ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I do. I still think, based on testimony that the breaking up of the body was done after substantial burn (perhaps to make burning easier). I believe that AC was there at the beginning, and IMO Chad finished off the task. I cannot believe that the burn process would have been completed in 2-3 hours, even with an accelerant. This could also account for the animal gnawing in that the burn was not completed on the same day.

I have found an article which supposedly shows a satellite image from the 9th September - is this what you mean? I think the fact that it is dark in this image indicates a recent burn. I base this on other images that show the firepit as 'light' coloured.

Perhaps they burned Tylee’s body somewhere else, it didn’t burn, they took it half burnt to the tool shed to break it down, and then tried to burn it some more on Chad’s property.

brilliant, thanks. It might not be the same exhibit - state might have acquired higher re images since The Sun published that in 2020 but it still gives us a good idea of what they're referring to. The dark shape is not fire pit, it's burial spot.

So, well after AC left Daybell's house, CD hadn't replaced the turf over the burial site but Tylee is buried by then.

btw LE hadn't considered getting sat imagery until KSLTV did so and published it.
2020 The Sun's link:
SATELLITE images apparently show disturbed soil in Chad Daybell’s backyard
KSL TV obtained the image from that day, which show dark pixels on the ground at the spot where police recovered Tylee's body on June 9, 2020.

Her remains were unearthed near the buried body of her little brother, Joshua "JJ" Vallow, 7, during a intensive search of the Idaho property.

The station reported that these dark clusters indicate that the soil had been disturbed.

KSL noted that it wasn't confirmed that the state's legal team or even the police were aware that these pictures were taken.

Pléiades 1, a satellite system run by the French national space program, CNES, is the source of the photo.

It's Earth-observation satellite systems take pictures of the surface of the globe.

BTW Yes I agree that even morons like Chad & Alex & Lori will have known you can't eliminate a body on a low temperature bonfire so I've no idea if this was properly thought through or whether it was just to reduce attention from carnivores or simply based on the casting-out beliefs Z talked about ( Binding & burning re spirits re-entering) Maybe, as you suggest CD continued burning some pieces after AC had left the property)
Another scenario is that the remains were reburnt at the burial spot vis a vis the melted green bucket. Now, the bucket will give off really black smoke because it is plastic.

Perhaps they burned Tylee’s body somewhere else, it didn’t burn, they took it half burnt to the tool shed to break it down, and then tried to burn it some more on Chad’s property.
We have to weave it into the timeline of Alex’s phone pings. I suppose it is possible that it wasn’t even that day, but the evidence is quite compelling re Alex’s presence at the Daybell property.

I want to know if Lori was any where near those murdered children at the time or after their deaths. I want that moment of knowing exactly what she did. ..not just her manipulations but her participation....she always has been a street angel house devil type..look how she treated her own cousin..l and anyone who fell in with her religious superiority complex would be a perfect victim. Alex was in love with his sister and I think she used him and brainwashed him...he also had an evil mean streak and Lori exploited it..she probably held their inapropriate relationship over his head.

so twisted. wow.

I think the jury began this case hoping the charges were not true. Who wants to believe this horrific act by a loving mother? But the trauma done to these children is too much to get past. She is going to be found guilty.

I think as Tylee's body was burning AC and CD hacked away at her to try and break her body into smaller pieces. The 'stab' marks with the pointy tool, there was enough force to leave marks left on her bones. I don't know how a person could kill somebody else, nevermind children and then destroy their bodies in order to hide their crimes. It's abuse of a corpse and LV & CD need to rot in jail forever.
ETA I am not sure how the green bucket fits into this. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
SPEAKERS AT THE TRIAL (UPDATED THROUGH 27 APR 2023)

LINDSEY BLAKE: STATE ATTNY (summary 1, audio Apr10)
Opening statements - "The defendant used money, power, and sex to get what she wanted. It didn't matter what it was."

JAMES ARCHIBALD: DEFENSE ATTNY (summary 1, audio Apr10)
Opening statements - "The evidence will show Lori was a kind and loving mother."

