ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe that hair is some of the physical evidence we've been waiting for. It seems so nonchalant for first thing Monday morning...oh, by the way, the hair found in the tape on JJ belonged to Lori.

(although my long hairs, and my daughter's, are everywhere in our house...so I expect the defense to claim it was just by transfer)

I do believe that hair is some of the physical evidence we've been waiting for. It seems so nonchalant for first thing Monday morning...oh, by the way, the hair found in the tape on JJ belonged to Lori.

(although my long hairs, and my daughter's, are everywhere in our house...so I expect the defense to claim it was just by transfer)

Especially as LV is claiming that he died in Alex's apartment and brother Alex & Lori seemed to spend so much time together, in one apartment. ( It would be akin to being shocked that our partners' clothes contained our hair strands)

Lori claimed that the children died in Alex's apartment, so her hair would have been picked up there. She didn't live there.

Finding her hair in the duct tape truly is meaningless. However, you would think a goddess who doesn't have to eat or go to the bathroom would also have hair that doesn't fall out lol.

Was wondering why LE chose a private lab for the hair DNA test - her commercial lab has a lower threshold than FBI's.
If the jury interpret this as Thomas seems to be arguing, some of the jury might think they're being hoodwinked .... by the State!... which can never be a good thing

Last edited:

Yeah. They slept in the same room!

But... if it's a hair pulled by the root from her arm in the middle of a tape wad, that's far more incriminating. A "regular" shedded hair that landed an JJ then got caught in the tape is not a lot, IMO.

Except for psychologically. It's perhaps easier to take away someone's freedom when there is DNA evidence.

I find other evidence of Lori's participation more compelling. I'd rather this had been absent than, say, any of the jail house calls. But maybe for others, this DNA (even if it's just shedded head hair) means more.

MOO

Finding her hair in the duct tape truly is meaningless. However, you would think a goddess who doesn't have to eat or go to the bathroom would also have hair that doesn't fall out lol.
I don't think its meaningless at all. Jurors want direct evidence, and this can be seen as direct evidence even if explained away by the defense. IMO

It would be far easier for the jury to understand that a hair could have been picked up than to understand the technical explanation.
Is she allowed to answer Def questions on topics like transfer? This expert witness is just DNA analyst.
Maybe this is why Def didn't bring in transfer & he's waiting until later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper