ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a link. I think it was from the grand jury proceeding and listed the witnesses for that. I would be happy to send you the list privately because I don't know if I am allowed to post it publicly since I'm not certain what the source was.
Thank you. I will try to locate it via your information, but will keep your offer in mind if I encounter a dead end. ;) Signing off for now so I'm in no hurry to locate it.

re that alibi for murders of JJ & T which she claims happened in Alex's apartment

oh!
( Det Stubbs evidence regarding search warrants executed end Nov on all the town homes. 'Apt 107 was Lori's lease but she was living in 175 in Alex's apartment.')

Oh! (this YouTube is 6 years old but still worth a look. Smart cookie)

( Chad's arrest affidavit is at 6 mins at the link - affidavit details where Alex resided before he moved into 107.
Melani P's ' foggy lie' is at 8 mins. MP claims not to know who lived next door. )

Why did Lori register for 107 in the first place - see interior & pets rules ( 1-6mins)

TLDR
Is it possible that Alex never moved into 107 properly? Was it mainly used for killing as the Youtuber says?
What if, as part of the long-planned scheme, the rental of all these units so close to each other was based on sinister motives?
JJ had a service dog. A service dog is not a pet.

That would not be easily done. It is very hard to convince SSA that a person is disabled.
I doubt it would be a problem in Tylee’s case, but she was still only 16, so not relevant for a while. IMO Lori would have made an argument that Tylee had mental health issues, the pancreatitis…. She could also have made her sick.

How would JP know how long the state would take?

My guess would be doing his job for "x" amount of years and the experience that comes along with it, which is why he was able to easily articulate a fairly detailed timeframe he would require for full trial including jury selection on a DP case.

Sounds like with DP in play and (assuming he had all the discovery), that's what he stated he would need. Not sure why the state was so hellbent on going to trial. They wanted a trial almost another year later than JP prior to the severance. Many have asked why they're so worried about trying this case, including myself, but if they can't get their act together in 3-4 years, it's on them.

Last edited:
'Just jumping off your post (re: appeals)

If LVD is convicted and there are appeals... I've been wondering if Arizona can proceed with their charges against her during that time or must they wait until all Idaho appeals are heard/decided? Anyone know?

This has been a question I too have been curious about as this trial has progressed. Would love to see any legal experts weigh in. This to me looks to have the potential of a contingency plan with greater odds than many originally anticipated.

Didn't Charles tell Chad or Lori he was going to email Tammy. I personally think Chad hacked into her email, deleted it, and blocked it before she even saw it. He likely knew her password but may not have even needed it if it was stored in a browser or Outlook.
Well, I suppose if this is what happened then it turned out to be kinder to Tammy in the end. :(

Maybe that was the original plan for Tylee, to push her into a hot spring. But perhaps there were too many people around, so they had to change to plan B.
Chad was googling wind direction in the afternoon (likely) when Tylee was still at Yellowstone. Or have they returned home by that time and let Chad know that things didn't go according to plan?

Monday, May 1st:
*Trial continues (Day 14) (@ 8:30am – 1:30pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 49) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted & charged (5/25/21) & re-arraigned (4/19/22) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Was transferred to Ada County jail on 3/22/23. Fremont County
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Resisting or obstructing LE, solicitation of a crime & contempt of court. All charges were dismissed on 1/3/22. Madison County
Trial began on 4/3/23 with jury selection & ended 4/7/23. 12 jurors & 6 alternates (10 men & 8 women).
Trial began on 4/10/23 (thru 6/9/23) @ 8:30am to 3:30pm. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last about 10 weeks) Trials have been severed.

Arrest & Grand Jury & Competency & Court info from 3/5/20 thru 3/30/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-5 (4/3-4/7/23) & Trial Day 1-12 (4/10-4/27/23) reference post #26 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ybell-charles-vallow-arrests-72.675869/page-2

4/28/23 Friday, Trial Day 13: State witness: Samantha Gwilliam, Tammy's sister back on stand.
For more info see post #143 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ybell-charles-vallow-arrests-72.675869/page-8
State witness: Fremont County Sheriff's Office Deputy Colter Cannon.
For more info see post #146 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ybell-charles-vallow-arrests-72.675869/page-8
State witness: Deputy Helena Kaaiakamanu, St. Anthony Police Dept., but was a 911 dispatcher with Fremont County Sheriff's Office.
For more info see post #151 here:
State witness: Christina West, a dispatcher at Fremont County Sheriff's Office.
For more info see post #153 here:
State witness: Officer Alyssa Greenhalgh with Rexburg Police Dept.
For more info see post #155 here:
State witness: Cammy Willmore, with Fremont County Advanced EMT.
For more info see post #157 here:
State witness: Fremont County Coroner Brenda Dye.
For more info see post #188 [pg 10] & 212 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-72.675869/page-11
State witness: Spencer Cook, technology director for the Sugar Salem School District.
For more info see post #213 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-72.675869/page-11
State witness: Kelsey Harris, Tammy's clogging teacher.
For more info see post #214 here:
State witness: Shanna Miller.
For more info see post #215 here:
Trial continues on Monday, 5/1/23 @ 8:30am & ends every day at 3:30pm.

*Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 54) – Pretrial motions hearing on 3/2/23. Trial was set to begin on 4/3/23 was vacated.

IIRC, both the prosecution and defence agree the jury instructions. That’s how it works in civil cases, so I’m making an assumption it works the same for criminal. Can anyone confirm?
It is my uneducated opinion that the judge is responsible for jury instructions but listens to both prosecution and defense before isuing them.

'Just jumping off your post (re: appeals)

If LVD is convicted and there are appeals... I've been wondering if Arizona can proceed with their charges against her during that time or must they wait until all Idaho appeals are heard/decided? Anyone know?

Technically possible, but until there's a verdict in this trial, it's impossible to weigh what they might want to do and when. It will depend to a large degree on how long Lori will be behind bars.

I would expect that if there's a "lock her up and throw away the key" verdict in ID, AZ will say "we're good, why bother."

It's a logistical nightmare to allow your inmate to travel out of state while they are still your inmate. It would also cost a lot of money for both ID and AZ. Neither really wants to add that extra to their budget if they don't have to, so they will have to have a good "why" to do it sooner. But you can't put a person on trial without allowing them to be there and confront witnesses and testimony against them - it's a constitutional right.

They do have to weigh those negatives against the possibility of losing witnesses, or memories, should they wait. Their case is probably easier and stronger now.

sept 8th
Colby asked Tylee to send him a Venmo. She said she didn't have the money - Lori was getting the SS cheques

A few hours later, she's dead (State's theory)
flashpoint?
I’m wondering if the flashpoint was the missed jeep payment. These payments were coming from Tylees account and the September payment was not made.

I've been doing some research after my previous post a day or two ago about burning a body and needing to break it up and it raises some questions.

I hope nothing happens to anyone around me because ... my search history!

Anyway, it apparently takes 3-4 hours to cremate a body in a proper retort furnace that reaches high temperatures. So I don't understand how Chad and Alex could have gotten the job done so quickly. Alex probably did not arrive until9 or so and was down the road eating tacos by noon.

I'm not at all suggesting they did not do it. I'm just wondering if maybe it took longer or Chad finished the job himself. Or is it possible she was killed on the 8th on the way back from Yellowstone and dropped off Sunday evening? Would there be Sunday services in the evening that might have kept all the Daybells away from the house to give time to put the body in the shed so Chad could get an early start?
IIRC chads neighbours are on the witness list, so they well provide testimony of when the fire(s) took place on his property. However, I think this is more relevant to Chads trial than Loris’s.

Looking back to jury selection, in the knowledge that death penalty is off the table and the cases had been severed -

9:30 a.m. Boyce explains during voir dire, the potential jurors could be dismissed for cause. The prosecution and defense are each allowed to dismiss a certain number of potential jurors without cause. Boyce says the trial will last up to 8 weeks.

It is my uneducated opinion that the judge is responsible for jury instructions but listens to both prosecution and defense before isuing them.
Yes you are correct. I listened to opening statements and initial jury instructions were issued. The judge said that further jury instructions would be issued before they deliberate. I would imagine that there would be input from both prosecution and defence for the final instructions.

If Lori is convicted there will be appeals. There have been enough questionable things allowed by Boyce that it is virtually guaranteed. I'm not saying the appeal will be successful, just that if she gets a long sentence there will be one.

She is not going to testify at Chad's trial because it could incriminate her both in any new trial and in her Arizona trial.

I think she would be an idiot to testify at her own trial but we'll see.
I thought about the appeals too…but…I still think that if CD in his trial blames LVD along with AC that she is vindictive enough that she would jeopardize her own appeal to try to make him pay for crossing her...cut off her nose to spite her face as my mom used to say.

Even with limited cross and defense witnesses, this is a gross miscalculation by the prosecution. They stated they would need 10 weeks (with jury selection included). Remember, the cost of this trial was argued at several motions hearings. Obviously cases this big don't come through small towns like this often, but do you lose credibility when making arguments in the future for past overstatements or maybe misrepresenting something in effort to win something like a "motion to sever"? I know the state and JB wanted to make sure they had enough time vs. running over, but roughly half the amount of time is a pretty large discrepancy. JP stated he would need 6 weeks and that included jury selection. Again, I know they were building in some time as a precaution but that's a pretty big miss. Just curious what kind of impact that has.

I agree completely on the the jury instructions. There is a lot to digest in this case and certainly not the most black and white.

ETA- I can't remember but is JB appointing the foreman or will that be determined among the jurors?

This is a little premature. We do not know how long the prosecution case will go.

Then, it is not at all possible for anyone to perfectly predict the length of a trial- and the longer the estimate the wider the range of "error."

Nate Eaton had a great point last night. The prosecution hasn't presented the storage unit footage yet. That is very memorable with the baby mementos and butt pat. Most of all, it documents specific actions by Lori Vallow.

So that could be another hour or so of court time.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member