1- KAY WOODCOCK: STATE WITNESS, grandmother of JJ (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr10)
CV's life insurance (Feb 2019), JJ's disappearance (Aug 2019), wedding items on CV's Amazon account (Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that KW asked LVD to raise JJ

2- BRANDON BOUDREAUX: STATE WITNESS, ex-husb of LVD’s niece (summary 1, audio Apr10)
LE's initial involvement; attempted shooting from Jeep (Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: questions why MP thought BB was gay, questions BB’s observations of shooting

3 - RAY HERMOSILLO: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, audio Apr11, Apr12)
Jeep surveillance, welfare check & search warrants (Nov 2019), discovery of JJ & TR bodies (Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: questions whose weapons were in garage, establishes that LVD was in HI when TD died (19 Oct 2019)

4 - JARED WILLMORE: STATE WITNESS, Madison Co Sheriff (summary 1, audio Apr12)
CD & LVD prison phone call as bodies were discovered (Jun 2020)

--CD & LVD's AFFAIR (OCT 2018-OCT 2019)--

5 - JOE POWELL
: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff (summary 1, audio Apr12)
surveillance on CD & LVD (Nov 2019), exhumation of TD's body (Dec 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that LVD was in HI when TD died (19 Oct 2019)

6 - MELANIE GIBB: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD (summary 1, 2, 3, 4, audio Apr13) OBJ
CD & LVD's initial meeting (Oct 2018), CD & LVD's shared beliefs & affair; CD & LVD's phone call with MG (Dec 2019), MG & DW's visit to LVD's on last day JJ was seen (22 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs, emphasizes all LVD did for her children

7 - NATHAN DUNCAN: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr13, Apr14)
shooting of CV (Jul 2019), CD's call to mortuary (Jul 2019), CD's blessing to AC (Jun 2019), "CV"'s email to CD & CV's emails to TD (Jun 2019), texts from CV to LVD (Jul 2019), texts between CD & LVD about CV's insurance (Jul 2019), AC's "2manykids" text to LVD (Sep 2019)

8 - ZULEMA PASTENES: STATE WITNESS, wife of AC (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr14, Apr18)
CD & LVD's initial meeting (Oct 2018), CD & LVD's shared beliefs & affair; "Idiot can't do anything right by himself" on night TD was shot at (Oct 2019), "I think I'm being their fall guy" (Dec 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs

9 - COLBY RYAN: STATE WITNESS, son of LVD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr18)
financial issues; prison phone call between CR & LVD (Jul? 2020)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs, emphasizes all LVD did for her children

---CV's DEATH (JUL 2019)---

10 - MIKE SAARI
: STATE WITNESS, Social Security Administration (summary 1, audio Apr18)
social security payments

11 - CHUCK KUNSAITIS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr18, Apr19)
bank statements, prescriptions, flights

12 - MIKE DOUGLASS: STATE WITNESS, FBI (summary 1, 2, audio Apr19)
timelines of financials

13 - SCOTT COWDEN: STATE WITNESS, Chandler FD paramedic (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
AC did not provide CPR to CV after shooting (11 Jul 2019)

14 - AIREL WERTHER: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD homicide (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
following up with LVD after CV's death (11 Jul 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that AC called 911, establishes that JJ & TR were both with LVD day of shooting

15 - SANDRA YNCLAN: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD homicide (summary 1, audio Apr19) OBJ
interviewed LVD & TD after CV's death (11 Jul 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that AC was not arrested after CV’s death

16 - APRIL RAYMOND: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD (summary 1, audio Apr19)
*exclusionary issue - listened to Jason Lum’s interview with a cousin of LVD
LVD & TR's stay in HI, LVD was "done with JJ" (Feb 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs

17 - NATHAN MOFFATT: STATE WITNESS, Chandler PD (summary 1, audio Apr20) OBJ
CV’s death & inconsistencies in interviews (11 Jul 2019)

---MOVE TO REXBURG (SEP 2019)---

18 - SYDNEY WOODBURY SCHENK
: STATE WITNESS, JJ’s babysitter (summary 1, audio Apr20)
Babysitting JJ (18-19 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that witness thought she would be babysitting JJ long-term

