ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! Lori COULD pay for Chad's travel. "Priorities".

Tylee was responsible with her money, but, Tylee still had needs -- gas, clothes, make-up, running-around cash, she might even have wanted to take a college class or two. Lori wanted ALL of Tylee's SS benefits to spend on herself and her new "man".

My own opinion.
sept 8th
Colby asked Tylee to send him a Venmo. She said she didn't have the money - Lori was getting the SS cheques

A few hours later, she's dead (State's theory)
flashpoint?

JP only needed 6 with jury selection included and that too is/was a DP case. I'm just genuinely curious at the impact that "miscalculation" has (if any). I can't remember the case but I just saw a judge admonish (I think the prosecution) for overstating how long the trial was going to to last only to have it wrap up far sooner.

How would JP know how long the state would take?

At the moment, I think LV will be found guilty of Grand Theft and Conspiracy for the murders of Tylee and JJ. I was hoping for evidence relating to the murders of the children but it seems that the prosecution has not provide much evidence (even circumstantial) that Lori was involved in the actual murders. At the moment, I think she will be found not guilty of Conspiracy in relation to Tammys murder.
hey Nik!
yes it seems pretty sound those areas to me as well.

I am a bit more confident then you about Tammy.

Don't forget ZP testified that they (herself included) sat around praying for Tammys death the day Alex failed shooting attempt of Tammy.:mad:
When Lori checked in with Chad to find it failed she was infuriated and cussing 'someone' out that they awere an idiot and useless.

Eyewitness testimony.

Who is guilty of murdering who and when is my opinion, of course.
I'm assuming that the prosecution will hammer, hard, on brother Alex' sick relationship w Lori.

At least some jurors will put together that, even with a lack of hard, specific "smoking gun" evidence of Lori's exact role in their deaths,
  1. her children were GONE
  2. she never reported them missing
  3. lied repeatedly to various people about where they might be
  4. continued to receive their SS and other benefits to the tune of around $4,000/month
  5. abandoned her apartment overnight and scarpered to Hawaii when LE came around for welfare checks on her children
Then, her children's bodies were found on her new husband's property where:
  1. Lori's brother Alex (who murdered CV, Lori's husband #4) attempted to murder Tammy as she unloaded groceries by the house
  2. Brother Alex, who killed her children, (one by suffocation and one who was partially dismembered and burned -- CoD unknown), disposed of the bodies of her murdered children (possibly with Chad's assistance?)
  3. Chad murdered Tammy at a time when her brother Alex' phone was pinging not so very far away
  4. Lori was online ordering a wedding ring on her 4th husband's CV's account (the husband murdered by brother Alex) BEFORE Chad, husband #5, murdered his wife (I think that's the correct time timeline and details for the wedding ring)
Moving right along:
  1. Just over two weeks after Chad murdered (possibly w/Lori's brother Alex' assistance) and buried wife #1, Chad and Lori married in Hawaii.
  2. Chad/Lori at various times told various people they had no children/were "empty nesters", including the landlady in Hawaii
  3. On an existential note, no one, not one person, has reported that Lori ever grieved her children's deaths.
It's...a lot.
it sure is
excellent post.

slam dunk the funk!!:cool:

Lori's goose is cooked. jerky style.

I’ve been following this trial every day and I had forgotten about the idiot phone call! oK, I’m now guilty for conspiracy with Tammy also.

Even though I’m convinced that Lori killed both the children, I have no evidence that she actually was present for Tylee, but having listened again to the opening statements, I am on the fence for Tylees murder. I am leaning more towards guilty but would really love some phone evidence for Tylee eg if Tylees phone stayed in Loris apartment on the night of 8/9 September, that would do it for me.

I believe there is enough evidence in respect to JJs murder, as both witnesses put JJ in loris bedroom that night. I would imagine that it being a fairly small house, that any noise would travel eg a visitor in the night.

TBH, to me it’s not important whether she is found guilty of the actual murders of the children, as long as she is found guilty of all the conspiracies. She is one canny lady to make sure her gps was turned off and I’m hoping that some work was done on Tylees phone to compensate.

I still think there is a lot more the prosecution can do to put this to bed with the outcome Tylee,JJ, Tammy and eventually, Charles deserve.
@cottonweaver You should do closing statements on this case, your recall is amazing!!
Glad to see to see you post this! I just mentioned it too!

That would not be easily done. It is very hard to convince SSA that a person is disabled.

The main part is the documentation, and the medical piece. It really isn't that hard if you have the paperwork in place.

But we don't know this as a fact anyway. I just surmised it, based on the fact that Tylee was not in school, and did not have a job. Somewhat unusual for a person her age.

That, combined with the medical issues we have heard that Tylee has...

Right

But no....she has insisted on being known in court as MRS CHAD DAYBELL.

Good point. And I will find it interesting if CD continues to stay married to LVD. While the state cannot compel a spouse to testify against his or her spouse, that has nothing to do with whether or not a spouse voluntarily decides to testify.

I guess that they are awaiting the "rapture" of when the world ends.

The main part is the documentation, and the medical piece. It really isn't that hard if you have the paperwork in place.

But we don't know this as a fact anyway. I just surmised it, based on the fact that Tylee was not in school, and did not have a job. Somewhat unusual for a person her age.

