels the ES,
7 but the ES will only leave for 2 minutes,
8 so to keep the ES from re-entering, they can bind or burn the body, which then keeps the ES from being able to get back in, and therefore will allow you to go to a future life free of ES

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member