19 - JOSH WILSON: STATE WITNESS, Kennedy Elementary Principal (summary 1, audio Apr20)
JJ’s school attendance in Rexburg (3-20 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: establishes that witness thought JJ would be attending school there long-term

20 - WYNN HILL: STATE WITNESS, BYU-I Dean (summary 1, audio Apr20)
TR never applied or enrolled at BYU-I

---JJ & TYLEE'S DEATHS (SEP 2019)---

21 - DAVID WARWICK
: STATE WITNESS, friend of LVD & husband of MG (summary 1, audio Apr20)
*exclusionary issue - listened to 45m of wife MG’s testimony OBJ
Introduced to LVD by MG in AZ (Aug 2019), visit to LVD’s in Rexburg (20-23 Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about religious beliefs/visions

22 - BRUCE MATTINGLY: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff (summary 1, audio Apr20)
Seized electronic evidence from Daybell home (Jan 2020)

23 - BENJAMIN DEAN: STATE WITNESS, FBI analyst (summary 1, audio Apr20)
TD’s cell phone data, including raccoon text (9 Sep 2019)

24 - DAVE STUBBS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr20, audio Apr24)
Travel records, email, Fitbit, prescription, cell phones, insurance records; search for TR’s Jeep & welfare check (Nov 2019); wedding photos (Nov 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about forensic training, reiterates that only AC was at both locations on key dates

25 - NICOLE HEIDEMAN: STATE WITNESS, FBI (summary 1, 2, audio Apr24)
CD & LVD Google searches, temple visit dates (Nov 2018-Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about search results

26 - NICK BALLANCE: STATE WITNESS, FBI (summary 1, 2, 3, audio Apr24, Apr25)
Cell phone data location ‘pings’ (Sep 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about FBI training, mapping cell areas

27 - SUMMER SHIFLET: STATE & DEFENSE WITNESS, LVD’s sister, representing TR (summary 1, audio Apr25)
STATE: LVD told her she knew where kids were and that they were safe (Feb 2020), video visit (Jun 2020)
DEFENSE: LVD’s childhood & family, LVD’s relationship with TR, LVD’s religious beliefs

--- FORENSICES EVIDENCE FROM JJ & TYLEE'S REMAINS (JUN 2020)---

28 - RICK SCHMITT
: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, audio Apr25)
Yellowstone trip (8 Sep 2019), storage unit footage (Oct 2019), discovery of bodies (9 Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: asks how they know “C.Quint” at shooting club was AC

29 - STEVE DANIELS: STATE WITNESS, FBI forensics (summary 1, audio Apr25)
Excavation of TR & JJ’s remains (9 Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials

30 - DR GARTH WARREN: STATE WITNESS, forensic pathologist (summary 1, audio Apr26)
JJ’s autopsy: cause of death as asphyxia by plastic bag & duct tape (11 Jun 2020), TR’s autopsy: cause of death as homicide by unspecified means (Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials, how they determined cause of death

31 - DR ANGI CHRISTENSEN: STATE WITNESS, FBI forensics anthropologist (summary 1, 2, audio Apr26, Apr27)
Examination of TR’s bones (Aug-Sep 2020)

32 - DOUGLAS HALEPASKA: STATE WITNESS, FBI forensics examiner in firearms & tool marks division (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Examination of TR’s bones - signs of stabbing & chopping injuries on pelvis bone (Feb-Oct 2021)

33 - DAVID SINCERBEAUX: STATE WITNESS, ID State PD, analytical chemist (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Fire debris analysis - gasoline present with remains
X-EXAM: asks about contents tested

34 - RYLENE NOWLIN: STATE WITNESS, ID State PD, forensics lab (summary 1, audio Apr27)
DNA analysis to determine JJ & Tylee’s parentage

35 - KATHERINE DACE: STATE WITNESS, forensic biologist (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Analysis of blood stains; Tylee’s DNA on shovel & pick ax from CD’s shed (Apr 2021)
X-EXAM: asks about credentials, where hair was found (on tape)