That, combined with the medical issues we have heard that Tylee has...
We've heard testimony that Tylee was working in SS chiropractic clinic. She was also a very good student so she may have graduated high school or gotten her GED by May 2019.

Thank you for your comprehensive post. I agree with your findings re all of the victims. I agree that the alibi does not help the defence. Surely LV defence team is experienced enough to know what the charges are? I am confused as to why they have submitted the alibi. Perhaps their client insisted? Perhaps MM is around in the background somewhere (is he still supporting LV professionally in some form?).
I have also wondered whether LVD might have insisted. I think she is full enough of herself to think that if she can convince the jury she wasn’t there when anyone was killed then they would also believe her if she said she didn’t know anything about it until after it had happened. But I don’t think she can convince them of anything if she doesn’t take the stand. I’m pretty sure her lawyers wouldn’t want her to - but if she insists on that as well then they have no choice.

Now, CD on the other hand I do think might testify in his own trial. If so, I think he might not just blame AC but also LVD. Her trial will be over by then and she’ll be serving life and he’ll never see her again and I don’t think he’ll hesitate to try to point the finger at her to save his own neck. Of course, that could backfire and she could then come testify at his trial as a rebuttal witness so it’s possible that we could hear from her even if she doesn’t testify in her own trial.

I have also wondered whether LVD might have insisted. I think she is full enough of herself to think that if she can convince the jury she wasn’t there when anyone was killed then they would also believe her if she said she didn’t know anything about it until after it had happened. But I don’t think she can convince them of anything if she doesn’t take the stand. I’m pretty sure her lawyers wouldn’t want her to - but if she insists on that as well then they have no choice.

Now, CD on the other hand I do think might testify in his own trial. If so, I think he might not just blame AC but also LVD. Her trial will be over by then and she’ll be serving life and he’ll never see her again and I don’t think he’ll hesitate to try to point the finger at her to save his own neck. Of course, that could backfire and she could then come testify at his trial as a rebuttal witness so it’s possible that we could hear from her even if she doesn’t testify in her own trial.
If Lori is convicted there will be appeals. There have been enough questionable things allowed by Boyce that it is virtually guaranteed. I'm not saying the appeal will be successful, just that if she gets a long sentence there will be one.

She is not going to testify at Chad's trial because it could incriminate her both in any new trial and in her Arizona trial.

I think she would be an idiot to testify at her own trial but we'll see.

If Lori is convicted there will be appeals. There have been enough questionable things allowed by Boyce that it is virtually guaranteed. I'm not saying the appeal will be successful, just that if she gets a long sentence there will be one.

She is not going to testify at Chad's trial because it could incriminate her both in any new trial and in her Arizona trial.

I think she would be an idiot to testify at her own trial but we'll see.

'Just jumping off your post (re: appeals)

If LVD is convicted and there are appeals... I've been wondering if Arizona can proceed with their charges against her during that time or must they wait until all Idaho appeals are heard/decided? Anyone know?

Sure, Arizona can proceed any time including now. If she is convicted in Idaho there is no guarantee Idaho would extradite her to Arizona to stand trial. If she gets 5 years for example, meaning she'll be out in under 2 since she has already served over 3, Arizona may very well wait. If she gets 20, I would think tthey would want to proceed right away.

It wouldn't make sense for AZ to proceed until after this trial, would it? Anyway, thanks for the info. I don't know where I got the idea AZ had to wait until after all the ID appeals.

'Just jumping off your post (re: appeals)

If LVD is convicted and there are appeals... I've been wondering if Arizona can proceed with their charges against her during that time or must they wait until all Idaho appeals are heard/decided? Anyone know?
Sure, Arizona can proceed any time including now. But Idaho would not extradite her in the middle of here trial and we don't usually try people in absentia in this country so Arizona would be stuck.

Generally speaking, states are independent and sovereign. They do not even need to consult each other on issues like this. But there are practical issues to work around.

If she is convicted in Idaho there is no guarantee Idaho would extradite her to Arizona to stand trial. If she gets 5 years for example, meaning she'll be out in under 2 since she has already served over 3, Arizona may very well wait. If she gets 20, I would think they would want to proceed right away and would not wait for appeals to play out.

People have mentioned that taking him off meds was a horrible thing but I don't think any of us know that. There were 3 Arizona pediatricians on an early prosecution witness list but we have not heard from them. I think we would have if it was such an awful thing.
Would you post a link for the early witness list as I don't recall seeing it. TIA.

I've been doing some research after my previous post a day or two ago about burning a body and needing to break it up and it raises some questions.

I hope nothing happens to anyone around me because ... my search history!

Anyway, it apparently takes 3-4 hours to cremate a body in a proper retort furnace that reaches high temperatures. So I don't understand how Chad and Alex could have gotten the job done so quickly. Alex probably did not arrive until9 or so and was down the road eating tacos by noon.

I'm not at all suggesting they did not do it. I'm just wondering if maybe it took longer or Chad finished the job himself. Or is it possible she was killed on the 8th on the way back from Yellowstone and dropped off Sunday evening? Would there be Sunday services in the evening that might have kept all the Daybells away from the house to give time to put the body in the shed so Chad could get an early start?

Would you post a link for the early witness list as I don't recall seeing it. TIA.
I don't have a link. I think it was from the grand jury proceeding and listed the witnesses for that. I would be happy to send you the list privately because I don't know if I am allowed to post it publicly since I'm not certain what the source was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member