36 - TARA MARTINEZ: STATE WITNESS, forensic scientist (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Latent prints on black plastic bag match AC

*11 - CHUCK KUNSAITIS: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 3, audio Apr27)
Satellite imagery of Daybell residence (Aug-Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about smoke or fire on satellite images

---TAMMY'S DEATH (OCT 2019)---

37 - SAMANTHA GWILLIAM
: STATE WITNESS, TD’s sister (summary 1, audio Apr27)
Events leading up to TD’s death, learning of TD’s death from CD

I want to know if Lori was any where near those murdered children at the time or after their deaths. I want that moment of knowing exactly what she did. ..not just her manipulations but her participation....she always has been a street angel house devil type..look how she treated her own cousin..l and anyone who fell in with her religious superiority complex would be a perfect victim. Alex was in love with his sister and I think she used him and brainwashed him...he also had an evil mean streak and Lori exploited it..she probably held their inapropriate relationship over his head.

so twisted. wow.
I personally believe Lori is the type of person who wants to distance herself from the scene, especially if it's going to be brutal.

*Where was she when JR was attacked by Alex? Wasn't she waiting in a car? (Please correct if wrong as I haven't actually seen any news reports about it)

*How about Charles? She fled to the car with her children, then made Tylee go back into the house (!) to grab her forgotten purse, before leaving the scene.

*How about when Tammy was assaulted at two different times? Missouri and Hawaii respectively.

*Where was she when graphic evidence was about to be presented in court? She definitely didn't want to be in that room, that's for sure!

*How about later when she is forced to be in the courtroom when the disturbing photos are presented into evidence? Looking up at the ceiling, walls, floor, doodling on her notepad, or trying to chat with her attorneys... anywhere and anything but having to look at and see those cruel images.

No, I don't believe she was actively involved in what happened to her children. But she was OK with it happening nonetheless. Just my observation and interpretation of her historical behaviors.

I personally believe Lori is the type of person who wants to distance herself from the scene, especially if it's going to be brutal.

*Where was she when JR was attacked by Alex? Wasn't she waiting in a car? (Please correct if wrong as I haven't actually seen any news reports about it)

*How about Charles? She fled to the car with her children, then made Tylee go back into the house (!) to grab her forgotten purse, before leaving the scene.

*How about when Tammy was assaulted at two different times? Missouri and Hawaii respectively.

*Where was she when graphic evidence was about to be presented in court? She definitely didn't want to be in that room, that's for sure!

*How about later when she is forced to be in the courtroom when the disturbing photos are presented into evidence? Looking up at the ceiling, walls, floor, doodling on her notepad, or trying to chat with her attorneys... anywhere and anything but having to look at and see those cruel images.

No, I don't believe she was actively involved in what happened to her children. But she was OK with it happening nonetheless. Just my observation and interpretation of her historical behaviors.
I think that her role is the master manipulator. The payoff was money and a life with husband #4 sans children. People are disposable to her including her own children. She is used to getting what she wants and she was likely enabled all her life by her parents.

Last edited:
I think as Tylee's body was burning AC and CD hacked away at her to try and break her body into smaller pieces. The 'stab' marks with the pointy tool, there was enough force to leave marks left on her bones. I don't know how a person could kill somebody else, nevermind children and then destroy their bodies in order to hide their crimes. It's abuse of a corpse and LV & CD need to rot in jail forever.
ETA I am not sure how the green bucket fits into this. What are your thoughts?
The green bucket, I think, contained burning body parts, the heat from which melted the bucket. I wish we could actually see the evidence!

I think that her role is the master manipulator. The payoff was money and a life with husband #4 sans children. People are disposable to her including her own children. She is used to getting what she wants and she was likely enabled all her life by her parents.

yeah she needed to get another life insurance policy going on someone and fast! she wasn't wasting time..she must have lost her mind when Kay got that payout..she played it cool with Chad about it..but you know she was on to her next mark.
she was gonna make up that money...mOO

link to that obit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members